[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to make a long solo sound interesting? I can noodle so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1479917840601-1.jpg (171KB, 1280x959px) Image search: [Google]
1479917840601-1.jpg
171KB, 1280x959px
How to make a long solo sound interesting?

I can noodle some interesting intervals and licks, but dont know how to make it sound interesting like an actual solo

It starts at 2:02 after the drum fill and goes by 8 repetitions of the progression

https://clyp.it/2b5nbjhd

Do you have any ideas on it?

Thanks in advance
>>
>>73093733
sounds good anon, would just turn guitar higher in the mix cause i can barely hear it. I would start where you started, and then do some other licks and build it up higher and higher.
>>
get the emotion building up like a crescendo, you know. And then by like a minute in you're just full on jamming
>>
>>73093935
>I would start where you started
b-but theres no guitar solo in there
>>
start off slow and gain speed and momentum gradually. dont blow your load too early by playing way up high on the neck too soon, give it time to reach climax
>>
File: 1491134358477.jpg (49KB, 475x600px) Image search: [Google]
1491134358477.jpg
49KB, 475x600px
I struggled with this a lot and still do, but I think I've figured it out, it's because you think too much about what you're doing. You practice so that all that technique becomes subconscious and automatic, you shouldn't think about it when you play. Music is like speaking, when you speak you don't think about the letters you choose, you just let your mouth and vocal chords do their thing, you think thoughts and your mouth can automatically articulate them, that's exactly what needs to happen when you play an instrument, only then will things start sounding natural. Forget everything you've learned while playing, forget the licks, intervals, everything. Don't think about what you're doing physically, you need to think about the music, the melody, the sound you want to create and just let the fingers do their thing.
>>
stop posting, samuel
leave
>>
>>73095465
will never leave
>>
>>73097208
thats the spirit
>>
>>73093733
just play arpeggios with tons of FX on, no one will notice
>>
Good, worthwhile guitar solos are incredibly rare. Most of the time you can completely discard them

Ween comes to mind as one of the only bands I can think of with consistently great guitar solos. They always perfectly match the tone of the song
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.