[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Record store experiences. Post your best, worst, or weirdest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: Please Do Not Do This.jpg (162KB, 694x511px) Image search: [Google]
Please Do Not Do This.jpg
162KB, 694x511px
ITT: Record store experiences. Post your best, worst, or weirdest record store experiences. Post things you like, things you don't like etc.

>pic related
This shit drives me crazy.
>>
File: a2165492760_10.jpg (198KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a2165492760_10.jpg
198KB, 1200x1200px
Went in to pick up pic related. Guy at the counter gave me free poster.
>inb4 I'm will toledo
>>
I work at a record store. I am not the best looking guy and not a huge charmer, but I've picked up a few female customers. Today, a girl who was a solid 7 came in with this fat, unshaven, poorly dressed autist in a fucking goddamn fedora. The kid comes up to me asking if we have Faust, and I say "shiggy."
His eyes glow.
I. Fucking. Called it.
"You know about 4chan?"
"What?"
"Y-you know about 4chan?"
"Dude, what the fuck are you talking about," I am a damned good liar. His female companion goes "Chris, this is embarrassing," and walks over to our CD racks.
So this fat kid starts going around looking through our prog and avant garde music, and I walk over to the girl. They were both probably around my age, though the fat guy looked very young, partly because of his patchy, ugly attempt at a beard, so I decided to fuck with this kid and start hitting on the girl he's with.
After faking interest in her shit taste for a while, I ask, loudly enough for the guy to hear, why she and "her brother" are here today.
The fedora guy turns and awkwardly loudly says "I'm not her brother and we're on a date," and this chick fucking cringes and says "It's more of, uh, a friend date."
I swear to god if you could have seen that guy's face you would never forget it.
Again, I am not a charmer, but the asshole in me was taking over, and I just couldn't resist. I said "Well, if you ever want to go on a regular type date, I'm always right here," and the girl smiled and said she'd do that some time.
I convinced her to buy a few shoegaze CDs since she liked Loveless and Chris bought a Beefheart vinyl, and I slipped in a reference to him having "plebeian" taste and he lost it about 4chan again and I pretended he was acting insane and I had no idea what it was, the girl just shook her head and said "Chris, nobody knows about your stupid website," then Chris asked if he could borrow some money to pay for his Beefheart vinyl. The girl left me her number.
Chris, if you're on here, thanks
>>
File: 1483921878513.png (239KB, 479x464px) Image search: [Google]
1483921878513.png
239KB, 479x464px
>picked up a really cheap old copy of Black Sabbath's "Master Of Reality"
>went to add it to my Discogs collection
>check label to see which version I have
>mfw its a promo copy
They didn't know what they had.
>>
Once I was in a record store and there was this old guy in the corner, looking right at me, listening to something and screaming really loudly:
"EVERYBODY SCREAMS!"
"EVERYBODY DIES!"
It was... terrifying.

Also, when I bought my copy of Sister the owner of the store said: "Man, already? We just got that this morning, I wanted to listen to it."
Also, when I bought Sunn O))) & Boris - Altar he congratulated me on my choice and that he was really happy that someone actually had bought it on the first day he put it on display.
>>
>>73083709
every time
>>
>>73083731
probably still worthless bud
>>
>>73083790
It goes for $80-150 on Discogs.
>>
The record store near me rules, he's just an old dude that knew everyone in music scene for the last 30 years. He likes me because I have good taste and don't constantly look shit up on my phone like all the other people. He recommends me stuff he thinks I'll like, and tells me stories about musicians he knows, and gives me discounts on whatever I buy.
>>
my only local record store shut down last december because their rent went up 3x in one year. now there's a fucking asian fusion restaurant there and the whole area's become this gentrified place for middle-aged white people to feel cool and spend way too much money on clothes
>>
I was at some portland vinyls store about to buy strangers to ourselves when some drunk homeless guy said Oh god don't get that one!

It was isaac brock and only after i left did i realize he somehow slipped an ugly cassanova cassette tape into my back pocket...
>>
File: 1254188739105a.jpg (23KB, 469x428px) Image search: [Google]
1254188739105a.jpg
23KB, 469x428px
>>73083709
>>
>>73083809

Post link.
>>
>>73083624
>Friend suggests that I get records just to have physically collectible memorabilia of the music I love so much
>We go to the one place listed as a "record shop" in my town
>It's a cafe combined with a record shop.
>It's 99 percent "cafe" and 1 percent record shop, with bins about 10 feet long each filled with records.
>All of the records are 1950s/1960s crooning/pop/country standards. Absolute shit.

The only other place I've seen vinyls is Barnes & Noble lol.
>>
>>73084098
please stop calling them vinyls. or trying to buy any at all when you don't have a record player
>>
File: R-6022431-1409054548-6589.jpeg.jpg (62KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
R-6022431-1409054548-6589.jpeg.jpg
62KB, 600x600px
>go to local shop
>playing pic related
>think it sounds dope and pick up a copy
>becomes one of my favorite releases of 2014

Good Stuff
>>
>>73084204
The real hardcore know they are called vinyls...

And if you truly respected the vinyls you would never open or play them as soto retain theirperfection thus no player is needed or hence required
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.