[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he the most powerful man in the music industry? Other large

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: fantano_2.jpg (116KB, 640x438px) Image search: [Google]
fantano_2.jpg
116KB, 640x438px
Is he the most powerful man in the music industry?

Other large entities in the review industry take the form of collectives, Fantano is a single man able to voice his opinion unchecked.

He is not bound by the same rules and regulations regarding any other entity. Advertisers, editors, industry insiders, non of these have any bearing on this man.

Those working on music in any serious capacity (artists, producers, distributors) are all bound in that they must produce music to make a profit, they are at an inherent level compromised. Fantano has no overhead he can manipulate the music landscape as he sees fit.

If he gives a band a 3/10 he can end their career, a power that a single man at Pitchfork could only dream of. How can this mad melon be stopped?
>>
>>73074182
Go to bed Fantano
>>
we can't, just accept it and don't listen to anything he gives anything below a decent to strong 6
>>
In the music industry? No. In the music review industry? Probably. He's the only reviewer that any average normie could name at least. I'd say that's powerful.
>>
>>73074182
hi anthony
>>
>>73074231
Who could be more powerful than him? So big money players might have the ability to exert more control than him, but nobody is invested in pumping money in the industry for the sole purpose of realizing their aesthetic ideals.
>>
>>73074182
Anthony Stfu
>>
>>73074182

>able to voice his opinion unchecked

Real shame its always shit then isnt it
>>
If he's so "powerful" where are the careers he's ruined? Fuck, where are the careers he's made?

Exactly. This guy is a nobody nothing. And thIs is coming from someone who likes the guy.
>>
>>73074435
He doesn't do it intentionally.
You don't hear of those he's btfo because they fade into obscurity.
Death Grips is his magnum opus. One of the few limits to his power is that he does not review obscure music, a 9+ review of a bandcamp band on a main video would easily make them.
>>
>>73074488
Interestingly enough, he actually did do a track review of a band that I'm friends with and their live audience skyrocketed in the space of a month. So whilst I might not necessarily agree that he has the power to fade a band into obscurity, he can definitely make a name for someone.
>>
>>73074435
>where are the careers he's made?
death grips
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.