[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious question: How do you start with writing lyrics (rap

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: 1495210023950.jpg (33KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1495210023950.jpg
33KB, 640x640px
Serious question:
How do you start with writing lyrics (rap to be precise)?
>>
Just record yourself freestyling for a few hours and keep the parts that sound good
>>
NUGGUH NUGGUH
*GUNSHOT
FUCK BITCHES
*GUN RELOAD"
AYO I'MMA CRIMINAL
>>
you don't

nobody needs another piece of shit rapper when there are tons of them already
>>
>>73073915
Two ways, start to worship or to hate yourself to the point of no return then you'll have plenty of stuff to say to world.
>>
File: 1479240804350.png (886KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1479240804350.png
886KB, 900x900px
>>73073915
100% chance that this is you.
>>
you got a bunch of youtube channels / websites out there aimed at studying rhyme schemes and such.
study that shit and have something to tell or explore, and you're halfway there. you only improve by trying i guess.
>>
>>73074013
I hate myself and what I've become, but I'm pushing 30. Can I still make it?
>>
>>73073991
This but unironically.
>>
>>73074172
You're on your way, if you haven't already start depriving yourself of sex and go vegan for maximum impact
>>
>>73074228
You're definitely on to something. Was almost suicidal when I wasn't having sex. Veganism might've pushed me over the edge.
>>
>>73073915
if you have to ask on /mu/ you have nothing interesting to say inside of your head
>>
File: cover.jpg (124KB, 1425x1425px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
124KB, 1425x1425px
>wo wo WE WE

That's a gorgeous hook right there.
>>
>>73073915
You either have it, or you don't. If you have to ask like this, you probably don't.
>>
I STARTED AT THE BOTTOM
NOW IM HERE
ALSO COUGH SYRUP
>>
>>73073915
just say some random gay shit, like this

I'm drinkin milk cos it's good for my bones
even tho i heard i fucks with yo hormones

Whites will love it
>>
Study basic poetry rhyme schemes,
A
B
A
B

at the very least. Learn how to switch between 1/6 and 1/4 to syncopate and add variation to your voice, realize that the voice not only needs to act as a deliverer for the lyrics but also to keep the tempo and flow of a song. This gives you some idea of how you might fit a beat. Honestly, just listen to MF DOOM as he doesn't edit his vocals and when he fucks up a little bit in his earlier stuff you realize tons of things you'd always silently understood but probably couldn't articulate. Also, freestyle endlessly. Start in your head then move to whispering then to full on talking, doesn't matter if you fuck up
>>
>>73074811
god he's right too i hate how ok with that i was

that being said, its due to the swing necessary because of the incongruent syllable count between the two lines. there IS an art and there IS a science that goes so deep behind all of this, I'm just not sure of anybody besides myself has taken the time to fully articulate it, though people like that do exist.

Nas was just contracted by a Harvard Professor to discuss lyrics from Illmatic
>>
>>73074127
ew or you could just spend your entire life listening and analyzing rap and stop being a faggot
>>
MY NAME IS OP AND I'M HERE TO SAY
I'M A REAL TOUGH DUDE WATCH ME DAB TODAY
>>
>>73073991
kek
>>
Start with battle raps or party raps and then move into creative versions of that, and then you can move into conscious stuff after that. Then you can start doing bragadocious raps.

Rappers just think of rhymes and then fill in the rest it seems
>>
PUSH ME TO THE EDGE
>>
she complain co the fishes wanna follow me
she know me too well co she study criminology
>>
This is now a make your own rap thread
>>
Have an experience, spend time alone processing it, compose music, tell experience over it
>>
>>73073915
You're white and 16. So never.
>>
>>73076176
This op
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.