[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come the bass guitar is inaudible in almost every heavy metal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

How come the bass guitar is inaudible in almost every heavy metal mix but is central to the sound of other genres?
>>
because they're fucking distortion-heads
>>
>>73068853
not every metal band is metallica, anon
>>
>>73068913
even then early metallica had very prominent bass lines
>>
>>73068853
>bass guitar is inaudible in almost every heavy metal mix
Thats literally only in black metal, if you can't hear the bass in other metal genre then your literally just deaf because you cranked the volume too loud listening to ebin edm/rap/bassy jazz.
>>
>>73068977
turned the volume down, still inaudible
>>
Because a decent amount of metal production is shit. That's part of the charm. Aside from that, metal puts more emphasis on rhythm guitars and drums. Blast beats are going to drown your bass if you don't specifically mix to avoid that.
>>
>>73068853
ex-metalhead
because metalheads would rather hear the sick shrrrrredding of a guitar than the average plunk of a bass guitar
and the fact that a lot of metal bands tend to put less talented bassists so they just turn that shit down
>>
>>73068853
because bass is most sexual instrument and metal exists to be as asexual as possible

learn2musictheory
>>
File: 1491106345700.jpg (91KB, 734x729px) Image search: [Google]
1491106345700.jpg
91KB, 734x729px
>>73068995
The damage to your ears is already done you turbo autist
>>
>>73069020
turned the volume back up and applied a low-pass filter, still buried between the bass drums and the compression they add to the guitar because it doesn't punch you hard enough on its own
>>
Here's some good bass production in metal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Egw9BCKjHqk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMPfYr7JiZM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSyzExhOxu8
>>
>>73069043
Give me the exact song your listening to, I guarantee its either some meme death metal band that brick walls their sound on purpose or a lowfi band. Also I said you played your other music too loud not the metal so you gained hearing lose in the lower frequences. Changing the volume now won't undo your hearing damage
>>
File: album-iron-maiden.jpg (167KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
album-iron-maiden.jpg
167KB, 320x320px
>>73068853
Must not have listened to this
>>
>>73068853
Billy Sheehan would like a word.
>>
File: download.jpg (12KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12KB, 300x168px
>>73068995

Death, Morbid Angel, Primus (I consider it metal), Early Metallica (FUCKING FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS HAS A BASS INTRO), and the list goes on...
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.