[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>they use stock ableton presets why do people take death grips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 9

>they use stock ableton presets
why do people take death grips seriously again?
>>
>>73068846
because dubstep nu-metal is exactly what manchildren and underages need in the current decade
>>
>producers are only legit if they spend 3 years crafting the perfect analogue synth patch!!!

I bet you get mad because 99% of rock bands use generic distortion
>>
>>73068846
Nobody actually takes them seriously.

>>73068875
this
>>
>>73068846
because they make stock ableton presets sound good

>>73068875
i hear if you use 100 buzzwords over all your posts you get a free sandwich
>>
They also sampled a printer
>>
>>73068846
can you give an example?
>>
They're not to be taken seriously. MC ride is a character, a persona, after all. I'm betting that 99% of what ride sings about isn't real
>>
they're definitely not bad live but i know what you mean. i hate hearing stock sounds or samples i've heard a million times but seeing them with just zach drumming and mc ride screaming is really raw and what needs to be happening in music. since everything can be done with computers now people don't even worry about paying musicians to play their music. it's too bad their studio stuff is nowhere near their live stuff
>>
>>73068846
that's really selling that group short. I get that it's the "in" thing for /mu/ to shit on death grips, but once the steroids album drops, this shit will disappear for a few more months

Anyways, for a concise rebuttal:
>excellent drumming layered in an interesting way
>versatile MC with impeccable energy
>vivid lyricism that is just at great at self-parody as it is commentary on pop-culture
>god-tier production that really makes each studio release vary wildly

it's not for everyone, but goddamn it has quite an impact that not a lot of music does for me. And before you ask, I'm a 26 year old family man living on a salary. Adults can enjoy this shit and you don't need Fantano to help you like it for what it is
>>
>>73068944
Some of the drums in Lord of the Game are from the C78 drum rack, I've verified the cowbells from the stem it's not a real CR78.
>>
>>73069028
>>excellent drumming layered in an interesting way
except you can't hear him drumming on the most of their stuff

>>versatile MC with impeccable energy
>>vivid lyricism that is just at great at self-parody as it is commentary on pop-culture
it's actually one step away from numetal garbage

>>god-tier production
such a low standard of 'god-tier'
>>
>>73068883
this honestly, why do you think everything in /prod/ is so fucking boring? they spend all of their time caring about mixes and patches but completely forget to create music thats worth the time it takes to listen to. also dg sample lofi 80's commercials and shit, theyre way into the collage and dadaism trash art.
>>
>>73068930
what song?
>>
>>73068846
Why do you think this means anything? Really cool stuff can be made with stock presets
>>
>>73068846
they're basically grimes of hip-hop, the fabases they spawned are also equally cancer
i guess it tells a lot about them
>>
>>73069152
youre in denial if you dont consider their producing at least above-average
>>
lmao

I love when gear faggots get mad about shit like this because they have no talent or creativity

it's not what you use it's how you use it
>>
>>73069244
>it's not what you use it's how you use it
yeah, but their music is garbage, so I guess they're bad at both
>>
>>73069178
Face Melter
>>
>>73069243
edgier =/= better
>>
>>73069262
>yeah, but their music is garbage
migos-listening p4kdrone detected
>>
>>73069262
i'm just talking in general terms whether you like them or not

there's plenty of great music that was made with bare bones simple midi shit

the only people who get angry about this are autists who spend thousands of dollars and gear and tweaking patches and create shitty cliche techno that nobody wants to listen to
>>
>>73069031
wow man that so interesting...... besides anal producers who cares?
>>
>>73069317
>death grips and mumble rap is the only music I know
kek though it's expected from a dgfag
>>
>>73069317
>Found the guy whos insecure about his own music taste
>>
>>73069331
It's not about the sounds or the music, it's about the general lack of respect for he audience. They took the easy way out because they didn't expect anyone the scrutinize their work, would you respect a chef who used ragu just because he knew that 99% of people couldn't tell? It's way more than the triviality of the cowbell, it's a spit in the face of everybody who took the time out of their day to listen to their music.
>>
>>73069152
>except you can't hear him drumming on the most of their stuff
are you retarded? you can hear zach drumming on basically everything from NLDW onward. He plays all their beats on roland v-drums and they just keep changing the sounds of them
>>
>>73069445
>you can hear zach drumming on basically everything from NLDW onward
not true btw
he clearly started using v-drums only on NOTM
>>
>>73069262
a strawman to be expected of someone who cares about this shit in the first place
>>
>>73069525
I don't think you know what strawman is
>>
>>73069498
lol that's totally wrong he played everything on NLDW and there's no reason to assume he didn't do the same on GP and everything else. You obviously aren't that familiar with the band.
>>
>>73069400
can't tell if you're trolling or have serious mental disorder
>>
>>73069564
>he played everything on NLDW
not really
>>
>>73069400
Would you be this mad if you found out a rock band used a Les Paul even though dozens if not hundreds of bands have used one before?
>>
>>73069498
>>73069596
yes he did, he played all the drums on a v-kit in his apartment, it's on record. go look it up.

besides you guys are retarded if you think zach isn't capable of playing the beats you hear on these albums. the whole reason they sound the way they do is because of how he drums them. Do you even know about Zach Hill work outside death grips? the beats sound like his drumming because they are his drumming
>>
>>73069153
>dg sample lofi 80's commercials and shit
ayo senpai do you have an example of them doing this?
>>
>>73069650
of course he wouldn't.
he's clearly a gear autist with a chip on his shoulder
>>
>>73068875
Death Grips are nu-malecore
>>
>>73069542
tbf I was juggling in my head whether it was or not but it certainly is something
>>
Lots of producers use stock presets. If it fits the song then fucking use it. If it doesn't then do something different. It's about knowing what works for what you want. Fucking hell.
>>
>>73068846
their initial philosophy was to disregard audio quality to focus on creativity
>>
>>73069581
I'm of 100% mental sanity, an insane man would not be able to tell the nuanced differences between preset and authentic.
>>73069650
There is a radical difference between using a Les Paul and using imitation stock samples. The Les Paul is a physical object, it requires money to purchase and is bounded by reality. Googling CR78 samples and using authentic samples rather than something stock would have been sufficient enough that I would not have complained. It's the difference between several hundred dollars and 2 minutes of time.
>>
>>73069596
>>73069498
this is one of the things that shows how little so many people on here actually understand their music.
>>
>>73068953
You'd be right
>>
>>73069281
Recognizable=better. At least in music, this is true commercially and aesthetically
>>
That actually makes them superior musicians. Think about it, imagine how much a musician is judged not by the notes he plays but by the instruments he uses?

Imagine how shitty somelthing like... idk War Pigs would sound if Black Sabbath used a drum machine and guitar rig. It would be unlistenable garbage.

death grips completely sidesteps this and are judged not by their instruments, but by their musical talent. That kind of makes them a step above everyone else who relies on gear and real instruments to sound good, no?
>>
>>73069679
i think it was actually like a graphics demonstration but it was on blood creepin. shits hard to find but i saw it before
>>
>>73068953
>I'm betting that 99% of what ride sings about isn't real
wow we've got a fucking genius over here
>>
>>73069816
No
>>
>>73069784
so you're saying a talentless person who buys a 3 thousand dollar gibson and records their shitty twangs is better than someone with talent who composes an electronic symphony with stock midis?

money is not synonymous with creativity. this is the gear autist mentality

>maybe if I spend another 5 grand on gear someone will listen to my shitty bloops!
>>
>>73068846
>stock ableton
>stockableton
>stockbleton
>stockleton
>stocketon
>stockton
hmm
>>
>>73069886
Competently missing the point. What I said was that the guitarist is bound by physical reality and price of equipment, he is far less able to choose sounds. There was no boundary stopping them from downloading free samples instead of disrespecting the audience with presets.
>>
>>73069886

I would rather listen to a decent amateur with amazing gear than the world's greatest composer using shitty beeps and boops
>>
>>73069955
>>73069926
>preferring style over substance
>>
>>73069926
you're the only one who is "disrespected"
>>
>>73069955
Then you're a retarded cunt who shouldn't be listening to music
>>
>>73069886
>>73069926
Forgot to add that it's clear that you're unhinged, you're clearly seating with rage from the attack on your superiors. How could someone say that using presets is lazy and disrespectful you whisper to yourself in a haze of dust(probaly including cheetoh variety) and stench of semen. They played themselves, they've played everyone who's ever listened to them. It's over Death Grips is finished, put them in the recycling bin where they belong, donate the records to the goodwill, at least they may get a second life as a key bowl or wall decoration.
>>
>>73069825
Is this it? It's for Known For It.
https://youtu.be/dhGz_7mYnj4?t=110
>>
>>73070018
at 1:50
>>
>>73068907
Go back to R3ddit you SJW nu-male. This is exactly why manginas and millennials are turning into fucking antifa degenerates rioting in the streets. 2 shekels have been placed into your account goyim. I bet you voted for Shillary and shat on drumpf you low-test faggot. I bet you're a male feminist who can't handle the red pills of reality. Blue pilled cuckhold. I bet you listen to Grimes and get reviews from fantano you cum guzzling pleb. You're not a hipster you beta bitch, you're a high level normie with shit taste. You and your music taste is cancer. I blame niggers, Jews, spics, dykes, faggots, chinks, nips, misogynists, white males, bitches, hoes, Uncle Tom's, globalists, neocons, Trump, Obama, Hillary, podesta, scaruffi, bill Clinton, rapists, pedos, necrophiliacs, autism, child support, prenup, alimony, pussy passes, sonyfags, nintendrones, NEETS, sperglords, snowflakes, coalburners, b-tards, Illuminati, traps, anime, boipussy, ladyboys, weebs, hypebeasts, crackers, Hitler, Nazis, the Holocaust, 9/11, moot, BLACKED, Bane, McCarthyism, fascists, dictators, sexism, racism, heightism, the LGBT movement, roe v. Wade, marvlel, dccucks, sand niggers, poo in the loos, Australians, aliens, we wuz kangz, white supremacists, the KKK, black Panthers, the Dallas cowboys, anal, pegging, waifus, the_donald, /r/4chan, and buzzwords.

Where's my sandwich?
>>
>>73069955
okay. so you're a complete and utter pleb. congrats
>>
File: Jimmy Ferrari2.jpg (14KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
Jimmy Ferrari2.jpg
14KB, 240x320px
just wait until OP hears Human Story 3
>>
>>73070099
Or R+7
>>
>>73069317
>shitting on migos to prove you are a patrician

youtube comment tier. i love death grips btw but 90% of you are cancer
>>
File: 51-dkAkxLyL._SL1500_.jpg (56KB, 353x500px) Image search: [Google]
51-dkAkxLyL._SL1500_.jpg
56KB, 353x500px
>>73068846
They're basically The Beatles of the 21st century. If The Beatles created music, DG destoryed it in spectacular fashion and made something new. Post are still being made about them like this one but their creativity completely sidesteps the typical mu rhetoric. Autistic this, autistic that. It's not boring, it's typical, which is worse. Off the Steroids I go.
>>
>>73068875
/pol/signaling please go
>>
>>73068953
ill bet you the opposite
i mean except for like the murder n shit
>>
>>73069679
Check The Who sampled for Known for It
>>
>>73068883
>>73069153
These. If anything, they're doing it on purpose to piss off prod purists like OP.
>>
>>73069789
>it's hard to understand edgy pop garbage
>>>/r/music
>>
>>73070892
I already knew about that, but I didn't consider it a comercial. I thought he meant some OPN type sampling
>>
>>73069926
But what if they just liked the way that particular cowbell sounded regardless of popularity
>>
>>73069153
>also dg sample lofi 80's commercials and shit, theyre way into the collage and dadaism trash art.
by that logic, so is every soundcloud vaporwave producer
>>
>>73071069
not anybody in this thread but yes
death grips is at its core soundcloud music with more money put into it
>>
>>73071002
>death grips are pop by any definition of the word "pop" you might try to pull out of your ass
get off /mu/, go outside and actually talk to people
you might be surprised how the world works
>>
>>73070072
you earned it kid
>>
>>73071169
I said 'edgy pop' you fucking ding dong.
And yes, this garbage is edgy pop by any definition.
>>
>>73069905
I don't know what this means but I agree with this guy
>>
I've never listened to Death Grips and probably never will. I think its better to just imagine what they sound like based on /mu/ threads
>>
It's been a long time since I've seen this amount of pretentiousness in one thread.
>>
>>73068846
This is fucking ridiculous. You suggest that I can't take criticism as I sit here for HOURS fending off a bunch of raging retard aspies. What fucking mental institution did you whores escape from? I feel like I'm in some alternate universe where sane thought has been replaced by mental retardation. You guys think that I'm so bad because I judge people's music taste yet you're doing THE SAME THING. You are fucking hypocrites of the highest god damn caliber. Next time you go to a record store I hope you freak out like the autists you are make a giant fucking mess of a situation where everybody around you laughs. It must be hard not having any fulfillment in life beyond winning internet arguments with strangers, mustn't it? Learn some basic human fucking respect you shitlicking neanderthal scum. It's not hard to talk without using memes all the fucking time. You argue solely with greentext and stupid reaction images, it's like FOR FUCKS SAKES just talk like a person. None of you EVER explained how jazz is in any way, shape, or form even moderately engaging on the most basic fucking level. You are are all toilet humping trannies who probably post pictures of yourselves in rainbow thigh-highs for attention because you have no way of getting it in real life. Stop replying and go jerk off to captain beefhearts autistic fish head orgy you stupid fucking queers. I hope you all fall into fucking manholes and break your skulls open, god you are fucking retarded.
>>
Leave it to DG threads to bring out the kind of autism that comes close to putting Grimes threads to shame.
>>
>>73069700
nice try nu-male
>>
i gotta say guys im really feeling the love in here
>>
the inevitable 5/10 by fantano will be the guillotine that takes out death grips,

but this thread really ended them on this board. death grips is finished.
>>
>>73070072
This shit reads like the description of an old Youtube video
>>
>>73069977
In music style and substance go hand in hand. That was Miles Davis' philosophy, anyways. But I see your point and agree
>>
>>73071069
I don't see the issue
>>
>>73068875
fpbp
>>
>>73070072
damn.
>>
>>73072257
The inevitable Scaruffi 4/10 will be the final nail in their coffin.

It's to be expected, especially since Scaruffi discovered Impossible Nothing.
>>
>>73071305
that's mu's logic in a nut shell. they're actually really good, artistic and creative.
>>
>>73071378
that's a pretentious way of surmising any thread without actually being open to ideas
>>
>>73068846
>just discovered Jones Grips

this is kino
>>
>>73071684
DG brings out the best of postmodernism, you're part included
>>
>>73069400
What an autist lmao
>>
fuck schnizz n shit nizz
>>
>>73072257
that's why it's easy to side this shit. Wanting a powerful thing to fail because of some arbitrary score? listen to me, GO OUT SIDE. the world's works differently
>>
>>73073829
no one cared who death grips were until fantano gave them the 10
>>
>>73073853
wrong. he brought in a lot of dickriders but to say no one cared about exmilitary is just flat out wrong. this board itself cared about it.
>>
>>73073995
Not that guy, but whether or not he constructed them in a literal sense is irrelevant to Fantanos current relevance.
Fantano is the most important figure in music right now, he's more important than any other review site.
He as one man has so much power and sway over the industry that he could end a career of a mid tier indie band over night, a 10 from Fantano is near instantaneous stardom.
Fantano shapes the industry in a more concrete sense than any other singular artist, producer, manager, distributor, or label owner.
>>
>>73069153
Finally someone is saying it, nobody cares how did you make a track as long as it sounds good.
>>
>>73074042
wouldn't argue that, and that is not what was being argued. the sad thing about dg's career is not the ass fanbase brought in by fantano but the response to that fanbase that makes people to write off one of the more interesting bands of this decade.
>>
File: 1484680493898.jpg (10KB, 255x200px) Image search: [Google]
1484680493898.jpg
10KB, 255x200px
>>73069400
You can't be this autistic
>>
File: hehe.gif (321KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
hehe.gif
321KB, 200x200px
>>73070072
>the section of the list that scaruffi happened to be placed in
>>
File: 1494313275776.jpg (11KB, 278x282px) Image search: [Google]
1494313275776.jpg
11KB, 278x282px
>>73069955
>>
>>73069955
You're a superficial dumbass.
>>
>>73073995
Until TMS came out half the board thought of them as ICP wannabees.
>>
>>73074234
half the board has shit taste so there's that.
>>
File: 5eb.jpg (26KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
5eb.jpg
26KB, 600x750px
>>73069955
>>
>>73070072
is this pasta?
>>
>>73070072
FUCK LOL
>>
>>73068846
Only faggots care about what presets people are using. If it sounds good then it sounds good, if it doesnt sound good then it doesnt sound good.
>>
>>73074317
It is now.
>>
>>73070072
10/10.
Is this pasta? If not, do you mind if I save it please?
>>
>>73074629
It's all yours my friend
>>
File: paint.jpg (448KB, 2048x1757px) Image search: [Google]
paint.jpg
448KB, 2048x1757px
>Don't mind me. just using this color preset and this stock brush
>>
>>73071546
Do you want a hug?
>>
>>73071185
filename gg
>>
Think I've grown out of Death Grips. BP and Steroids did absolutely nothing for me and I'm not sure why.
>>
>>73069905
/thread
Now can someone tell me what is stockton?
>>
>>73069153
>Dadaism
Stop trying to sound like you know something. That's not Dadaism you fucking retard
>>
so im listening to them for the first time now, and wow. id hope no one is taking this shit seriously.

i dont know what i expected but this is fucking retarded. it's almost like i can hear them laughing at how stupid their followers are for listening to this garbage.

ive noticed ive started liking some music just because it's so liked and well known despite being so bad, like i found it humorous in that sense. like ugly god or some lil uzi songs. this is the epitome of such.
>>
>>73075709

my man you are also part of the official taste committee i see

all these losers listening to music they think is good but it is actually bad lol, like didnt they get the memo
>>
>>73074862
same
I think I grew up off this
I still enjoy some of their older songs though
>>
>>73069400
God tier fucking bait
>>
>>73070072
INCLUDE ME IN THE SCREENCAP HOMIES XDDDDD
>>
>>73069031
Their first project, also their worst one, I don't really see why it matters. Everything they've made after has been great
>>
>>73069031
And the drums still sounded amazing
>>
>>73068846
I don't like deathgrips.
>>
>>73075643
Your Dadaism is a homo, you cunt
>>
>>73070849
What exactly did his post have to do with /pol/?
>>
>>73074676
Only relevant post so far
>>
>>73075709
had to check to see if this was copypasta despite it being so terse. Stop being a mental midget and at least try to be bold with your criticisms.
>>
>>73075643
>Dadaism
Developed in reaction to World War I, the Dada movement consisted of artists who rejected the logic, reason, and aestheticism of modern capitalist society, instead expressing nonsense, irrationality, and anti-bourgeois protest in their works.[

Not the guy you responded to but seriously suck a dick.
>>
All this hate on Death Grips seriously makes me like them more.
>>
>>73074676
Underrated
Thread posts: 138
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.