[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this for real /mu/? Sounds like any old guitar tripe from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: my_bloody_valentine_loveless.jpg (667KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
my_bloody_valentine_loveless.jpg
667KB, 1000x1000px
Is this for real /mu/? Sounds like any old guitar tripe from the 90's. Why is this considered good?

I'm halfway through /mu/core and it's been mostly shit, but this really takes the cake. Literally nothing outstanding or unique about it
>>
stop pretending you know something about music
you're embarrassing
>>
Maybe if you had some taste you wouldn't be going through /mu/ entry level chart , get your shit right between the two terms
>>
>tfw I want to hear that album and get initiated in Shoegaze
>tfw it will be probably some cringy record overrated by oldfags that were middle-class teens in the 90s, like American Football and Neutral Milk Hotel
>tfw still hoping for it to be like The Velvet Underground +Nico and Spirit They'Ve Gone, Spirit They've Vanished, thus proving /mu/ still has taste
>>
>>73065580
>that were middle-class teens in the 90s,
why the fuck is so much of the discussion on this board centered on societal distinctions like this lately?
do you care about music at all you stupid twat?
>>
>>73065691
Middle-class teens in the 90s seem to have made tons of cringy music and cringy stuff, more than usual. That develops on me a psychological reaction of distrust towards most things made by 90s' teens. Keep in mind that they have also made excellent stuff
>>
>Still hasn't gone through /mu/ core
>Thinks his/her opinion matters
>>
>>73065743
>essentially: no
just leave
>>
>>73065691
No, just presenting some sort of image. Try to get them to actually give a critique about the music itself -- you get bullshit like calling Spiderland "too acoustic"
>>
>>73064977
>Sounds like any old guitar tripe from the 90's
Name 5 similar albums and point out the similarities.
>>
File: turtle.png (53KB, 252x150px) Image search: [Google]
turtle.png
53KB, 252x150px
>>73064977
>I'm halfway through /mu/core
>>
So no one can actually explain what makes it good then? What i expected
>>
>>73065580
>olfags that were middle-class teens in the 90s
I was 20 (in 2010) the first time I ever listened to Loveless, and poor as fuck. I loved it.
>>
>>73066045
>what makes it good then?
Painstaking and highly idiosyncratic approach to sound art supported and reflected by a sophisticated, almost impressionistic style of composition.
>>
On my first playthrough I hated it. It was my first time hearing shoegaze though.

In fact, I only really enjoyed it after When You Sleep. At which point I started to gain an appreciation for the rest of it.

Now it's my alltime favourite album
>>
>>73066045
Watch fucking Anthony Fantano to know why it's good. Why would we give the effort to explain to you.
>>
>>73066750
>unironically advising someone to watch fantano
kys
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.