[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone seem them live? I'm going to their last show

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

Has anyone seem them live? I'm going to their last show and I'm wondering what to expect.
>>
Its very loud and long, and expect drones.
>>
I've seen them twice, both shows were great.
Very cathartic in my opinion, get some decent earplugs, go in the front row, and just enjoy the show.
>>
It's very, very loud, but it's definitely worth it. I saw them yesterday and I'm still a bit in awe about it (and I can hardly even hear myself talk).
>>
>tickets gifted to swans show for birthday
>have to expect /mu/ memes about Michael Gira because first time
>expecting extreme violence
>get to the concert
>all attendants are happy and band is calm
>Michael gira looks at me at the end of the show
>expect him to ignore me and walk away but he tells me to read the first letter of every line
>>
>>73063835
Not bad
>>
>>73063752
The show is not outdoors. How are they going to fly the drones inside?
>>
Seen them live 3 times. They play loud and play for a long time (2+ hours)
You gonna get exhausted by the end of it but it's a great experience.
>>
>>73063806
I never wear earplugs. Is there a best kind for music?
>>
>>73063865
ones that work.
If you don't wear earplugs to a swans show it will be very painful and long.
>>
>>73063835
Kek
>>
>>73063953
I definitely plan on it for this. I'm going to buy them.
>>
i saw them last night

it was fucking outstanding. they were the loudest act there and my ears are still ringing

one thing to expect is to remember almost nothing of the show when you walk out - or at least that's the case with me

>>73063953
only actually painful after the show. last night's show was 2 hours but those 2 hours flew by fucking fast
>>
>>73063865
Neither did I to be honest, but the show was loud as fuck, so I would recommend getting a decent pair. I would lie to tell you what are the best kind of earplugs, so if anyone would be nice enough to tell anon what kind of earplugs to get that would be of great help.
>>
>>73064001
to add to this, yeah definitely get earplugs - especially if you do manage to get a rail spot like i did
>>
Honestly, i was pretty disapointed after seeing them earlier this year.
Dont expect a performance that resembles the albums. Expect them to drone a song for 40 minutes without any discernable motions and then fading out.
Gira is a character on stage, but watching him angrily wave at the rest of the band for the entire concert and then going Aaaaaaaaaa for 10 minitea didnt do it for me. I prefer the Albums by FAR.
Go se godspeed, they are way better live.
>>
>>73064082
the knot itself is 45 minutes to begin with on the deliquescence live CD lmao
>>
>Very long concert with not a lot of songs played (6 songs in 2 and half hours when i saw them)
>Extremely loud my body were sour for days afterwards due to the volume (and i stood far back and wore earplugs)
>Dont get eyecontact with michael during the gig its uncomfortable as fuck (very nice guy after show tho)

other than that just enjoy yourself
>>
File: 1479635568927.jpg (314KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1479635568927.jpg
314KB, 800x800px
I only just got into them recently, tempted to go to the last Irish show in Dublin tomorrow night. I've heard it's only their last shows as the current band formation though and that Gira's still gonna tour and record as Swans, that true?

Also are the sets as loud as Godspeed's?
>>
>>73064122
You can find youtube versions that are more than an hour.
Might have been a case of bad sound. But godspeed at the same venue was orgasmic.
The loudness didnt bother me.
It just felt like i was intruding on gira sadistically whipping his band in a dungeon. But not in a fascinating way.
Even stoned and half drunk i couldnt force my self into the trancelike state i wanted to be in.
It felt like bad acting.
>>
>>73064307
I'm gonna go; never got a chance to see them before now
>>
Probably one of the best shows to completely lose yourself at. Don't try to talk to people during the show, it's pointless. It's so loud you probably won't even remember there's living humans surrounding you.

Gira hangs out at the merch booth after the show. Go up and shake his hand, he's actually really friendly.

Bring ear plugs. I usually couldn't care less about earplugs at shows but this is different. If you're anywhere in the sound field your ears will be pounding not just ringing after the show. The first time I saw them I didn't wear plugs and my ears were killing me for two or three days.

Bring comfortable shoes. You're gonna be standing for around 3-4 hours with the opener and everything. Try to take a piss beforehand and don't drink an alcohol that makes you piss. Nothing worse than chugging four beers and then having to take a piss halfway through the show.
>>
I'm really excited, i saw it was happening and just felt i had to go
>>
>>73064307

Louder than Godspeed. Loudest non-metal band I've ever seen. I could feel the goo in my eyeballs vibrating. Fucking amazing performance too. You should absolutely go. Get there early and get up front.
>>
Saw them last night. Bought earplugs especially to see them and I'd recommend them to others. Ears still rang after the show but today are absolutely fine. Just let the music take over your body (which it will) and don't give a fuck what anyone thinks of you. Michael Gira signed my deliquesence CD after the show and i shook his hand, seemed a really genuine and grateful guy. Deffo worth staying after the show as Michael is at the merch stand signing stuff within 15 mins so no long wait
>>
oh yeah definitely make sure you pick up deliquescence from the merch table if you wasn't able to get it when it was on sale on young god
>>
>>73063835
kys
>>
>>73063741
don't headbang, he's grown soft in his old age but I wouldn't test the crazy bastard
>>
>>73063835
fooking lel m8
>>
>>73063835
lmao
>>
>>73063741
why do we need this thread every day?
>>
I was lucky enough to get tickets to their last show in November. Definitely going to bring a nice pair of earplugs along.
>>
>>73063835
quality shitpost
>>
>>73063835
unexpected
>>
>>73066102
If you're going to a Swans concert planning to headbang you clearly don't know the music well enough to have any reason to go to a Swans concert. I understand why Gira would get angry. They're not some trash metal band.
>>
>>73067614
chill the fuck out kiddo, Gira was notorious for attacking head-banging members in the audience back in his no-wave days

these days, he usually just shouts at people if he's feeling like putting on a folky performance, which I highly doubt he'll pull for this tour
>>
>>73067691
I know, i'm saying i understand and that people who actually go to a swans concert planning to headbang are retards who clearly missed the entire point of Swans music
>>
>>73064307
I didn't think Godspeed were that loud, just very dense-sounding, like that "warm noise" you get with shoegaze bands
>>
>>73067614
>>73067942
If you don't lose control and headbang during the Cloud of Unknowing climax, you're not human
>>
>>73063835
it always strikes when you least expect it
>>
>>73063835
took me way too long to put this together
goddamnit
>>
File: 1488747757492.png (21KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1488747757492.png
21KB, 400x400px
>go to Swans concert
>being the weakling I am, I quietly leave thirty minutes into the show because I can't stand for that long
>how fucking hard is it to install chairs
>listen through public castration is a good idea during the drive home, consider crashing the car
>>
>>73063835
theg ame?
>>
>>73069801
you are what nu-males strive for

consider killing yourself
>>
>>73069883
please don't call me a male
>>
>>73070007
M A L E
A
L
E
>>
>>73070111
stop that
>>
>>73069801
Unless you have a medical condition that's ridiculous. How do you even work or do anything?
>>
>>73063855
What a stupid thing to say anon
>>
>>73070332
>work
by sitting in a chair before a desk upon which a computer stands, of course
>or do anything
in what world does a human need to stand for more than half of an hour?
>>
>>73070440
>in what world does a human need to stand for more than half of an hour?
Most things
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.