[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No album is perfect, but this is at least a 9/10. How would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

No album is perfect, but this is at least a 9/10.

How would you change it to make it a full 10/10?

Ignoring nitpicking lyrics, I'd:

* Smooth out the transition between the Hook and the beat-drop. Sounds a bit better the second time though.
* Remove or rewrite Kid Cudi's part (diff. melody) on All of the Lights.
* Remove Jay-Z's part from Monster and add Kendrick. He proved himself on this beat already and he had that hungry-up-and-coming sound back then. Potentially a bridge by Bon Iver.
* Remove Hell of a Life (and reuse parts of it for a new song, like the samples after the hook)
>>
just get rid of so appalled and shorten the chris rock skit on blame game by at least half and move it to a track earlier on in the album
>>
>>73061335

So Appalled is a masterpiece bruv, what are you talking about?
>>
end the album after runaway desu I'm only keeping it because of pusha t and making a short film for a music video
should be encouraged
>>
Make Runaway lead into Lost in the World
If that means removing Hell of a Life and Blame Game so that the album is below an hour long even better
>>
>>73061311
i listened to this in a mp3 320 file once and it was a 5/10.

Then i listened to it again in the youtube version and is actually a 8/10

The mp3 file had a "fuller" sound but also all the frequencies were messed up, the bass was very weak and the pace of the songs was accelerated in comparison to the youtube version I've heard which is slower, probably the difference of .2 or something in speed. Which makes a difference certainly. Lost in the World was actually very nice though because it sounded like a lush radio banger but every other song was much better and immersive.
>>
File: 1493452779654.jpg (30KB, 684x570px) Image search: [Google]
1493452779654.jpg
30KB, 684x570px
>>
>>73061311
>remove Hell of a Life
>improve mastering
>remove Jay Z
>>
>>73061311
Chop the last 3 minutes off Runaway
Chop the skit off Blame Game

Really, I don't see the point in that ending to Runaway. Completely over stays it's welcome
>>
>>73061937
>>73061335

I agree that the skit on Blame Game and the ending of Runaway is a bit too much if you listen to the songs individually, but in an album sense it fits I think, but both could be cut by 20-30% I feel.
>>
If you delete Hell of a life, I delete you
>>
>>73062024
This 2BQHWYMF.
The low-pitch secret lyrics hanging in the background are so awesome.
Masterpiece record.
>>
> Remove Jay-Z's verse on Monster
> Take out the RZA at the end of So Appalled
> Trim the Blame Game skit

Other than that it's a 10/10.
>>
>no album is perfect
>>
>>73062024
>>73063137
agreed, the outro to Hell of a Life is a top 3 moment on the album
>>
Delete the first two tracks.
>>
>>73061311
>Replace RZA's verse on So Appalled with another Wu member, maybe Ghostface or Method Man
>Replace Blame Game with this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLpbc1N9BB8
>Have Jay rewrite his Monster verse
>>
>>73061311
Remove All of the Lights (Interlude), All of the Lights, So Appalled, and Blame Game, add No More Parties in LA after Monster on the new cut

Now it's the best thing he's ever released
>>
>>73063697
I'm offended.
>>
>>73063710

A few tracks off GOOD Fridays, removing a few tracks off MBDTF and some restructuring conceptually would've made this album one of the best of all time, across all genres.
>>
>>73061858
I don't know why I fucking hate every single featured Jay Z verse, but I do. Like what the fuck? He is just rattling off random shit that has nothing to do with the song. It doesn't make sense. replace him with another rapper and the song is 10/10.
>>
>>73061396
this. its the best song
>>
>>73061311
Get rid of
Gorgeous
All of the lights
Blame game
Lost in the world

Now its decent
>>
I thought this made a lot of sense conceptually.

Part I.
Dark Fantasy
Gorgeous
Power

Part II.
All of the Lights (interlude)
All of the Lights
Monster
So Appalled

Part III.
Devil in a New Dress
Christian Dior Denim Flow
Runaway
Don't Look Down

Part IV.
Blame Game
Hell of a Life
Lost in the World (last minute with the choir)
Who Will Surivive in America

Don't think it gets better than this, working with what we already got.
>>
Everyone who wants Blame Game to be trimmed fuk u bich fite me m8
>>
>>73064879
Getting rid of gorgeous and lost in the world is retarded
>>
>>73061311
How you gonna do hell of a life dirty? your opinions just lost credability
>>
>>73064879
>get rid of Gorgeous

What can men do in the face of such shit taste?
>>
>>73063428
Moondance is better
>>
>>73064872

It took me months to fully appreciate So Appalled, used to think it was awful. Not saying it's the best song on the album, but it manages to encapsulate a lot of the self-aware corruption that comes from fame.
>>
>>73061311
Can Devil In A New Dress and Rick Ross' verse stay?
>>
>>73061311
Easy peasy.

>Cut the Chris Rock skit.

There ya go. 10/10 album.
>>
>>73063168
RZA's part is great, really ties the song together. Remove Chris Rock Skit or shorten it alot, maybe shorten rhe outro og Runaway. What's with all the people not liking Hell Of A Life? Why?
>>
>>73064702
Which ones?
>>
>>73066250
>Don't Look Down
Because it's basically a followup to Runaway

>Christian Dior Denim Flow
Fits with the fashion theme of Runaway, Devil in a New Dress, Don't Look Down
>>
>>73066233
the runaway outro is one of the top 10 GOAT moments of modern music lmao
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.