[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>thinks he is eclectic >doesn't listen to trad-folk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

>thinks he is eclectic
>doesn't listen to trad-folk from at least 20 different countries
>>
>>73055338
what's some good international trad folk?
>>
>>73055397
Well that depends where you live
>>
>>73055338
Jokes on you, I listen to 732 types of rock
>>
>>73055472
Germany. I like contemporary German neofolk and 60s/70s Liedermacher, like Hannes Wader who also re-popularised many older folk songs. What else should I listen to?
>>
>>73056011
>only 732
pleb. i have 2,068, and that's not counting the regional scenes
>>
A fun thing about Trad listeners is that they all only have a small handful of albums/compilations that they've listened through more than 10 times.

They autisticly go through music checking off boxes and thinking that having Kenyan folk playing in the background while they jerk off to anime makes them superior to us minor-autists.
>>
>>73056373
How would you even know that? Are you some kind of pervert perhaps?
>>
>>73056410
I've actually met every Trad listener IRL.
>>
>>73055338
>doesn't focus on being eclectic
>doesn't worry about strange self imposed music quotas
>enjoys life
>dies
>>
>>73056421
You must have a friendly for for people to be that honest with you.
>>
>>73056466
It's funny what people will tell you when it's the first time they've spoken to another human being in months.
>>
>>73056373
As a trad listener who could fill most of an explr.fm chart, guess what really happens...

Like with popular music (rock, jazz, etc) you try lots of different music Styles like Kenyan folk once, then once you find styles you like which are good and worth further attention, you listen to those more!
>>
>>73056613
So do you have more than 10 albums that you constantly revisit? Or are you going from one half-listen to the next so that you can check off more countries?

Can you even name more than three songs off most of the trad releases you listened to last month?
>>
>>73056646
I have about 80 albums from 30 countries in one main region I enjoy just as much as Western popular music which I listen to just as much as my pop/rock and electronic music, yes.
>>
>>73056683
>80 albums
Exaggerating isn't helping you, man.

If you listen to all of these albums at the same frequency, then you're checking in on them every couple of months at best.
>>
>>73056710
Whatever helps you sleep at night anon.
>>
>>73056724
Hey, I used to be like you.

I'd cherish albums, rate them 5-stars and tell everybody I knew that they were the pinnacle of music. Then I'd listen to them once every couple of months. Then once every few months. Then once a year.

The best music is the music you listen to most. The day you realize this will be an enlightening one.
>>
>>73056755
>Hey, I used to be like you.

Obviously not.
>>
File: tumblr_o403hbnMyx1titub2o1_400.jpg (26KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o403hbnMyx1titub2o1_400.jpg
26KB, 320x320px
>>73056768
One day you'll see the light. When you do I hope you remember this conversation.
>>
>>73056755
This is some hardcore projection. Magnifique!
>>
>>73056373
AMERICA FUCK YEAH
>>
>>73056755
Fuck off retard
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.