[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw I want to start a band >everyone in my area is looking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1495002374994.jpg (41KB, 960x904px) Image search: [Google]
1495002374994.jpg
41KB, 960x904px
>tfw I want to start a band
>everyone in my area is looking for people to join their metalcore band

Why is it so hard to find people with similar music taste?
>>
>>73050773
are there any music schools in your area?
>>
metalcore is garbage.
Also funfact, burzum is just varg and he has never performed live
>>
>>73050773
Because you don't live in a city/college town filled with p4k fags. They might be annoying, but they are easier to convince to play your type of music. That's the only reason I wished I lived in a city. Just do a solo project or something
>>
>>73050793
Not really, no. I'm taking lessons on music theory from a local music shop. Everyone there are just metal fans and don't really care about anything unless you're playing at 150 bpm
>>
>>73050851
if you want to start a band with the intent of playing live, you might have to give in the metal fans, or convince some friends of yours to learn instruments. if you just want to record music with other people, online collaborations are easy to arrange.
>>
>>73050773
what do you want to play?
>>
>>73050945
if all else fails, start a solo project. if you get really good at it, people will naturally want to collaborate with you when they see how good you are.
>>
>>73050773

why dont you post on craigslist what type of band you want and what you play and what level of skill you are
>>
>>73050945
Honestly, I was thinking of just joining a metal band and hopefully get them to play something like Deafheaven at leastz but I have a feeling that they'll be too close minded to do something like that. I might just have to do a solo project.

>>73050976
Honestly, anything at this point that isn't metal.
>>
>>73051085
Just start a stoner rock band then. Has the metal-ish riffs and solos while also appealing to pitchfork/mu-types
>>
>tfw mexico and everyone is mealfag or rancherofag
>>
>>73050773
Try doing some online networking, as tiresome and cringy as it sounds. Go to facebook groups, sub-reddits, it shouldn't be too difficult to find at least ONE other person from your area that like similar stuff to you.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.