[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I don’t know the exact circumstances of Sonic Youth’s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 219
Thread images: 15

File: ALBINI-PORTRAIT_SMALL-300x300.jpg (103KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
ALBINI-PORTRAIT_SMALL-300x300.jpg
103KB, 300x300px
>I don’t know the exact circumstances of Sonic Youth’s decision, so I’m not comfortable saying they did it wrong. But a lot of the things they were involved with as part of the mainstream were distasteful to me. And a lot of the things that happened as a direct result of their association with the mainstream music industry gave credibility to some of the nonsense notions that hover around the star-making machinery. A lot of that stuff was offensive to me and I saw it as a sellout and a corruption of a perfectly valid, well-oiled music scene. Sonic Youth chose to abandon it in order to become a modestly successful mainstream band—as opposed to being a quite successful independent band that could have used their resources and influence to extend that end of the culture. They chose to join the mainstream culture and become a foot soldier for that culture’s encroachment into my neck of the woods by acting as scouts. I thought it was crass and I thought it reflected poorly on them. I still consider them friends and their music has its own integrity, but that kind of behavior—I can’t say that I think it’s not embarrassing for them. I think they should be embarrassed about it.

Why do we pretend to hate him again?
>>
>>73047764
People hate him because they think he diddles little children.
>>
>>73047764
cucks hate him
>>
>my biggest achievement was producing the three stooges: the man: the person
>>
>>73047764
If he has such a problem with "the mainstream" then why the fuck did he produce albums for bands like Nirvana, Bush and Chevelle? Fucking hypocrite.
>>
>>73047850
Nirvana are not mainstream. Nirvana are grunge which is not mainstream.
>>
>>73047850
he didn't like nirvana when they first met, also Nirvana, bush or chevelle never claimed to be an underground band like Sonic youth. They all had reached mainstream success right when they met steve
>>
>>73047874
My point what he accuses Sonic youth of being guilty of as a band he is guilty of as a music producer. By his own logic he should be embarrassed for producing mainstream bands.

>>73047871
Here's your (you) faggot. Now use some real bait next time.
>>
What's Albini's best recording/production job and why is it American Don?
>>
>>73047871
please don't meme like this, it sickens me.
>>73047874
>Nirvana never claimed to be an underground
Kurt was constantly labeling every other band "sell outs"
>>
>>73047920
>not spiderland

Pleb
>>
>>73047929
Albini didn't produce Spiderland
>>
>>73047897
more like if you're going to say you're underground, stay underground. Dont turn around and try to achieve mainstream success and just sell out like that. I think its an integrity issue rather than a mainstream or not issue
>>
>>73047764
I'm not pretending, fuck Steve

>>73047929
uhh
>>
>>73047927
which bands were these, thats ironic considering he sold out his entire music scene for 1 album
>>
>>73047971
>I'm not pretending, fuck Steve
why tho
>>
>>73047961
Sonic Youth never "sell out", they just signed with a major labor
>>
>>73047764
I can't stand Albini, but he has been proven right about this.
>>
>>73048087
Sonic Youth literally released two buttcrack albums in the early 90s. Thankfully with Jet Set Trash they got back on track.
>>
>>73048087
One and the same
>>
>>73048087
le my band was purest meme
>>
>>73047955
Albini is not a producer. He's an engineer.
>>
>>73048084
He's a dick! He's an utter shithead with such a massive superiority complex putting down every fucking band in existence whining about "authenticity" and shit. Fuck him
Songs About Fucking is a bad album too, and his vocals ruin Shellac
>>
>>73047961
So why is it an integrity issue for Sonic Youth but not Albini? Did Sonic Youth ever claim they were underground and always would be? And don't say some bullshit like "Well they started off as an underground band so they should have stayed that way"
>>
>>73048114
Yep. Albini is/was a reactionary power hungry nerd, but he was right about this.
>>
>>73048165
For all intents and purposes, he's a producer. Makes conversation easier.
>>
>>73048118
Goo and dirty are great wtf? i mean except for my friend goo
>>
>>73048084
Because he's a fucking hypocrite who criticizes others for leaving the underground scene while he does the exact same thing. The guy was in the fucking Foo Fighters documentary TV show for fucks sake. That's way more embarrassing than aything Sonic Youth did in the 90s.
>>
>>73048183
Maximumrocknroll was right in exposing what utter shit Sonic Youth was.
>>
>>73048183
what?

Not an Albini fan, but he never took Geffen money as an artist.

He did as a producer though.
>>
>>73048165
Just one more reason why he's a fucking arrogant and pretentious cunt.
>>
>>73047987
Guns N Roses (fellow Labelmates)
Pearl Jam (pretty much the same career trajectory as them)
Alice in Chains
I'm sure there were more, he was always going on about "le corporations" then turn up to play for MTV

>Last April, when Rolling Stone put the band on its cover, Cobain showed up for the photo session in a T-shirt that read CORPORATE MAGAZINES STILL SUCK.
>hate big magazines
>still show up
He was such a poseur.
>>
>>73048198
No he's not.

He sets up mics and hits record.

He's not responsible for the artistic/conceptual direction of a project.

He's an engineer.
>>
>>73048229
>He did as a producer though.
Bingo. I wasn't referring to any of his musical projects.

>>73048228

You listen to a website/magazine to decide what to think about music? Neat
>>
>>73048267
You're not wrong. Just imagine having conversations with people about him and having to explain the difference between engineer and producer every time.
>>
>>73048205
True.

Albini likes to have his cake and eat it too.

He can be VERY phoney.
>>
>>73048310
Anyone can hire Albini. And for pretty cheap too.

He's simply not a producer.
>>
>>73048267
This is only mostly true. He hates to admit it, but he obviously has a sound that bands seek out. He's not just an engineer. Only mostly.
>>
>>73048339
>Anyone can hire Albini
Can you fork over $900 a day for several days to a few weeks? And that's not even considering other fees like the studio fee.
>>
>>73048391
He'll literally record a Jamaican polka band if they pay his day rate.

Sorry, but you're wrong.
>>
>>73048417
Cheap as fuck.

Most big names would charge $900 an hour.

I know a big time mainstream producer. His day rate is 50k.
>>
>>73048421
Yeah, I know, the point is you can immediately tell it was him who recorded it regardless of what it is, he has his sound and bands seek it out. He likes to think of himself as just an engineer and he basically is but it's still a little deeper than that. David Yow even talked about having to reel him in so it didn't sound too much like one of his records, because his records clearly have a sound.
>>
>>73048267
This has always been bullshit. He can call it whatever he wants but the Albini 'sound' is one of the most recognizable of the 80s and 90s. That's producing.
>>
>>73048417
>a few weeks

Is it 1973? What kind of scrub ass band spends a few weeks in the studio in 2017? Grizzly Bear? Grimes?
>>
File: 1495852330916s.jpg (2KB, 125x117px) Image search: [Google]
1495852330916s.jpg
2KB, 125x117px
>>73047929
>>
>>73048475
I mean, I'm not a fan of his 'sound'.

But he's recorded all kinds of shit.
>>
>>73048498
No it's literally engineering.

If you hire say Neil Hagerty as a producer He'll literally write and play the guitar parts.

Not the same thing at all.
>>
>>73048524
I know, but there are very prominent and consistent elements across his recordings that have nothing to do with the genre of whatever it is. We all know the Albini sound. Especially the drums. Doesn't matter who is playing what, you can tell he recorded it, especially with drums. It's more than just being a lowly engineer like he presents himself.
>>
>>73047764
He isn't wrong
>>
I'm surprised how much time Albini spent talking shit about Sonic Youth.

What was Thurston's response again? Something about Steve having to doublecheck who makes his jeans before pointing fingers?
>>
>>73048585

Melvins said they have never been treated as decently as when they were in a major label cause of Nirvana so

plus SY or no SY, REM had already beens signed and San Francisco scene was about to get picked too
>>
>>73048552
Exactly.

Albini sets up mics and hits record.

And apparently spends the rest of the time playing scrabble online.

Producers pick and choose who they'll work with and take a certain responsibility for the artistic/conceptual (and monetary) success of the project.

That's notwhat SA does.
>>
>>73048580
You're literally describing the job of a recording engineer.
>>
>>73048628
>reads Cloud Nothings AMA once
>>
>>73047850
He'll record anything, regardless of his opinions. But he sticks it to big label bands financially.
>>
>>73048587
Albini is actually right here.

Thurston's response has always been 'if you're living off the grid, I'll listen'.
>>
>>73048673
No he doesn't. He probably records 95% bands paying out of their own pocket.
>>
>>73048652
If he was exactly how he describes himself, then each of his records would sound different depending on the band. In reality, his recordings are instantly recognizable regardless of the band. This is NOT just engineering. That doesn't mean he's Phil Spector, it just means his touch is present and obvious. He may act like a ghost, but when you record with him, you're getting more than just yourself.
>>
>>73048310
you do realise your on a music board right
>>
>>73048674
Kek. And that's how he wound up releasing an collabo with a 'trans' poet

Albini was right. You can't allow corporate money into a cultural movement or art scene.
>>
>>73048699
Yes, and he is known to provide reasonable rates to those bands. There's a band, I think it was TEN but I forget, who came and recorded a single when they were independent. They came back after they signed with a major and he charged like five times as much.
>>
>>73048729
Yeah. He's has a style as a recording engineer. You're overcomplicatung this.
>>
>>73048745
Goddammit Swype, that should say REM.
>>
Imagine being a band like Silkworm recording all of your albums with Steve. You're good friends with him, so you get a nice discount and can fuck around in his studio practically whenever you want. And you'll get unconditional praise from Stevie.
>>
>>73048745
I think, at this point, its $900 for whoever.

I don't think he's doing well financially.
>>
>>73048580
Exactly. His non-producing is producing no matter what he says. It's like the people that said grunge didn't have an image. Its anti image *was* its image.
>>
>>73048731
I guess I forgot. Here it's acceptable but if you argued about things like that in real life you'd drive people away.
>>
>>73048758
Yeah, so right there, he's already more than JUST an engineer by his OWN reckoning by having a style at all.
>>
>>73048735
Yep. Corporate cash comes with strings attached. As Thurston et al. are finding out the hard way.
>>
>>73048803
What do you expect? If he sets up his shit the same way every time, there are going to be similarities. If I transcribe your words, are you going to claim my handwriting is forcing my style onto it?
>>
>>73048803
Your blowing a lot of hot air.

He recorded my retarded trust fund friend's band.

Albini hits record if the check clears.
>>
>>73048803
This guy knows what's up. And I should be clear, I'm not criticizing his work, it sounds amazing and he really does let bands do their thing, I just find it amusing when he makes a big deal about how hands off he is, as if you shouldn't be able to tell it was him recording it, when he actually has one of the most distinctive sounds of all time across all genres he records.
>>
>>73048817
All engineers have a style.
>>
>>73048795
Ah, bummer. I'm not keeping up with Steve so much these days, but I am trying to get across that I don't think he's being disingenuous by recording major label bands.
>>
He was never a good producer in the first place and only wrote one good song
>>
>>73048884
He sets up mics and hits record in a way that he thinks sounds 'good'.

THAT'S WHAT ENGINEERS DO, NOT WHAT PRODUCERS DO.

Albini himself agrees with this.

Jesus fucking Christ.

baka
>>
>>73048885
To the extent of being instantly recognizable when your schtick is supposedly being a ghost?
>>
Steve is a producer and a recording engineer
>>
>>73048932
That's what engineers do.

Producers produce. They analyze lyrics, discuss tempo, collaborate on conceptual direction etc etc etc.

Albini himself makes this distinction.

Are you retards with $900 a day buyer remorse?
>>
>>73048901
Everything you are saying is wrong
>>
>>73048988
No. I just don't buy the way he presents himself.
>>
>>73049010
Well you're wrong. I know several people who have recorded with him at EA.
>>
>>73048856
If you transcribed my words into some weird font like comic sands, it would most def change the impact of the words. It would make you like the Mutt Lang of producing and I would be disappointed because I thought I hired Steve Albini and you would be like "what dude? I'm just the transcriber!"
>>
>>73049073
*Mutt Lang of transcribing
>>
>>73049073
Not that anon, but you're wrong. Accept it.

And SA is right about SY. They could have held the line and instead took dirty money.
>>
>>73048201
my exact opinion
what were they thinking on that song?
>>
>>73049041
I've read about his process, I know he really does just push the button and doesn't fuck with the bands, but his fingers are all over it regardless just through the sheer force of his unique recording style. His non production is his production.
>>
>>73049353
You really like hearing yourself talk huh?
>>
>>73049380
Seems like just some disagreements over semantics, really. My main point is that he very clearly gives bands a sound beyond what they do themselves, he is not "pure" in his work, even if he's hands off in achieving it.
>>
>>73049483
He sets up mics and hits record

Please join the rest of us in reality
>>
>>73049483
Yes, because they are using his studio. That is the extent. What do you think he can do to have literally zero effect? What less is it physically possible to do than letting people use his shit to record?
>>
Jazz serves a cultural function in the music scene. It is a signifier for musical "adulthood." To embrace jazz is to don a kind of graduation cap, signifying a broadening of tastes outside "mere" rock music. This ostentatious display of "sophistication" is an insult, and I find the graduation cappers transparent and tedious. Certainly there must be interesting music one could call "jazz." There must be. I've never heard it, but I grant that it is out there somewhere.

Jazz has a non-musical parallel: Christiania, the "free" zone in Copenhagen. In Christiania, like in jazz, there is no law. People are left to their own inventions to create and act as they see fit. In Jazz, the musicians are allowed to improvise over and beside structural elements that may themselves be extemporaneous. Sounds good, doesn't it? Freedom -- sounds good.

The reality is much bleaker. Christiania is a squalid, trashy string of alleys with rag-and-bone men selling drugs, tie-dye and wretched food. Granted Total Freedom, and this is what they've chosen to do with it, sell hash and lentil soup? Jazz is similar. The results are so far beneath the conception that there is no English word for the dissappointment one feels when forced to confront it. Granted Total Freedom, you've chosen to play II V I and blow a goddamn trill on the saxophone? Only by willfully ignoring its failings can one pretend to appreciate it as an idiom and don the cap.

>post yfw you realize he's right
>>
>>73049516
>>73049530
You guys aren't considering his mixing. That's where he REALLY puts his stamp on.
>>
>>73049533
The more you listen to Albini speak, you wonder whether /mu/ dislikes him because he actually backs up his arguments and has some knowledge about that which he speaks.
>>
>>73049582
Again, that's what an engineer does
>>
>>73049533
What is free jazz
>>
>>73049659
It is, but I think his mixing goes above and beyond merely representing the bands sound as accurately as possible like he says. He's giving them the Albini sound, not the best possible representation of their own sound. This is his "production". Again, David Yow has talked about needing to reel him in order to get his own sound.
>>
>>73049705
Christiania.
>>
>>73049659
To add, this is actually an ideal approach for bands that don't know shit about production themselves, they get a nice good package. But a band that wants to record with him but not sound like STEVE ALBINI RECORDING™ and have their own unique sound might be better served elsewhere.
>>
How was sonic youth mainstream? They never had a top 40 hit and none of their albums ever hit platinum. Are they pretentious? absolutely!
Are the douche bags? Fuck yes! Do they make decent noise rock? Yuh
>>
>>73049950
Yeah, there's nothing wrong with pandering to big markets if you aren't successful at it.
>>
File: th.jpg (10KB, 254x245px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
10KB, 254x245px
>>73049950
Once you take corporate money you're no longer free.

If the last two years hasn't made this abundantly clear, I don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>73049994
The only thing that matters is what's in your contract. You could get a 360 deal or absolute freedom, but simply having it doesn't mean anything in and of itself.
>>
>>73050079
The point is the scene benefits from the big guys lending legitimacy and being there to help out the smaller bands.
>>
>Sonic Youth didn't sell out

Let's compare and contrast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAmWkWZiZ50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVwJMOtfJbU

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
>>
>>73050079
Nigga plz.

Contracts are only worth what you're able to enforce.

Are you ready to financially go to war with say Sony in court?

yeah, me neither.
>>
>>73050109
Yes, that too, and SA did that in spades after Nirvana did it for them. It was ultimately very positive.
>>
>>73049533

Except that not all, or even most jazz is lolsorandom tryhard shit.
>>
>>73050156
Fuck off Schlomo

Tolerating these corporate money fucks led to the clandestine take over of the scene
>>
>>73050121
chill brah
Daydream nation is still incredible. There is plenty of dissonance and noise -> silver rocket.
Sonic youth starts to sellout with Goo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDTSUwIZdMk
God tier cringe song
>>
Sonic Youth's geffen albums still are hardly commercial... there's plenty of noise and dissonance and Kim Gordon
>>
>>73050456
The art is fine.

The business partners aren't.
>>
File: 41aMPOffp8L.jpg (28KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
41aMPOffp8L.jpg
28KB, 500x500px
>>73047764
Wait, then what was their first "sell-out" album?

Was it pics related?
>>
File: 1485818427127.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1485818427127.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
People actually think that Daydream Nation & Goo are sellout albums
>>
>>73050832
Nah. That was on Blast First iirc

It was Goo
>>
>>73050984

Daydream Nation is The Black Album, Goo is Load/Reload
>>
>>73050984
It's not the aesthetics.

It's the financing

(but you know that)
>>
>>73050984
Nobody's claiming Daydream Nation is a bad album (well, somebody probably is, but he's an idiot).
>>
>>73051053
DN wasn't a corporate album.

Stop arguing with yourself Schlomo
>>
>>73051099
It's about principles. What SY did went against Steve's principles. Fugazi got offered obscene amounts of money to be the next Nirvana and they turned it down time and again.
>>
>>73051144
Correct.

And IM still has a 2 million dollar house and an intact family.
>>
>>73050832
Sonic Youth never sold out. Goo didn't even come out in a market where it could sell out. Selling out is like Liz Phair's fourth album where someone noticeably changes their sound to be played on AOR radio.
>>
File: download.jpg (4KB, 149x144px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4KB, 149x144px
>>73051188
Nigga they took Geffen $$$ and Thurston has been most recently active supporting Soros' women's march and collabing w/ a tranny poet no one has ever heard of.

PUHleeze
>>
>>73051230
Yep, it pains me to say it, but Albini was right.
>>
>>73051144
>>73051177
And so "they" refused and went on to decline until they imploded. Yeah great decision. Adjusted for inflation they were offered 17 million and full control. Sad.
>>
>>73051188
I think they technically sold out at the very end when they signed to Matador
>>
>>73051301
>offered anywhere near 17 mil

Yeah no

t. know IM

(and money isn't real. Independence and integrity are)
>>
>>73051301
Hmm, it's almost like money isn't everything. What the fuck would anyone even do with 17 million?
>>
>>73051358
Fake as fuck.

Would you take a garillion dollars to be an Israeli puppet?

(someone should ask Bono)
>>
>>73051346
Yes they were. Atlantic heard In On the Kill Taker then had a meeting during their tour. Red Medicine is still great but a step down. Then after that it was full decline until implosion. Where are they now? Irrelevance.
>>
>>73051384
What the actual fuck? Red Medicine was the best Fugazi album.
>>
>>73051358
Implying only one of them would have gotten the money.

Sounds about right.
>>
>>73051384
Fuck off.

Ian could ask Kanye about getting into business with these assholes.

It's like taking money from the mob.

It would literally be like taking money from the mafia.
>>
>>73051466
Money is a pleb reason for doing anything.
>>
>>73051478
Nothing to do with it. Ian was drunk on the power of Dischord. It didn't matter who offered the money. Ian thought he could do it himself and he was simply wrong. 17 million and full control.
>>
>>73047764
I think you guys are forgetting that this is what unironically passed for rock music in 1990 when Goo came out on Geffen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjyZKfdwlng
>>
>>73051604
Nigga plz.

Ian has integrity and told the globalist Jews to fuck off.

We won't even get into JB & TD
>>
>>73051494

That's honestly something only a teenager with no idea of the real value of a dollar would think.
>>
>>73051358
Turn it into 170 million
>>
File: 1365252950544.jpg (14KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1365252950544.jpg
14KB, 251x242px
>>73051604
It could be 100 bazillion garillion dollars.

How did that work out for Cobain, Winehouse, Tupac, Cornell etc.?>>73051633
>>
>>73051643
And that was a huge mistake because of one simple word.

Instrument
>>
>>73051657
>100 bazillion kagillion dazillion dollars in the grave
>>
>>73051738
Fuck off Schlomo

You fool no one
>>
>>73051666
I would obtain an obscene amount of money for no reason other than to board it until I have an even more obscene amount of money I could never possibly use?

>>73051657
No, I turned down a high paying job programming for some big company because I don't make my life choices based on money. I work in academic research for much less money and I'm glad.
>>
>>73051718
How did it work out for Sonic Youth? Every single one of them is still relevant to this day. All of Fugazi are hasbeens.
>>
>>73051752
Usury is usury.
>>
>>73051773
See you don't even know what I'm talking about. That thing could have been huge especially with Hollywood Jews. Atlantic would have been starving for return in investment and what better way than a summer blockbuster. Instead it went basically unnoticed.
>>
File: 0e9.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
0e9.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
>>73051792
You mean the divorced cheater currently attending Soros rallies and collaborating with a tranny no one ever heard of?
>>
File: 1495310753491.png (302KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
1495310753491.png
302KB, 785x757px
>>73051841
>worshiping money
>>
>>73051777

>No, I turned down a high paying job programming for some big company because I don't make my life choices based on money. I work in academic research for much less money and I'm glad.

How wonderful for you. That's a luxury the vast majority can't afford. Because money matters. It not mattering to you is irrelevant. You lack perspective.
>>
>>73051858
Yes Thurston has stayed musically relevant literally this entire time. But yeah stick to what you know. Tabloid gossip and political rags.
>>
>>73051871
This isn't even a relevant reply to me. But yeah great meme post.
>>
>>73051885
Fuck off Schlomo

You faggots aren't slick
>>
>>73051883
You don't need that much money to live off of. I live in a one bedroom, eat out a few times a week, splurge on things like fresh coffee, and still make plenty. I don't even know what I would do with the money were I making six figures, for instance. It's pointless once you're making enough to live on.
>>
>>73051909
Yes good goyim. Do not make more than you need. It's pointless yes.
>>
>>73051909

>lol I make lots of money. why don't people just also make lots of money?? that way they can just not care about money like me! trust me guys, money doesn't matter!!!
>>
>>73051957
t. Schlomo Rothschild
Hollywood, CA
>>
>>73051957
I make less than $20k a year, but okay.
>>
>>73051951
Fuck off nigga

'money' is the WEAKEST form of power
>>
>>73051990

and your parents make how much?
>>
>>73052008
And what is your list of all the different forms of power? Let's see a ranking.
>>
>>73052046
I don't know. They live on the other side of the country and we don't really talk much.
>>
>>73051909
>drinking the roasted jew
>>
>>73052052
Fugazi is proof you disgusting lowlife
>>
>>73052118
Are you even replying to the right post?
>>
File: download (1).jpg (7KB, 200x252px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
7KB, 200x252px
>>73052133
Fuck off.

The globalists offered how much $ to co-opt them? They spent how much $ trying to recreate them?

Fuck off with your 'money'
>>
>>73051841
Instrument by Martin Scorsese
>>
>>73052171
What are you talking about? No one spent anything.

And really there's nothing to imply Fugazibdidnt want the money. They just thought they could do it themselves. All hasbeens.
>>
>>73051841
They WERE huge w/o any dirty money.
>>
>>73052211
Fuck off with your nonsense you fake fucking Israeli faggot
>>
>>73052216
I'm specifically talking about Instrument

Oh yeah and the total bullshit meaningless demo they just released. Pure integrity. They don't need money. They just want to release an album 15 years after break up that basically sounds the same. Really a glorified greatest hits.
>>
Thurston's last album was pretty good desu
>>
>>73052242
Fuck off Schlomo
>>
>>73052245
The tranny soros one?

yeah, no.
>>
>>73052257
No, Fugazi wanted the money but they just thought Dischird could do it. Now literally all of them are irrevelevant hasbeens trying to MAKE MONEY off of 30 year old dusty practice tapes that sound basically the same as the album at best.
>>
File: l04he.jpg (27KB, 399x385px) Image search: [Google]
l04he.jpg
27KB, 399x385px
>>73052301
>35 years of ACTUAL real life reputation

v. Israeli shills on the internet
>>
>>73052301
Ah yes, the band so money hungry that they refused to sell merch.
>>
>>73052352
Nice meme post. Why didn't they just release it for free especially in the "digital age"? They didn't spend a nickel and just dig out a dusty tape and tried to sell it for $12 a pop.

Yeah exactly 35 years of real life experience that made them bet that they could do it themselves. Now they are all irrelevant hasbeens.
>>
>>73052383
Easy to do when you're successful. Kinda like refusing 17 million with full creative control. Now that they're all hasbeens it's time for the garage sale.
>>
>>73052398
Schlomo fuck off

You fool no one

Go shill Grizzly Bear ot St. Vincent or CIA Soundsystem.
>>
Lee ((((Ranaldo))))
>>
>>73052420
>17 garillion
>has beens

Hi JIDF
>>
>>73052383
Speaking of merch and integrity. Albinibsits that himself and sells basically plain black shirts for God knows how much. He's basically laughing as he does it. Yeah the guys a real saint.
>>
>>73052463
They are. Compared to Sonic Youth they are all literal failures now.
>>
>>73052472
Fuck off Schlomo

Seriously who do you think you're fooling?
>>
>>73052257
what the fuck is schlomo?
>>
>>73052484
Nigga fuck off

You dirty fuckers are disgusting

Go start another Grimes thread
>>
Redpill me on Sonic Youth and they relation with this schlomo guy
>>
>>73052491
I saw Shellac while you were probably in diapers.
>>
>>73048673
He'll produce your album then talk shit about you behind your back
>>
>>73052505
That's actually an embarrassing response if youre trying to defend them. Sad.
>>
>>73052493
It's you you litteral bitch-tier globalist grunt
>>
File: 1493086078460.png (94KB, 399x402px) Image search: [Google]
1493086078460.png
94KB, 399x402px
What the fuck is going on ITT?
>>
>>73052523
Wait wut are you serious? What are you talking about? I have my own specific theory about him doing exactly this.
>>
Fuck fugazi and fuck white people
>>
>>73051012
out of curiosity what is your favorite Sonic Youth album
>>
>>73052558
the shortest one
>>
>>73048168
>Songs About Fucking is a bad album too
it's not BAD it's just not as good as Atomizer
>and his vocals ruin Shellac
I'm actually kinda with you on this one... definitely inferior to Big Black or Rapeman in every way.
>>
>>73052536
Faggot corporate Jew shills are trying to attack people with DEEPLY established credibility.
>>
>>73052572
Good choice actually. That's the one with the guy from Ferris Buellers Day Off. "Relax. I'm a professional."
>>
>>73051883

You're an idiot and your argument is ridiculously transparent, you're smuggling in two definitions of money. Yes, having enough money to survive matters. It matters a fuckton. This is very distinct from having many millions of dollars, something which is not even vaguely necessary. It would be nice to have, sure, but you have to consider the cost of taking it. It's not always wise to just take the shiniest object in the room.

You sound pretty happy though so you probably have a great perspective on things. All the satisfied rich people I know spend all night arguing about the value of money on /mu/.
>>
>>73052585
>DEEPLY (((established))) credibility.
It's the corporate hacks that establish that "credibility" through marketing.
>>
>>73052759
Fuck the fuck off

Nearly 40 years, in the hood, for real

You can knock on Discord's front door if you have any questions.
>>
>>73052801
$10 for a guided tour and a pic with Ian
>>
Holy crap they're finally re-releasing Regulator Watts. Now that's my kinda garage sale.
>>
>>73047764
GUARANTEED RE-PIES
>>
>>73052854
kek, you even suck at slander.

go make a Grizzly Bear or Joanna Newsom thread,
>>
>>73052898
Yeah right, what else do they have to do?

Karaoke with Joe for an extra $20
>>
>>73052924
go start a Grimes thread. Or Chance the Rapper. Or Speedy Ortiz. Or Kendrick Lamar. Or Swans.

Or any other of your fake ass (((acts)))
>>
>>73052956
Damn.
>>
>>73052978
it's the truth
>>
>>73052998
Better luck next time.
>>
>>73052898
>>73052956
>go start an X thread

Damn, that is some top tier slander bro. You totally rekt him.
>>
File: 001.jpg (48KB, 600x467px) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
48KB, 600x467px
>>73047871

>nirvana not mainstream

"Smells Like Teen Spirit" in late 1991 propelled Nevermind to the top of the charts at the start of 1992, an event often marked as the point where alternative rock entered the mainstream.[1] "Smells Like Teen Spirit" was Nirvana's biggest hit, reaching number six on the Billboard Hot 100 and placing high on music industry charts all around the world in 1991 and 1992.

"Smells Like Teen Spirit" received many critical plaudits, including topping the Village Voice Pazz & Jop critics' poll and winning two MTV Video Music Awards for its music video, which was in heavy rotation on music television. The song was dubbed an "anthem for apathetic kids" of Generation X,[
>>
Albini is the living embodiment of /mu/ we all know he secretly loves grimes.
>>
none of the recordings he's 'engineered' on sound remarkable or noteworthy in anyway. he's not a producer and has no creative input on those classic pleb tier albums that you all love
>>
>>73047850
http://www.lettersofnote.com/2013/09/ill-rap-your-head-with-ratchet.html

why do we hate him again?
>>
File: Bent Trent 4.jpg (448KB, 1032x1452px) Image search: [Google]
Bent Trent 4.jpg
448KB, 1032x1452px
>>
>>73054034
this
Thread posts: 219
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.