[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anybody going to the AnCo show in Toronto tonight? the subways

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: motw.jpg (2MB, 1181x1181px) Image search: [Google]
motw.jpg
2MB, 1181x1181px
anybody going to the AnCo show in Toronto tonight? the subways are apparently closed today which is fucking annoying
>>
>>73038217
if you're excited to hear pic related don't be, they're not playing any meeting of the waters this tour which is quite stupid imo
>>
>>73038535
It's understandable considering motw is without panda
>>
>>73038596
that's an excuse, sure, but not a particularly good one. Animal Collective have always totally recreated their songs in the process of live performance, I don't think it'd be that hard for panda to contribute some harmonies to man of oil
>>
>>73038596
also, the tracklist for Avey's new album kinda confirms that Selection of a Place is a solo song by him
>>
>>73038727
>tracklist for Avey's new album
excuse me?
>>
>>73038799
http://imgur.com/a/BQpk1
>>
>>73038676
dumb post
this release in too conceptual to be played in their current setlist
>>
>>73039811
dump post
Spirit is a "conceptual" release, didn't stop them from playing Alvin Row in the middle of a setlist dominated by songs from Painting With
>>
>>73039944
They won't be playing Meeting of the Waters because

1) The style and sound of it goes completely against the entire aesthetic and vibe of their live show

2) It's brand new and was recorded by Geo and Avey.

3) They're already playing songs from Sung Tongs revamped to fit the more high energy stylings of Painting With.

They aren't going to change the fresh and brand new sound of Meeting of the Waters because there's no reason to.
>>
thy're playing pride and fight and taste

see yll there <
>>
File: 1473394978165.jpg (1MB, 3077x3898px) Image search: [Google]
1473394978165.jpg
1MB, 3077x3898px
>>73040106
A quote from Avey, in response to chanting from the crowd at the New York show:
"I'd be a hypocrite if I said I couldn't play "Man of Oil" because it was written for acoustic guitar. This next song was too." They proceeded to play Kids on Holiday.

The actual actual actual reason is that they work very hard on their live shows, and have not prepared a live version of any of those tracks. It's as simple as that.

Was a great show, by the by. Good tour.
>>
Campfire songs or Meeting of the waters?
>>
>>73042711
Campfire Songs > Meeting of the Waters

Meeting of the Waters is still fan-fucking-tastic though.
>>
>>73038217
amazing show, i was at their last one in new haven. was disappointed about no man of oil though
>>
>>73039944
>didn't stop them from playing Alvin Row in the middle of a setlist dominated by songs from Painting With
it kinda did, they only played like 1/3 of it, shattering the whole transition
also on that note, april & the phantom live fucking when
>>
>>73042711
eh, MOTW is tighter and gets its point across in a quicker yet still developed way, so Id say that I guess
>>
>>73045366
campfire songs is drawn out, but it's meditative and the length works with the whole porch-mythos thing imo
I haven't spent long with motw though, and I bawled my fucking eyes out to doggy a few times, so I can't really say
>>
I'm going to the show lads.. excited, nervous, feelin autistic ... Anyone wanna meet up?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.