[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know 'help me find this song' threads are frowned

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

I know 'help me find this song' threads are frowned upon, but I'm trying to help my mom find a song.

She was recently hospitalized and suffered several traumatic experiences while being treated. Listening to the radio is one of the only things she had to cling to to survive... They played a Boards of Canada song, something mellow with a woman's voice in the background throughout. Not too much percussion, a relaxing piece. I've skipped through a bunch of their albums and songs but I can't find it.

My mom is a sweet woman and she's suffered a lot, I don't know how long I'll have her around but I want to buy her the CD. If I can't find an answer here I'll listen through all their albums myself but I wanted to try and see if it sounded familiar to anyone here.

Also I love the idea of getting my mom into /mu/sic, she's usually too sick to do anything but watch tv or listen to music. So feel free to add any recommendation you think a 55 year old woman would like.
>>
File: Geogaddi.jpg (106KB, 872x800px) Image search: [Google]
Geogaddi.jpg
106KB, 872x800px
>>73027622
The Devil is in the Details?
>>
>shitty request threads are now so commonplace that they come with their own shitty sob stories
>>
>>73027653
I'm sorry. Listen, I'm desperate. Anyone that finds the song can choose an album that costs around 10 bucks and I'll buy and post it up for everyone to have.

So from here on out, please post what album you'd like with your suggestion!

>>73027651
She said no, she said it was mainly a woman's (but could have been androgynous dude I guess) voice
>>
>>73027718
Damn, I thought TDIITD fit your description perfectly
Split Your Infinities?
Color of the Fire?
One Very Important Thought?
>>
Aquarius?
Gyroscope?
Dawn chorus?
>>
>>73027776
Not those but definitely closer!
I have a feeling it's on this album so I'm going through it again now...

She was kind of delirious while listening so hopefully she can recognize it.

Also remember to post the album you want! I'll go up to 15 dollars, preferably something you can't easily obtain otherwise (something not already on piratebay or whatever)
>>
>>73027869
good luck man
>>
you're a good son, good luck
>>
I wouldn't worry about posting anything they made on here, literally all of it has been put up somewhere before
Good luck though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAkgUeJDgQ8
>>
>>73027880
>>73027915
Thanks guys, I appreciate the help. Didn't find it yet and she had to go lie down so I'll continue the search tomorrow or call the hospital lol. Funny to hear her try and describe the music: "No, that's not it. No orcas"

Polite sage, guess I'll start listening to BOC tonight lol...
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVWcptE6UAI
>>
>>73027979
ooh ooh I forgot about this song I hope this is it
>>
Happy Cycling? Skip to the middle, the voice doesn't come in until later in the song
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.