[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to buy the cheapest microphone that will fit into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Scarlet2i2G2-large.jpg (76KB, 750x367px) Image search: [Google]
Scarlet2i2G2-large.jpg
76KB, 750x367px
I want to buy the cheapest microphone that will fit into the front of this.
>>
What is that kind of port even called?
>>
>>73024682
Probably a hybrid xlr and 1/4 inch jack.

It means you can plug a mic or a regular guitar cable in.
>>
>>73024787
I c.

Well that should be easy to search for

Is one better than the other?
>>
>>73024682
It's a combo XLR/TRS jack - so you can use either source. Mics always use XLR. Most instruments with a line-out use TRS.

You can find mics with an XLR interface for as little 15 bucks if you want a really cheap piece of shit.
>>
>>73024526
Try to buy a used mic from a music store. I got one for $20 that records just fine.
>>
>>73024830
>Is one better than the other?
One is balanced, one is unbalanced. If you don't know what that means, you probably should consider taking a class or something.
>>
>>73024850
Anything is going to be better than my webcam mic.
>>
File: IMG_6226.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6226.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>73024526
You need to do more research before dropping on music equipment.
>>73024787 is right

That's a FocusRite 2i2 and it takes 1/4 inch cables and standard mic cables, which plug into almost ANY microphone.

The type of mic all depends on what you're trying to record, i.e. you will want a different mic to record drums as opposed to vocals.
as for the type, you have to do research. Familiarize yourself with common microphone info (i.e. cardiod vs. hypercardiod vs. condenser)
It will make buying and using mics much easier in the long run
>>
>>73024944
DESU all im doing is upgrading my webcam mic, so voice only, and i don't record so it can be very cheap. I think the form factor is the most important element ie stands nicely by itself and isnt too big.
>>
>>73024993
Should have just bought a USB mic if that's all you need it for. Blue Yeti makes a decent one.
>>
>>73025147
I want to justify having a focusrite with no intentions of recording
>>
>>73025442
You can use it as an external sound card and use it with better speakers if you never record with it.
>>
>>73025480
I do that, but I want something to plug into the front of it, and I wouldn't mind upgrading my mic...
>>
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Behringer-C-4-Condenser-Wired-XLR-Professional-Microphone-/182550713002?hash=item2a80ded2aa:g:CSsAAOSwrhBZA6cx

What's a Condenser?
>>
>>73025652
http://www.neumann.com/homestudio/en/what-is-a-condenser-microphone
>>
>>73024526
If you're just doing vocals, get a condenser microphone. There are tons that you can get for super cheap used. Just look around on ebay or reverb.com. If you are willing to spend a little more for better quality, look for a used Audio Technica at2020.
>>
>>73025652
A condenser is basically just a mic sensitive to loud noises that are good for vocals. They just have that sound.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.