[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the electronic music that kids these days listen to at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_20170527_144613.jpg (83KB, 720x791px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170527_144613.jpg
83KB, 720x791px
Why is the electronic music that kids these days listen to at parties so degenerate? It's litterally one stupidly simple beat with a bass drop after 40 seconds. Not to be snobby, i have nothing against electronic music or even edm in general, but this stuff i hear around makes want to kill myself. Do you need to be retarded to enjoy it? High on ecstasy? What's the deal?
>>
simplicity is degenerate?
>>
>>73017264
Not everything you dislike is "degenerate"
>>
>>73017264
Because it's the type of popular dance music made to sell, it was made to entertain half-drunk people at parties who don't listen to music active anyway.
Shit like this always existed, like disco
We're just living in the age where making music in a DAW is the cheapest way to produce entertaining material.
A band consumes a lot of money, because studio time, probably a producer and a sound engineer. A kid like Martin Garrix only needs a laptop and a DAW. As a label you don't have much to do besides releasing his albums and promoting him. Easy money
>>
>>73018026
Motherfucker if you think making music in a daw is that easy, pick up fl studio and follow the thread.

I bet you can't write a fucking progression in C major without struggling.

Because music no matter how it's made is not super easy to make. Music is extremely hard to make.
>>
File: 2017-05-26-23-58-02--447354603.jpg (6KB, 208x165px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-26-23-58-02--447354603.jpg
6KB, 208x165px
>>73019467
>music is extremely hard to make
OH MY FUCKING GOD
>Uses C Major Progression as a challenge
My nine year old nephew writes songs that are more complex than using a C Major progression
>>
>>73019914
I'm giving someone who's got no clue on how to make music the easiest scale to work with.

Shit if he can deliver even a clyp it I'll be maybe impressed but he just seems like a music defener
>>
>>73019467
>I bet you can't write a fucking progression in C major without struggling.
anon I have bad news, if you can't write a c maj progression (not as if key has anything to do with the progression, btw) then you are literally retarded
>>
>>73020244
But calling music extremely hard to make actually makes me chuckle. Most people with basic understandings of music theory and a base knowledge of popular music can make at least a decent sounding rock song.
>>
>>73019467
I said it's cheap, not easy
But now that you say it really is easy to make music in FL Studio. Even beats that sell.
breakcore: https://clyp.it/xuypzx1h
boom bap: https://clyp.it/4vl2lqvb
cloud trap: https://clyp.it/mztnszge
>>
YOU DONT UNDERSTAN OLD MAN THIS IS THE MUSIC OF MY GENRASHION, SXRILLIX INVENTED DUBSTEP REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>73020244
see: >>73020486
>>
File: images.jpg (2KB, 99x99px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
2KB, 99x99px
>>73019467
>Using fl studio
>C major progression
>Extremely hard to make
>>
Why is the rock music that kids these days listen to in their rooms alone so degenerate? It's literally one stupidly simple chord with a old guy moaning for 2 hours. Not to be snobby, i have nothing against experimental music or even post-rock in general, but this stuff i hear around makes want to kill myself. Do you need to be retarded to enjoy it? High on ecstasy? What's the deal?
>>
>>73020659
wtf I hate Swans now
>>
>>73017630
>>73017661
>>
>>73020659
Why is the baroque music that kids these days listen to in their music halls so degenerate? It's literally some stupidly simple theme-subtheme-development-reprise sequence within 1 key with a bunch of fancy-ass dressed guys screeching on their violinz for 2 hours. Not to be snobby, i have nothing against experimental music or even post-Renaissance in general, but this stuff i hear around makes want to kill myself. Do you need to be retarded to enjoy it? High on opium? What's the deal?
>>
>>73020959
Wait, baroque is supposed to be overly-complicated and pretentious what are you talking about.
>>
>>73017264
Looking like that pyrokinetic dude from season 1 of the X-Files
>>
>>73017630
Those people are not listening to minimalist classical or ambient music at home. "Simplicity" has merits, but we all know what EDM is.
>>
>>73020959
>>73021006
Good job on seriously replying to pasta.
>>
>>73020244
>the easiest scale to work with
This is wrong on so many levels.
>>
>>73021141
I know it's pasta, but even jokes need some truth in them to be funny.
>>
>>73019467
You sure set the bar dude. If you consider working with FL and progressions extremely hard I pity you.
The only thing hard in making music is making outstandingly good music
>>
>>73020244
>I'm giving someone who's got no clue on how to make music
And you say this becase he said it's simple to use DAWs
Who hurt you? Your XY type beats don't sell?
>>
>>73017264
Because everyone has short attention spans need constant stimulation now. It gets progressively worse every couple of years. My normie friends get bored of a song and change it after the first chorus. They can only listen to a full song if it has a drop every 30 seconds. Also the production has to be brickwalled.
>>
>>73020659

>ecstacy

>rock music
>>
>>73020959
>>73020659
New pasta, noice
>>
>>73019467
Motherfucker if you think riding a bike is that easy, buy a push bike and follow the thread.

I bet you can't go a metre with a tricycle without struggling

Because pedaling a bike no matter what your technique is, is not super easy to do. Bicycles are extremely hard to use.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.