[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what did he mean by this? "I'm just playing, baby,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: gorillaz-humanz.jpg (123KB, 1160x1160px) Image search: [Google]
gorillaz-humanz.jpg
123KB, 1160x1160px
what did he mean by this?

"I'm just playing, baby, this the land of the free
Where you can get a Glock and a gram for the cheap
Where you can live your dreams long as you don't look like me
Be a puppet on a string, hanging from a fucking tree"
>>
File: null_zps93abc3d5.jpg (46KB, 500x343px) Image search: [Google]
null_zps93abc3d5.jpg
46KB, 500x343px
Wow, you just gave me an idea, wait about 18 months.

You'll know when it's finished.
>>
LOLDRUMPFAMIRITE
>>
>>73016579
Breaking down, two meanings perhaps?

I'm just playing, baby, this the land of the free
Where you can live your dreams long as you
Be a puppet on a string,
>>
File: Screenshot_20170527-075820.png (683KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170527-075820.png
683KB, 1080x1920px
That's cool and all, but what did John mean by this?
>>
>>73016579
He's saying how "hard" it is to be black in the USA

"Where you can live your dream as long as you don't look like me"

Saying that only non-blacks can get their dreams

"Be a puppet on a string, hanging from a fucking tree."

This is most likely a reference to lynching since it was common to string up the victim onto a tree, also supporting the whole "hard to be black" message.

Also this album sucks, that's all I have to say.
>>
>>73016579
I think it's pretty fucking blatant, don't you?
>>
>>73016579
>"I'm just playing, baby, this the land of the free
America
>Where you can get a Glock and a gram for the cheap
Guns and weed are cheap
>Where you can live your dreams long as you don't look like me
You can live your dreams as long as you're not a young black
>Be a puppet on a string, hanging from a fucking tree"
something about lynching probably
>>
>Black people can't be successful wahhh
>Who is Michael Jackson
>Who is Prince
>Who is Denzel Washington
>Who is James Brown
>Who is Jimi Hendrix
>Who is Miles Davis
>Who is Montell Williams
>Who is Forest Whitaker
>Who is Eddie Murphy
>Who is Tracy Morgan
>Who is Flava Flav
>Who is Tyra Banks
>Who is Oprah Winfrey
>Who is Lil Wayne
>Who is Michael Jordan
>Who is Shaquille O'Neal
>Who is Kobe Bryant
>Who is Neil Degrasse Tyson
>Who is Martin Lawrence
>Who is Will Smith
>>
>>73018014
For a fucking racist you sure know a lot of black people. Kill yourself, scum.
>>
>>73018046
It's racist to say that black people can be successful if they try?

Lol k.
>>
>>73018014
Those are all blacks who became successful by entertaining white audiences. By that logic, black minstrel performers from the early 1900s were also highly successful. In academia, and in the workforce, blacks must work twice as hard to attain the same success as their white peers.
>>
>>73016579
"I'm a stupid nigger i can't go a single day without comitting a crime, i still din du nuffin"
>>
>>73016579
he's saying that black people are stuck in the world of gangs (glock) and drugs (gram) and then claiming that you can't live your dreams as a black man. in the next line he's saying that those who just give in to white people (puppet on a string) end up getting lynched.

stupid message, but this is the only hook i like on the album.
>>
I unironically love Submission, Charger and Busted And Blue. The rest of the album just doesn't do much for me though. It's fine background music, but not much else.
>>
>>73019573
Because most outliers in the black community, particularly in the sciences, are not outliers in the white community. NASA figured this out in the 1970s. If you want fairness then people should be allowed to compete with people of similar backgrounds. Try getting a job as a programmer in South Korea as a white man. It's the same concept. Homogeneity works.
>>
>>73016579
Vince is talking about how most poor black people in America aren't able live their dreams because of racism and systematic oppression, and how they're forced to become gang bangers and drug dealers in order to get by.
The line about puppets on strings is an obvious reference to lynching.
>>
>>73018014
>michael jackson
>black
;)
>>
>>73019573
>Neil Degrasse Tyson
>Entertaining white audiences

How about stop treating yourself like a victim and for once actually try?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.