[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone ever fallen off so hard in such a short space of time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

Has anyone ever fallen off so hard in such a short space of time before? Kendrick went from arguably the best contemporary hiphop album to this absolute dreck.

Chance the Rapper has had a similar drop off. His new album was trash.
>>
Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
>>
This album was pretty fucking great.
Who cares about artists "falling off", it's all fiction of our minds. Even if, how exactly did Lamar fall off? I don't know about Chance the Rapper because I haven't listened to his discography thoroughly.
>>
>>73015969
Excuse me
>>
>>73015969
My post made perfect sense.

>>73015979
In the sense that he went from making the best contemporary hiphop album to this absolute shimmering turd, which barely sets out to rival the trash that Future, etc. pump out.
>>
>>73016002
I couldn't agree more. His last two LPs were the reason why old heads endorsed him (i.e "pass the torch"). DAMN has done nothing but compare himself to shitty rappers like Drake and Future.

>YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE
>>
>>73016002
I don't see what the problem is, this is a refreshing album. How is he going to reproduce TPAB again? If this is a shimmering turd I wonder what a regular turd for Lamar is.
As for Future it doesn't matter because they are both in their own rap lanes. It's not about popularity, Future is pumping out two albums this year so far. It's about quality over quantity.
>>
>>73016047
>DAMN has done nothing but compare himself to shitty rappers like Drake and Future.
How, exactly?
>>
Because, you fucking dunce, thats the way the music business is. Kanye, bob dylan, kendrick, all these great artists have a tipping point.

you can't expect them to produce the same excellent work that got you to listen to them in the first place forever. They have to re-invent themselves or else they get boring. this may pull a new fanbase and alienate the old one.

I loved section 80, gcmcm even tpab. but i agree this new album is ass
>>
>>73016085
Right? I don't see it that way.
I feel that DAMN. actually showed us that kendrick can do those styles better than most of his contemporaries and also come off as authentic.
>>
also, like the artists i mentioned + many others [ eminem " i'm not gonna be able to top 'my name is'", jay -z " niggas want my old shit, buy my old albums", bob dylan and his constant transformations] k.dot just has to move on from his old shit. whether we like it or not. he's wack af now desu
>>
>>73016085
Songs are radio friendly and made for simpletons like you to enjoy
>being this retarded

Only song I respect is DUCKWORTH.
>PRAISE 9th Wonder
>>
It was impossible after TPAB, and expected. You can't top the rap album of the decade.
He's gonna dumb it down now come out with a fre mediocre records then drop another near masterpiece to end his career
>>
>>73015937
The way I look at it is this. Kendrick already did his art and proved himself with his previous work. With this he's showing that he can take what the most "normie" rappers do and make hits while still being lyrical as hell and doing it better than any of them.

He proved himself with GKMC and TPAB but solidified himself with this
>>
>>73016119
He still is himself with his lyricism. I guess it's because he has like two poppy hits? People can't say he's never done that before because look at TPAB with King Kunta, Alright, and i. And even GKMC had radio hits.
>>
>>73016136
>Songs are radio friendly and made for simpletons like you to enjoy
Which ones then, my fellow simpleton? :^)
>Only song I respect is DUCKWORTH.
Terrible and sad!
>>
Id have to say outkast dropped quite a bit harder, pretty sad too when yoy consider where they came from
>>
>>73016193
But that was over a longer period. Idlewild was a movie album.

Speakerboxx/The Love Below was more experimental sure, but Speakerboxx was Souther Rap and The Love Below was Jazz. It's literally where they started. They came full circle.

Big Boi's solo stuff is excellent too. I really enjoyed seeing Outkast live and I'd happily go again.
>>
>>73015979
>He didn't fall off
>It was all just in your heads

Shills are starting to scare me
>>
>>73016464
Stay scared bitch.
You are one spooked faggot.
I can respect that someone dislikes the album because of x reason(s) but not,
>Ummm Kendrick Lamar fell off because circlejerkers on a Vietnamese spearfishing board said so
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.