[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When will normies understand that people have different music

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

When will normies understand that people have different music tastes and quick shitting on other people because of the music they like to listen to.

>listens to Mac DeMarco
>"who the fuck listens to country music anon, that's trash"
>exclusively listens to rap.

When /mu/?
>>
Why are you asking the board that is the most guilty of doing this?
>>
Actually Mac is Post Avant Garde european smoker-core mind you
>>
>>73015301
>Post Avant Garde european smoker-core
what
>>
You got it backwards.
Normies think that music taste is completely contextual so everyone should respect all music tastes.

People who actually like music recognize that every genre isnt good nor bad but music can be completely shit and you can judge the fuck out of people who like that.

Its a sort of "great minds think alike".
For some reason is more accepted to think like this about books/cinema.
Sure you can like a variety of book genres but there ARE good books and bad ones and everyone should agree on that.

Maybe music is still behind on that development because muh expressionism and "art is different for everyone who experiments it".
>>
>>73015322
You heard me
>>
>>73015331
this
>>
>>73015331

I would say that almost nobody here actually does this. I always kinda feel left out because of that. Almost all of it is subjective shitflinging.
>>
>>73015331
Nope, normalfags think just like you. It's really funny because what they consider shit and masterpiece are pretty similar (due to their limited musical knowledge of mainstream rock and pop artists). They have big ego for no reason. At least you're an elitist asshole for a reason (I assume you listened to lot of music). Still, it's a bad thing because in the long run, subjective factor is the most important. And you're a fool for judging people based on such loose criterium as music taste.
>>
>>73015331
>Sure you can like a variety of book genres but there ARE good books and bad ones and everyone should agree on that.
You do realize that everyone has a different approach to art in general right?
You might find a book/album to be utter garbage when someone else finds some redeeming qualities in the said book/album
Doesn't make you right and him wrong, and vice versa.
>>
>>73015092
jkjkjkj
>>
>>73015331
So how can you say a song is bad or good?

What qualities make it good or bad?

I'm not being a dick, I'm genuinely curious as to how we measure it
>>
>>73015092
>giving two shits about what hipsters or wiggers think
>>
cuntry sucks
rap is crap
rock sucks cock
classical more like assical
>>
>>73016842
>Doesn't make you right and him wrong, and vice versa.
Yeah, but if someone dismisses Don Quixote and claims that Harry Potter is the greatest book ever written, there's basis to think that person is an idiot.

Like yeah, there's those books like American Psycho where some people like it and some don't and neither are technically wrong, but to say that it's completely subjective what art is good/bad is just silly.
>>
>>73019082
what about jazz?
>>
>>73019357
jazz, more like j-ass
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (82KB, 1045x1045px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
82KB, 1045x1045px
>>73015331
music taste is superficial

you shouldn't care about any music tastes
while you may be listening to music that is technically better, the fact that view things in such a perspective is autistic
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.