[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we all agree on the fact that this is a disapointing album.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: slowdive.jpg (59KB, 1134x1134px) Image search: [Google]
slowdive.jpg
59KB, 1134x1134px
Can we all agree on the fact that this is a disapointing album. It doesn't have the things that made Slowdive what they were in 90s. Things like walls of sounds with angelic guitar tones, the sublime songs flirting with ambiance and heavenly songs that are timeless.

It has conventional indie songs with heavy guitars and lazy vocals. This is the kind of album that Raveonettes or any other post-millennial dream pop acts would release but not our beloved Slowdive.
>>
>>72997076
>Self title
>23 or so years
>Music equipment evolved
>Expecting 90's shoegaze which was their biggest fault
>Souvlaki didn't do well with critics in the 90's
>Thinking another Souvlaki would be good
Atleast they didn't pull a Linkin Park and completely changed everything about them
>>
It's a 4
>>
>>72997076
Raveonettes are better than this shit
>>
>>72997076
Fuck it, it's a 5.
>>
2/5
>>
>>72997418

You think it is a bait thread because you are a peasant who can't make up his own ideas nor accept the fact that different opinions from him can co-exist. This is one of the worst comeback albums ever as a lifelong Slowdive fan I can't believe the hype around this medicore record.
>>
>>72997435
I would seriously see a doctor if I were you.
>>
>>72997443

>calling other people's ideas about an album a bait
>advises them to go see a doctor

You are the one having a delusion here mate. Learn to accept different criticism next time.
>>
>>72997435
dude i'm pretty sure he was rating the album
>>
>>72997467

If so I am sorry and I apologize to him. But if he was trying to imply that I made a bait thread he is a shithead. Nothing in my post was bait. It was a legit criticism.
>>
>>72997461
Oh so you're not seeing a doctor. I'm not kidding. I would very seriously consider seeing a doctor. At the very minimum talk to a counselor.
>>
>>72997076
>Things like walls of sounds with angelic guitar tones, the sublime songs flirting with ambiance and heavenly songs that are timeless.
But it has exactly that.
>>
>>72997313
>>Expecting 90's shoegaze which was their biggest fault
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>72997435
>>72997461
>>72997481
What's his fucking problem?
>>
>>72997355
Holy shit
>>
>>72998182
It would take a scientist to explain it.
>>
File: IMG_6299.jpg (13KB, 125x117px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6299.jpg
13KB, 125x117px
light 4
>>
File: IMG_2683.png (336KB, 400x527px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2683.png
336KB, 400x527px
Old slowdive fan here. I was able to see them after 22 years of thinking it would never happen. Sat next to Davy Havok at the aces show. And shroomed out at FYF fest.. I'm hopping to see them again, just not at FYF fest..
>>
>>72997076
I'm happy with what we got. 4/5 is pretty damn good for a comeback album these days. It's nice to get some closure on the band too instead of remembering them as the band that broke up while building their best album.
>>
>>72998150
No Longer Making Time is kind of When the Sun Hits-like song with the huge wall of sound chorus. A lot of the album "flirts with ambiance" - Slomo is one the most beautiful songs they've done.
>>
Nah, it exceeded my expectations - and live the wall of sound was still there. It's the logical progression for Slowdive; if they sound like other shoegaze bands, it only goes to show how influential they were.
You just have shit taste
>>
>>72999452
If 4/5 is "pretty damn" good then you need to recalibrate. Do you have like 5 different ratings to describe different levels of literal shit?
>>
>>72998824
I'LL KILL YOU FANTANO YOU BALD HEADED CUNT
>>
>>72999677
Why are you so unwilling to accept that your tastes are actually terrible? You seem fixated on insisting that anyone who may enjoy the album is in the wrong.
>>
>>72997435
it is bait though... it's a copypasta..
>>
>>72999728
That's not what I implied at all which I feel was pretty clear. So you jump from 4/5 pretty damn good to 5/5 classic masterpiece? What's 3/5? Just good? So 0.5, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5 are all reserved to describe different degrees of bad?
>>
>>73000642
not him but you are a pedantic douche. does trying to irritate people over the internet really bring you that much joy and humor?

all i can imagine is you sitting at your desk right now hating your life and how miserable you are just trying to distract yourself by being a fake asshole on a music website.
>>
File: 1490712667120.jpg (533KB, 670x893px) Image search: [Google]
1490712667120.jpg
533KB, 670x893px
>can we all agree
>>
>>73000705
Holy fucking irony
>>
I don't think it's just that school got out. I think schools for disturbed youth just got out. Seriously I think we have an incoming of highly disturbed kids coming our way. Brace for impact.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.