[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the hell is the appeal of this? I genuinely like art punk/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Half_Gentlemen-Not_Beasts.jpg (53KB, 404x395px) Image search: [Google]
Half_Gentlemen-Not_Beasts.jpg
53KB, 404x395px
What the hell is the appeal of this? I genuinely like art punk/ post punk music, This Heat and Swell Maps are two of my favorite bands, but this is just fucking grating. There's no substance here, just some twats poorly playing their instruments and making disgusting sounds into the microphone. Go ahead and call me a pleb, I bet none of you can actually explain why this is "good".
>>
maybe you're just a bitch
>>
>>72988971
Oh, I never looked at it from that perspective
>>
spork
>>
File: 1495414550977.jpg (79KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1495414550977.jpg
79KB, 600x800px
You just don't get it
>>
>>72988840
It's just very interesting. It completely abandons attempts to be rational or appealing and so sounds so different. If that doesn't interest you then this album probably wont. It deconstructs and mocks conventional rock with most of it's songs, specifically it's cover of tangled up in blue. Apart from that songs like 'Ta Sheri Ta Ta' are just really good songs.

You either like this album or you don't. Some people claim that it's a grower but I loved it on first listen. There's no pleb or patrician about it so don't listen to anyone who tells you that
>>
>>72988840
There's actually a lot of unconventional melody within the music. It's interesting, though I don't know if I could listen to the whole thing in one go.
>>
>>72989112
>>72989101
>>72988971
>guys it's art post-modern deconstruction of rock lmao you just don't get it brainlet

Maybe it's just shit guys?
I don't care about the concept or pseudo-intellectual wankery I just want good music at the end of the day and this isn't it. No melodies, no songcraft, just fucking around. My autistic baby cousin strumming my out of tune guitar and making bababagoogoo noises sounds like this, maybe even better.
>>
>>72989148
Since when did I say that you'd be a brainlet for not liking it?

I specifically said "here's no pleb or patrician about it so don't listen to anyone who tells you that"
>>
File: you.jpg (132KB, 700x544px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
132KB, 700x544px
>>72988840
It's garage rock, pure and simple. You are the one who is over-analyzing it, and you don't even want to see other views, at that. You just want to feel superior by painting everyone else who likes this as pretentious pseudo-intellectuals who can't enjoy music while you, the enlightened one, is over here proving us wrong with examples that are totally true and not projection or hyperbole in the slightest. Thank fucking god for saviours like you who save people from actually enjoying things.
>>
>>72989685
Yah its not because its genuienly grating and unpleasent to listen to, its cause im contrarian
>>
>>72988840
It's fun
>>
>>72989148
you sound like a bitch
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.