[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so which band is responsible for shit by the numbers post-rock,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1491617306950.png (2MB, 1064x983px) Image search: [Google]
1491617306950.png
2MB, 1064x983px
so which band is responsible for shit by the numbers post-rock, mogwai or godspeed you?
>>
both
>>
>>72985926
Godspeed for making LYSF. I love that album, but it's the template for paint by numbers post rock
>>
I'm surprised there aren't more post rock bands inspired by sigur ros with long ambient parts sung in nonsensical language
>>
Mogwai started it but Godspeed made it popular
>>
Mogwai is great and they are pretty original, hardly paint by numbers. And they dont have a single crescendocore song.
>>
>>72986048
that's not what he's asking
>>
>>72986122
my post should have made it pretty clear who is responsible.
>>
>>72986048
>they dont have a single crescendocore song
Half tracks on Young Team are
>>
>>72985926
Sigur Ros
>>
>>72986136
it doesn't. you're just saying Mogwai is better than GYBE.
>>
>>72986048
they don't have to be bad or unoriginal themselves, but they still could have influenced trash
>>
>>72985980
But it also has a lot of elements which are cut from later crescendo-core album. The ending of Storm, almost the entire Static, almost all of Antennas to Heaven.
I'd say Young Team was much more of a template.
What really created by the numbers was Explosions in the sky and Mono.
>>
>>72986048
I love Mogwai, but New Paths to Helicon 1 is crescendocore imo

Also the Zidane biopic soundtrack is underrated

I think neither GY!BE or Mogwai deserve such a bad label, however I'd lean to Mogwai if you absolutely twisted my arm
>>
>>72986166
i said mogwai isnt post rock by numbers so they clearly cant be responsible for it. i cant believe that flew right above your head
>>
>>72986162
Sigur Ros is neither post-rock, nor to blame for crescendocore.
>>
File: this-will-destroy-you.jpg (299KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
this-will-destroy-you.jpg
299KB, 1000x1000px
>>72986195
sadly this is true. Mogwai led to Explosions and Mono, who both have some good material, but they in turn spawned hundreds of second rate clones. Whereas I don't think anyone sounds that similar to Godspeed, if anything the next closest band that they at least influenced are Do Make Say Think, who are great.

What does /mu/ think of pic related?
>>
>>72986332
i rate 3 legged workhorse a 7.5/10
>>
>>72986291
>mogwai isnt post rock
you didn't say that but now that you did I know that you're retarded
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.