[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So somehow I've never actually given Aphex Twin a proper

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: aphex twin.png (20KB, 745x745px) Image search: [Google]
aphex twin.png
20KB, 745x745px
So somehow I've never actually given Aphex Twin a proper listen, despite listening to a host of different ambient, electronic and experimental music.

Where do I start? With pic related?
>>
>>72983108
Don't even bother. If you're already into electronic music and ambient there's no reason to listen to it.
>>
>>72983108
Listen to all of the studio albums under the Aphex Twin name in chronological order
>>
Yeah. If you like it and you like SAW 2, and if you like the Richard D James album you should just listen to everything, chronologically or no. Um, some of his singles are his most significant releases though, so don't wait to get to Windowlicker or the Come to Daddy EP or Donkey Rhubarb because they're not full-length. Listen to everything.
>>
>>72983155
>>
>>72983125
Why do you say this anon, because Aphex Twin is bad? Or do you think should just be used as a gateway?
>>
>>72983125
fpbp
>>
>>72983108
Yes. That's his most melodic and best album. Then try Richard D. James, I Care Because You Do, Come To Daddy EP, Windowlicker, Selected Ambient Works Part II, Syro, Drukqs and the rest. Don't forget about his other projects such as Polygon Window.
>>
>>72983184
He's not bad, he's just mediocre. And yes, he's basically a gateway so there's no need for OP to listen to him.
>>
>>72983108
at the beginning, obviously
>>
>>72983216
I agree with this and his music is an excuse for most IDM listeners to seem cultured, because he did made some of that ambient music.
>>
>"that sound" that he kinda popularized in the 90s that can also be heard in practically every 90s electronic music record ranging from Homogenic to Kid A
SAW 85-92, Syro

>Actually ambient music
SAW 2

>Crazy percussion parts
RDJ album, Drukqs

>The closest thing to something that sounds stereotypical "experimental"
I Care Because You Do

>popular single tracks
Flim, Come To Daddy, Windowlicker
>>
>>72983216
>gateway
Only if you're an EDM /bleep/tard.
>>
Thanks for the responses lads. I'll probably give his discography a run through chronologically just so I can confirm for myself, but I'm not expecting anything too magical.
>>
>>72983297
i don't visit /bleep/ and i don't listen to """edm""" kind of electronic music at all
nice try though
>>
>>72983370
his music is actually magical. you can tell he was an inspiration for grimes.

just wait until xtal starts unfolding its beauty...
>>
Listen to SAW 85-92. You only have one chance for Xtal to be your first afx feel. Don't fuck it up.
>>
>>72983444
Nice backpedaling.
>>
>>72983676
Xtal is truly amazing. 99% of artists struggle to make a piece half as good as Xtal in their entire career.
>>
>>72983216
Oh boy, another pretentious genre elitist who thinks something has to be "relevant" and groundbreaking to be good. Fuck off.
>>
>>72983108
don't be a pussy op. start with the album with the coolest looking cover art like you know you want to.
>>
>>72983129
this
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.