[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went so wrong? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uoo qk3B0kC4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: shit.jpg (97KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
97KB, 1000x1000px
What went so wrong?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uooqk3B0kC4
>>
Everything that could've gone wrong went wrong.
>>
>What went so wrong?
Nothing, the album is literally perfect.
>>
>>72981374
kys
>>
It doesn't sound anything like a Gorillaz album, except for the parts where Albarn phones in a few verses with that played out radio-filter. There's just no cohesive vision or direction to it.
>>
>>72981215
I actually agree 100% with Fantano's review. Something that doesn't happen often.

If you include the bonus tracks it's a 4/10 though
>>
>we need money
>hmm, what are the kids into these days?
>wub wub wub
>>
Nothing went wrong. It's a good album
>>
Saturnz Barz is literally the only good song, and that's mostly because of Popcaan.
>>
>>72982951
OWL MOI LOIF
I can't comprehend how people like that piece of shit song
>>
>>72982989
Pleb detected.
>>
>>72981215
it became damon + various artists the album
>>
>>72981215
It was an advert for other artists
>>
>>72981215
Too many niggers
>>
>>72984023
Never was a problem before.
>>
>>72981215
sometimes you can't just explain trash. It just is, trash.
>>
>>72982951
I mean, 2D sounds really good on that song.
>>
>>72982951
Popcaan was the worst part of the song for me
>>
>>72982951
me lite like frisby
>>
>>72982480
Did u even listen to the album. It lacked electronic sounds entirely
>>
>>72981215
Too much ape niggers shit piss raping not enough Damon
>>
>>72985825
This. Damon only had one song where he headlined and it was a slow song.

Plastic Beach was the best because the feature artists didn't eat up the whole song. this time around there just wasn't enough Damon, and because of the US-based political charge the old white Brit can't really connect
>>
>>72981215
Nothing. Its just an average Gorillaz album.
>>
It's their best album.

>b-but its not a REAL gorillaz album

yes. exactly.

Also, i love the fact that people can't explain why Saturnz Barz and Ascension are anything but great songs without being racist. i.e. >>72985825
>>
>>72981215
Every single song just is lacking a little depth or "somthing"

Submission and Out of Body are pretty good, as well as Charger.

But even songs I think that are decent like The Apprentice just have things that severely damage the song (Rag N Bone Man absolutely ruins the end of this song).

Momentz would have been a fucking great song if it werent ruined by Albarn's terrible input as well as that fucking annoying drum/baseline
>>
>>72982480
>wub wub wub

lmao it's not 2011 anymore
>>
>>72985935
Ascension is garbage but Saturnz is pretty decent

>muh racism
Worst way to deal with criticism. Ascension is just plain and simple, Vince Staples at his worst. Plain and boring delivery, dumbed down lyrics even for Vince. The only redeeming part is the instrumentals, and those are weak by this album's standards
>>
>>72984892
before they at least had good niggers and way less of them
compare danny brown verse to any of Del's verses and the quality is night and day
>>
>>72986024
Vince's lyrics and delivery are great tho
>>
>>72985935
i was talking about the whole album not those 2 songs, and ascension is shit
>>
>>72986083
Verse 1 is terrible, Verse 2 is passable, but doesn't come close to his best.
>>
>Hyped as fuck. They're finally returning!
>Know it's not gonna be able to live up to the hype.
>"SKYSCHFOBABYDROPDATAESCHFOCAESCHSKYSCFOBABYDROPDATAESCHFOCAESCH"
>Can't bear to listen to the rest of it. Be sad for a few days.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.