[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here actually had an album help them get over a girl/guy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: sad.jpg (24KB, 350x267px)
sad.jpg
24KB, 350x267px
Has anyone here actually had an album help them get over a girl/guy? I'm especially curious now for reasons you can probably guess if albums can really help with something like that, because I'd always doubted whether they could. If so, how so? And which album(s)?
>>
No

But I'm also a fucking mess of a person and just hopeless in general so you might have better luck than me
>>
>>72977552
Dont feel like getting into details but for me that album was Cave by Our Sunday Affairs
>>
lol no but i also never had a gf so, u know
>>
Listening to ridiculously sad shit helps me "get it out" faster. Slowcore stuff especially.
The upside (if you can call it that) is that all my breakups have stemmed from the girl being in insane bitch in some way, so it's easy to go straight into "fuck her" mode instead of the self-loathing that would happen if it was your fault.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zMf_8hkCdc
>>
Sting - The Soul Cages. While it was written for the passing of his father, his music and lyrics can be just vague enough that you can interpret it as bf/gf. Especially Mad About You
>>
In those times, music has provided me a good catharsis. The albums

Converge - Jane Doe
Animal Collective - Feels
Yo La tengo - And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside-Out

Have given me comfort and solace in times of a breakup... Idk if that helps but yeah
>>
>>72977590
I wish "being insane" made it easy to hate my ex

But instead she was so crazy and emotionally fucked up she just pushed me into hating myself instead :(
>>
>>72977552

no but you will never know why by sweet trip stopped me from killing myself.
>>
>>72977793
For what its worth Im glad your still with us and I hope your in a better place now

t. a fellow Sweet Trip fan
>>
>>72977575
>>72977590
>>72977625
>>72977655
>>72977793
Cheers m8s, good start! And good point about the insanity part, definitely feels like it applies here. And I'm glad you're alive anon <3

>>72977570
I think you're just fine bro. Even if you ARE a mess, you're not hopeless.

>>72977581
Don't worry friend, I think most people who have been in relationships/had sex/whatever your case is will tell you that those things are put on too high a pedestal and not worth going crazy over.
>>
I don't know I never got over some shit here but try some post rock like mogwai or this will destroy you.
>>
Jimmy Eat World's Futures helped me a lot after a big breakup.

Kill just fucking ruined me.

23 was cathartic.
>>
>>72978002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lggNvVRPJzA
>>
>>72978101
funny because those two songs are companion pieces
>>
>>72978128
Amazing song...
>>
>>72977552
Temporarily? Pretty much anything. I'll throw on some psych pop or 80s pop or glam rock, etc, and act all confident. I'll work out, go out with friends, go to parties. We listen to all sorts of rap and R&B, I get to meet some of their friends when I'm visiting them, I get to know some girls there, I talk to them. I feed off the braggadocio and confidence of the music and talk my game up. I'm already a great public speaker and good-looking guy, so it's no problem.
You never actually get over her though. You go back to your apartment or flat or home or dorm or whatever alone and listen to I Know It's Over and lie in your bed defeated until you pass out.
>>
>>72977840
>most people who have been in relationships/had sex/whatever your case is will tell you that those things are put on too high a pedestal and not worth going crazy over.
i know youre not trying to be a dick but dont you think thats kind of like saying to a guy whos starving 'hey man you know this food shit that everyones always going on about? it aint that good dude'
>>
>>72978193
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zMf_8hkCdc
youll like this too
>>
>>72978246
I think you sent the wrong link but anyway I'm listening to this everyday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCMIbSE2_oE
>>
>>72978270
no i sent that intenionally, what you think about it
>>
File: 1487278480-eerie fog.jpg (55KB, 320x403px) Image search: [Google]
1487278480-eerie fog.jpg
55KB, 320x403px
>>72978563
Quit spamming your god bullshit.. 4th thread I've seen it linked in within the last 30 mins.
>>
i think music is generally an emotional outlet. so maybe directly or indirectly, every album i have listened to has an impact on relationships. really everything in life.
>>
>>72978772
Relax anon, go watch it at least, I love you. Btw get sum fresh air, you a little smokey hehe
>>
File: download.jpg (178KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
178KB, 620x620px
Boomerang - Elliot Moss
>>
File: deja.jpg (215KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
deja.jpg
215KB, 960x960px
When I was 14 and broke up with my first girlfriend, this album unironically helped a lot
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.