[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Friendly reminder house, techno and breaks are just as old, varied

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (20KB, 635x597px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
20KB, 635x597px
Friendly reminder house, techno and breaks are just as old, varied and expansive independent genres in their own rights as punk, metal and hlp hop and should be treated as such.
>>
but skrillex invented dubstep
>>
>>72970675
nah that was burial
>>
File: 1491952431905.jpg (31KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1491952431905.jpg
31KB, 480x640px
>>72970675
>>
House is fucking bullshit. It's always the same sound.
>>
>>72970655
calling something electronic is the same as calling something rock you retard
>>
>>72970730
No because rock is a genre, electronic is a production method. Its the same as calling rock, reggae, funk, metal, flamenco and violin concertos ''string''.
>>
>>72970717
Whenever I make house music I feel really lazy and sleazy, it's when I feel the least like an artist. It's just too easy, you don't have to know anything about music at all to make it, or dance to it and enjoy it. I guess that's why it has such mass appeal, anyone can dance to it and if you're on drugs it's a complete foolproof way to get people to dance without actually doing anything special or creative. I've noticed that people who listen to house music as their main listening music really subscribe to herd mentality gimmicks.
>>
>>72970757
but electronic music isn't as varied as music with strings, it's roughly as varied as rock music
if I describe a song as "electronic music" you'd get as much of an idea on what it sounds like as if I described a song as "rock music"
>>
>>72970717
>>72970811
Who are the last 5 house music producers you listened to?
>>
>>72970816
>from musique concrete to hip hop, onkyo to splittercore, trip hop to ambient
>not varied
>>
>>72970828
Daft Punk
Justice
Deadmau5
Jackie Chan
-fuck
>>
>>72970855
I'm not saying it isn't varied retard, I'm saying it's as roughly as varied as rock
>>
>>72970655
The thing is how can you get retards to stop using these meme terms? I already have normalfags mistaking somple rock music or punk for metal, so it's pretty much the same thing except a little more vague in the instance of electronic music, given the masses have no idea what techno is.
>>
>>72970816
Even if you said "techno" you'd need to be more specific. Dub? Minimal? Hardcore? With "electronic" you could mean Skrillex or Merzbow?
>>
>>72970707
what is brostep?
>>
>>72970922
WUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUB
>>
>>72970921
>With "electronic" you could mean Skrillex or Merzbow?
With "rock" you could mean Royal Trux or One Direction
>>
>house, techno and breaks are just as old, varied and expansive independent genres in their own rights as punk, metal and hlp hop
show me a house, techno, or break record from 1970 please
>>72970655
Music concrete and hip hop are not inherently electronic
>>
>>72971324
Yes they are.
>>
>>72970655
Why are bleepfags so insecure?

They always bring up some problem no one had and constantly compare whatever they're listen to rock or hip hop or something as if they're seeking approval.
>>
>>72971346
they literally aren't and denying that for the sake of this argument is retarded
>>
>>72971346
that's just wrong
>>
Hip hop is EDM just like techno and house, retards.
>>
>>72971370
I like electronic, hate dance shit
>>
>>72971408
>the fuck is drums
>the fuck is turntables

As much as I think hip hop is shit let's not lie to ourselves.
>>
>>72970811
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NKqZ3DAchY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq2Oq1J6t70

just guna leave these here, 2 talented banging house tunes, bicep not so mainstream
>>
>>72970878
thats not even really house man
check out icarus - aurora banging bristolian house duo
>>
>>72970655
yeah but the genres are even more vague and incestuous then rock today so capturing it in bigger terms is easier. especially because many pleb tier artists can't produce a full album with a specific genre and just release singles or remixes
>>
>>72970922
Feed me-Ebb n flow

Zomboy-Terror squad
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.