[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Bitch I'm back out my coma >Wakin' up on your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: yeezus.jpg (96KB, 615x539px) Image search: [Google]
yeezus.jpg
96KB, 615x539px
>Bitch I'm back out my coma
>Wakin' up on your sofa
>When I park my Range Rover
>Slightly scratch your Corolla
>Okay, I smashed your Corolla
>I'm hangin' on a hangover
>Five years we been over
>Ask me why I came over
>One more hit and I can own ya
>One more fuck and I can own ya
>One cold night in October
>Pussy had me floatin'
>Feel like Deepak Chopra
>Pussy had me dead
>Might call 2Pac over
>Yeezy's all on your sofa
>These the Red Octobers
>Still ain't learn me no manners
>You love me when I ain't sober
>You love me when I'm hungover
>Even when I blow doja
>Then her auntie came over
>Skinny bitch with no shoulders
>Tellin' you that I'm bogus
>Bitch you don't even know us
>"Baby girl, he's a loner
>Baby girl, he's a loner
>Late-night organ donor
>After that, he disown ya
>After that he's just hopeless
>Soul mates become soulless
>When it's over it's over"
>And bitch, I'm back out my coma

Are these the greatest bars in hip-hop history?
>>
Hold My Liquor is actually one of the best hip hop songs of all time.
>>
>>72970352
this
>>
File: 1483425472105.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1483425472105.png
53KB, 256x256px
>>72970352
>>72970356
>>
>>72970334
Kanye is the best lyricist in hip-hop.
>>
WE GET THIS BITCH SHAKING LIKE PARKINSON'S
>>
>>72971894
"Black dick all in your spouse again" is genuinely so so so great, and 100x more enjoyable than any mos def "I'm so smart" wank
>>
File: compadre.jpg (801KB, 3290x990px) Image search: [Google]
compadre.jpg
801KB, 3290x990px
>>72971945
I really can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.
>>
>>72971111
nice quads. but HML is one of my favorite off the album. straight ratatat feel in the middle of the song
>>
>>72970334
Honestly this album does what it intends to masterfully
Some of the lyrics are not that good on a technical level but they set emotional tone so fucking perfectly

Still the worst Kanye album though
>>
>>72972050
it's one of his weaker ones but still better than graduation and TLOP. None of them are what I'd consider bad albums though.
>>
>>72972029
Yeah I can see why, I'm genuinely not. Gorgeous is 100% the best song of the past 20 years. I get that theres like a thing on /mu/ that rap is for idiots but if you don't see that it's the best american art form since jazz, with punk as a close second, then you're probably deaf.
>>
File: 1494003092039.jpg (42KB, 752x447px) Image search: [Google]
1494003092039.jpg
42KB, 752x447px
>>72972050
>the worst Kanye album though

>>72972094
>still better than graduation
>>
>>72972155
>it's the best american art form since jazz,
I love hip-hop, I think it's one of, if not the best genre.
But I don't think any rapper besides Kanye really shows how great the genre can truly be when used to it's potential.
Hip-hop hasn't moved past the mentality that to be a good rapper you need to tell stories, fill your lyrics with literary techniques, and have a very technical delivery. Hip-hop hasn't really moved past gangsta rap either, everybody pretends to be a street nigga.
>>
>>72972599
kanye killed gangsta rap for a bit and created teh space that chance, childish, drake, etc fit into now. gangsta has kinda comeback but i woudl say its def moved past it
>>
>>72972599
I would Young Thug moved past many of those things, he's abstracted what rap once sounded like, while most rappers use their voice essentially as percussion he uses his for melody. Also, with gangsta rap, Young Thug wore a dress on the cover of Dazed and then on the cover of Jeffery, Future spoke about dealing with addiction, and many different rappers have been talking about depression and mental health issues since the 90s. I think that rap is definitely moving away from being entirely masculine, as good as that was at the time. The main thing Kanye does in my opinion is release albums that feel like traditional albums, but I think that's more about preference than anything else, plus Vince Staples is definitely on his way to being as good at that kind of thing.
>>
>>72972599
>But I don't think any rapper besides Kanye really shows how great the genre can truly be when used to it's potential.
>-hop hasn't moved past the mentality that to be a good rapper you need to tell stories, fill your lyrics with literary techniques, and have a very technical delivery
Unironically Kendrick
>>
Why would they be?
>>
>>72972766
I would say that kendrick isn't doing anything that wasn't done better in the 90's desu, for west coast Vince and YG are the best out currently, both easily as strong lyrically plus the beats are better.
>>
no, not even close
>>
Sometimes I feel like these Kanye posters have heard 25 hip hop albums. So fucking ignorant. I'm saying this as a huge Kanye fan
>>
>>72970334
dunno about that but it's one of Kanye's best deliveries, specially that final "bitch, i'm out of my coma"
Yeezus truly is Kanye's best
>>
>>72972870
I've actually never heard a single hip hop album all the way front to back except Yeezus
>>
there's a difference between savage and gangstas. gangstas are niggas from 90s to 2000s who talk about criminal shit and are very honorable or whatever.

savage culture in rap is way more extermist and nihilistic. niggas like 21 savage and xxxtentacion. fuck dogs in the ass n shit
>>
lil b, young thug, etc. niggas dont give a fuck about how theyre perceived as gay or ignorant.
>>
>>72972631
For a bit. Drake sold out, the insecurity got to him. On If You're Reading This he's talking about shooting and selling drugs.
Gambino has one good album (Camp had great concepts and bars, but the execution was lackluster) and was never really popular.
Chance. Good point about Chance. But I hope he stops with the church music and goes back to pure hip-hop.

>>72972766
I was saying that the mentality is stupid and stifling progress, Kendrick and his popularity encompasses everything wrong with hip-hop.
>>
>>72973196
don't like drake but a lot of the upcoming rap kids are def on that weirdo rap more than gangsta, outside of mumblerap/trap
>>
>>72973006
This explains the praise for Yeezus
>>
>>72972732
You're right about Young Thug. Young Thug uses hip hop to it's potential and is pushing the genre forward in a great way.
But wearing dresses does nothing for dismantling gangsta rap, the content of his lyrics need to reflect that and it doesn't.
>Future spoke about dealing with addiction, and many different rappers have been talking about depression and mental health issues since the 90s.
Like you said, nothing new, Future's just doing it through a trap lens. Not that I don't like Future. There are more rappers now bringing up mental health or not doing gangsta rap, but a lot of them (Earl, Isaiah Rashad, J. Cole, Vic Mensa, etc) are going about it in very shallow shitty ways.
>Vince Staples is definitely on his way to being as good at that kind of thing.
Is he really? I like him, but I don't think his music does it for me. Summertime 06 was good, but kind of bad. And I don't remember Prima Donna at all.
>>
>>72972870
there's just no rapper as good as Kanye.
>>
Reminder Scaruffi literally used the phrase "poetic depth of Kanye West"
>>
>>72973463
Poetic depth means way more than just what you think it means
>>
kanye west is probably the biggest personality of rap music
>>
>>72973463
Because Kanye is a poet.
>>
>>72973231
Trap is the new gangsta rap. I get what you're saying about "weirdo rap", there are a lot of rappers out now not making gangsta content, but I wouldn't call the content weird.
All the alt non-gangsta content in hip-hop now (if it's not conscious) is about sex, love, and relationships. It's a shift and there's a lot of it being made, but I wouldn't call it a positive shift or even one that dismantles the extreme masculinity of the genre because it always comes with stereotypical cocky bragging.
>>
>hangover
>hungover
>sofa
>sofa
>october
>octobers
Bravo mr west
>>
>>72973510
Personality is what makes Kanye's music so interesting.
It's a living breathing experience, an exhibition of an atypical man: how he changes and how he's stayed the same.
>>
>>72972599
this

so far no one in the game is using hip hop as poetry. it's kinda turned into it's own form of spoken word/literature, with its one goals and styles, but I think kanye's lyrics, especially on yeezus, are still poetry. the lyrics on this song aren't complex, they aren't technically impressive, and hell, they barely even rhyme at a few points. However, the emotional feeling and idea presented through the lyrics is far more than any high technicality detailed rap song could do.
>>
>>72972870
>tfw other Kanye stans are so ignorant about other hip-hop
>>
>>72973777
thank you, every time I've tried to explain that to somebody they act like I'm the biggest retard on the planet.
I'm not impressed by technicality. Anyone can rap fast. Anyone can rhyme with the same word 50 times in one verse. Anyone can do double entendres.
Hip-hop lyrics should be about the content, what's being said not how it's being said. In his solo music Kanye has almost no bad bars/lines. His lyrics are visceral, straightforward and to the point. The only other people I feel like compare to him lyrically are YG and Gambino.
>>
>>72970334
4 IN THE MORNIN'
>>
>>72978133
AND I'M ZONIN
>>
Yeezus is post-irony core and an amazing album to boot

People who say the lyrics are bad are brainlets
>>
File: 0fc (2016_12_08 01_52_40 UTC).jpg (124KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
0fc (2016_12_08 01_52_40 UTC).jpg
124KB, 1500x1500px
>>72978211
>post-irony core
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.