[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is the guy talking on The Beautiful Days and Minus Something?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: cover.jpg (7KB, 200x197px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
7KB, 200x197px
Who is the guy talking on The Beautiful Days and Minus Something?

Also, what's the general opinion on Volcano here?
>>
Jarboe's dad was FBI, she found a bunch of recordings left over in his desk. They're mostly tapped phone recordings. The best example is actually I Was A Prisoner In Your Skull, because the suspect actually knew his phone was tapped and was talking directly to whomever was tapping his phone

a lot of them are random criminals
>>
>>72968315
>The best example is actually I Was A Prisoner In Your Skull, because the suspect actually knew his phone was tapped and was talking directly to whomever was tapping his phone
[citation needed]

then none of the shit he's saying makes sense, like past experiences etc
>>
>>72968350
From a 1996 interview with SlowThrills:

Q: “Have you always had a fascination for tape loops and found sound? I remember on ‘Love of Life’ there was this teenage girl talking about forming a band.”

A: “That’s Jarboe! We found that from the same source where we got some of these tapes. Her father was an FBI agent and he was in the habit of tapping phones, and his family home was constantly monitored because his informants would be calling in occasionally, and whether as by-product or intent, he recorded Jarboe’s girlhood conversations with her friends and she found them all in his desk after he died. The speech on ‘I Was A Prisoner In Your Skull’ is also something from his desk, although on that one the person is obviously aware of the tape, and he’s also some kind of criminal, I don’t know what he has done though.”

next time don't be a retard and disagree with me
>>
>>72968267
Volcano's great. I revel in its weirdness
>>
File: collie.png (210KB, 284x313px) Image search: [Google]
collie.png
210KB, 284x313px
>>72968267
>THERE'S A STAR IN HER EYES AND SHE SHOWS IT
>>
>>72968513
>the little girl inside of you
>has made her wish come truuuee

is there a single more discomforting line in all of music?
>>
>>72968315
>>72968350
The recording of How They Suffer is from Gira's father.
Soundtracks for the Blind may actually mean Soundtracks for the Blind [man] rather than for the Blind [people]
>>
>>72968315
>>72968350
>>72968399

I like to think the guy on the phone is in some part of insurance scam where the other person has to act brain damaged, so he has to talk about how he can't do things right, although he's doing it in an exaggerated way having fun because he knows he's being taped. That's what makes sense to me.
>>
>>72968267
Volcano is great
>>
I absolutely love how unnerving that guy's voice is on beautiful days, sounds so unnatural yet not "fake" if that makes any sense, and I always wanted to know more information but I'm glad I won't because I like the mystery. Are there only four tracks with the vocal samples? Haven't listened to it in a while
>>
>>72969012
>You're gonna murder somebody weak
>>
>>72969106
I'm pretty sure it's a female just lowered in pitch, which makes it sound really "wrong"
>>
>>72969106

The voice on The Beautiful days is from a woman. It's just slowed down a bit. I guess she's just talking about her phone sex experiences. Nothing too mysterious.

Another fun fact: Her Mouth is Filled with Honey is Jarboe's father talking about the time he caught her daughter tripping on LSD for the first time.
>>
>>72968267
>Also, what's the general opinion on Volcano here?
it used to weird me out a lot. It still sort of does but now I love it and consider it one of the top 3 tracks on this masterpiece of an album
>>
>>72969162
>The voice on The Beautiful days is from a woman. It's just slowed down a bit. I guess she's just talking about her phone sex experiences. Nothing too mysterious.

I'm pretty sure it's a guy. Something like a male prostitute, or a ladyboy / tranny.
>>72969150
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.