[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm performing for almost 1500 people tomorrow, I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1416001460756.png (523KB, 533x660px) Image search: [Google]
1416001460756.png
523KB, 533x660px
I'm performing for almost 1500 people tomorrow, I've never played for more than 200 people at once. I'm nervous as hell, so I'm asking for any tips. Also music for this feel.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CTbycx2Pfo
>>
Just imagine yourself naked
>>
buy some coke, it will help you
>>
>>72965585
the trick is to use the nervous energy and adrenaline to your advantage.
>>
Are you solo or with a band?
>>
>>72965601
Haha, thanks

>>72965619
I would, but the dealer has gone missing in the last month. Also related, I usually don't drink before the show, but I'm already fucking shaking today, what is your stance on drinking before the show?
>>
>>72965628
With a band, so at least I'm not alone on the stage.
>>
>>72965679
Would not recommend drinking before a show. Just saying. Just try and stay hydrated and have fun. Make everybody believe you're not nervous. You can even try and convince yourself just for the show, and things should be fine.
>>
>>72965679
With a band is easy. Just think about the fact that you could screw up pretty big and your bandmates would still go on and probably most people would barely notice/remember.

Playing solo in front of that many people is much harder.
>>
Are you Singing Or Playing An Instrument.?
>>
>>72965701
>>72965710

Thanks for the tips, I'm more or less just worried for two songs in the whole set, we are playing jazz/funk music and I have to improvise twice, I can do it fine when we are reahearsing and did it really well infront of a smaller crowd before, but we are playing with the people who went to Eurovision this year (I know it's a meme competition, but still), and I'm don't want to make a jackass out of me.
>>
>>72965585
Just remember to enjoy the moment; Don't rush to get to the next section or the next song. Don't speed up to get it over with. Lay back into the groove and find a nice pocket with the rest of the band.
>>
>>72965770
Just try and feel the music. That's what's makes it special. You don't have to come off as some virtuoso. Just go for stripped back and nice on the ears if you don't think you can pull off what you have planned.
>>
>>72965619
I was going to suggest ADHD medication but it could go either way and the pressure gets to your head and you end up shitting yourself, not that I would know that feeling, or micro dose on shrooms .
>>
File: hatwobble.gif (426KB, 285x190px) Image search: [Google]
hatwobble.gif
426KB, 285x190px
Thank you all for your contributions, I have to go now, will do my best tomorrow.
>>
>>72965821
this is really good advice. the same way rushed speech feels insecure, so does a rushed performance.

if you need chemical assistance, beta blockers and/or stimulants should do the trick. if you feel like you're gonna absolutely shit yourself, a small (SMALL) dose of a benzodiazepine will have you ready to go.

if you have asthma be careful with the beta blockers because they'll stop albuterol from working.

don't go too heavy on the stims, side effects from a high dose like racing heart/thoughts can quickly turn into a panic attack in the wrong environment.

as for benzos, a small dose (half a milligram to a milligram) will help tremendously. but don't take 1mg and then feel some butterflies in your stomach and take another because you will end up acting very drunk.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.