[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>decide to take a music theory class as an elective in college

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1427927954022.png (572KB, 747x625px) Image search: [Google]
1427927954022.png
572KB, 747x625px
>decide to take a music theory class as an elective in college
>teacher is an old ass hippie that loves reggae and gypsy jazz
>all the guys are autistic and dress like they just left an /fa/ meetup
>all the girls are roastie hipsters or "lol im so alternative and quirky XDD"
is this how every music theory class is like?
>>
>>72956001
Yep, people that go to school for music are insufferable.
>>
>>72956001
No, what the fuck school are you going to? If it's Berkeley than that's your problem. When i was in music theory it made up of just studious reserved folk. The teacher was also just normal, nothing out of the ordinary. If you're music class really does look like that, that's when you know no one is going to come out successful.
>>
>>72956001
thats what you get for taking the basic bitch theory class that's probably meant for non-majors
>>
Basically

>had 2 theory teachers
>one was a Middle aged Hispanic guitar player
>the other was an old ass french horn player and composer on the side
>an old ass guy who constantly talks about his progressive rock band with anyone who'll listen
>guy who shows up stoned for the last 15 minutes of class everyday
>Chinese woman that barely speaks English and asks instructors to repeat everything atleast twice
>Eastern European immigrant piano player that always had to disagree with everything the professor had to say
>Black jazz pianist that was always practicing before class
>the rest were fruity Cuckifornia kids that played in the wind ensemble

It was pretty fun desu
>>
>>72956210
Actually yeah, this might be the problem. If music is your major then if will be he real deal with people who are looking to succeed
>>
>first day of music theory class
>walk in sit next to a /fa/ looking guy, slightly red flag but is fit and seems normal
>greets me we share our names
>I ask "so you have a passion for composing too huh?"
>"yeah I mainly compose using programs on the computer, I make electronic music"
>huge red flag, but whatever
>class starts
>teacher asks everyone to raise there hand if they play an instrument
>me, the guy sitting next to me and one other in the back of the class raise our hand
>surprises me so I ask "hey, so what do you play man?"
>"oh I play guitar"
>oh that's cool, you trained young?
>"nah, I learned by ear and play tabs online"

Immediately got up and left the class then promptly dropped the class. I decided to get a private teacher after.
>>
>>72956463

lol i bet you wear a fedora you fag
>>
What the fuck does "roastie" even mean?
Are there actually people that believe frequent sex makes a woman's labia grow larger?
Does it mean something else now?
>>
>>72956463
Holy shit you are a fucking grade-a fag
>>
>>72956463
faggot
>>
File: disdainforplebs.png (258KB, 305x327px) Image search: [Google]
disdainforplebs.png
258KB, 305x327px
>>72956463
>"playing by ear is bad"
>literally the best way to learn guitar
>>
>>72956463
Literally kys, self absorbed faggot
>>
>>72956463
Savage 2bh. I don't care about the fedora anymore.
>>
>>72956463
I hope this is b8
>>
File: 27b.jpg (22KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
27b.jpg
22KB, 600x600px
>>72956463
>"so you have a passion for composing too huh?"
>>
>>72956463
I wish there was a way to point and laught at you through the internet
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.