[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Haha, wow! Poptimism has actually, with absolute fucking sincerity,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_4214.png (186KB, 400x520px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4214.png
186KB, 400x520px
Haha, wow! Poptimism has actually, with absolute fucking sincerity, gone too far! Wow! And y'know, I wouldn't mind you people if you simply stuck to "discussing" such vapid, mainstream top 40 pop on appropriately mainstream websites, but you don't! You come here, HERE, to 4chan to vicariously satisfy you ill-conceived desire to be counter-culture! You come here so you can feel as though you're on the "bleeding, cutting edge" of culture and society, all while doing appreciating nothing, doing nothing, and holistically resembling nothing novel and removed from mainstream culture! In every aspect of your existence, you epitomize cultural, societal normalcy, yet you come here, force your bullshit, vapid and media social media and meme driven tastes until everyone with the faintest sense of novelty or taste has no choice but to leave!

Haha! You people have absolutely, actively DESTROYED what made 4chan 4chan, yet to vicariously satisfy your BULLSHIT, ILL-CONCEIVED desire to be counter-culture cling to this idea that this place is "cutting edge," and "counter-culture," despite the fact that it's you normal, vapid and posturing CUNTS that have absolutely RUINED that aspect of this cite.

We are NOT counter-culture anymore, BECAUSE OF YOU.

We are NOT cutting edge anymore, BECAUSE OF YOU.

We are NOT contrary, obscure and noninclusive anymore, BECAUSE OF YOU.

NOW, we sit comfortably and safely on the periphery of faux obscurity, adequately complimented by the likes of Pitchfork, Anthony Fucking Fantano, and Noisey in every aspect and judgement.

You people, you NORMIES, have actively RUINED WHAT GREATNESS THIS PLACE ONCE WIELDED.

WELL DONE

WELL DONE

NO SERIOUSLY WELLFUCKING DNE ARE YOU HAPPY? ARE YOU? WHAT IS FUFUCKING WRONG WITH YOU PIECES OF SHIT? WHY DO YOU NEED TO BE INCLUDED INTO EVERYTHINT? DON'T YOU REALIZE THAT WE'RE HERE BECAUSE YOU REJECTED US FIRST AND FOREMOST? FUCK
>>
Pic obviously not related to rant posted!
>>
Haha!
>>
>>72947025
who hurt u
>>
File: 1472632658157.jpg (225KB, 682x600px) Image search: [Google]
1472632658157.jpg
225KB, 682x600px
>>72947025
>implying it was ever good
>>
best thread in years.

Normies are just appropriating chan culture and turning it into fucking facebook. I cringe so hard when someone her try to show empathy for some stupid random neurotypals.
>>
That gig had literal poptimists there, so nothing was really lost
>>
I don't come here to act like a special snowflake though. I like to discuss music and mainstream pop is better in every conceivable way than indie.
>>
Is the original pasta about normies or something
>>
>>72947439
fuck off. you can discuss your disgusting pop everywhere else.
>>
poptimists are the best thing to happen to this place.
>>
>>72947025
This but with only 20% irony.
4chan was supposed to be my safe space.
>>
Pop is still better than any rock genre
>>
>>72948288
>88
>>>/pol/
>>
>Record label employees are this stupid and obvious while posting
Am kinda disappointed desu thought you'd be smarter
>>
>>72947025
Why couldn't at least one bolt hit her.
>>
>>72947025
the greatest trick the music industry ever pulled off was convincing hipsters that listening to top 40 was edgy and counter-cultural
>>
>>72947025
Fantano is actually quite critic of poptimism, not like those faggots at Noisey who act like Beyonce is the next Malcolm X for twerking in front of a giant FEMINIST sign.
>>
>>72947025
With Miley Cyrus going back to being a normie ass country white girl after acting ghetto, that cunt of Halsey complaining that she gets called pop and Kenrick not and Katy Perry being an overall poser, I think poptimism will loose its grip on music criticism (Hip hop will still be the dominant genre tho)
>>
/p4kcore/
>>
>>72947025
This but unironically
>>
>>72947025
pop is more cutting edge now, forget your lame indie bands who are at about the same pace
>>
>>72950665
Post some cutting edge pop songs then.
>>
>we
>we
>we
>we

People float between websites, people are counter-culture. Websites are websites.

You are the one that isn't counter-culture anymore.
>>
>>72947025
>4chan getting larger ruined 4chins
nah, it was the fact that 4chan got larger that ruined it - it became a point of influence and crossposters exist on p4k, etc
>>
>>72947025
You weren't here when Lady Gaga was huge here back in 2008, you fucking underage memer. Poptimism has always been part of a minority of /mu/ since the early days, this is not new. Now kindly fuck off and go back to /pol/ or /b/... or wherever you came from.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.