[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Selected Ambient Works 85-92 >with a single pisstake exception,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: silly.png (29KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
silly.png
29KB, 300x300px
>Selected Ambient Works 85-92
>with a single pisstake exception, every single selection has a relatively conventional song structure including well-defined rhythmic, melodic, and harmonic musical elements
>>
Obviously that's why he called it ambient, if he just released it as a standard album it would've been trashed
>>
with a few exceptions richards early work is pretty shit
I think more people on here would realize this if they had any sort of basis in pre90s electronic music.
>>
>>72939774
Kind of, but SAW and SAW II have something special to them that you can't find in almost any other electronic music back then.
>>
>>72939774
So an album has to be more innovative than others in the genre to be good? Get over yourself.
>>
>>72939774

On the contrary. I am the OP and I love RDJ's music, I was just having a bit of fun. You've taken the occasion of the OP as a justification for your thing, when it's really the opposite: to listen to early electronic music is to /better appreciate RDJ for being much better/.
>>
>>72939774
have you listened to his 2015 soundcloud releases that were made in the early 90s? those are a lot better than most of the songs off his official releases of the time imo
>>
>>72939808
Iktf. It seems so lifeless at first, it took me a WHILE to get into it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j2ykeF-n8g
>>
>>72942629
holy shit this is awesome
>>
>>72942918
If you like this, listen to the Analord compilation if you havent already. Heavy acid bangers on that one. Wish he made more breakbeat though :(
>>
>>72939774
most everyone who knows their electronic music respects early RDJ
>>
>>72942620
RDJ has incredible rhythmic perception
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.