[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>open DAW >fuck around with themes and settings >get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: box o help.png (56KB, 800x815px) Image search: [Google]
box o help.png
56KB, 800x815px
>open DAW
>fuck around with themes and settings
>get bored
>close DAW
how do I music?
>>
Get an MPC
>>
don't close DAW
>>
>>72932337
U LACK pASSion
>>
bump

help, pls. I need to not be such an uninspired, lazy dickhole.
any tips?
>>
>>72933174
just make music even if it sucks ass. The more you keep making music despite sucking your music will stop sucking. There's no quick way to learn how to make music unless you're a prodigy.
>>
Just play around with the DAW. It really isn't that hard to figure how it works out.
>>
If you don't know basic music theory you won't have any idea what you're doing.
>>
>>72932337
before learning the daw
get yourself acquainted with vsts
vsts are the backbone of a daw and really make the process of making music on your computer fun
find software synth vsts and mastering vsts and learn how to add them to your daw

do not start with daw presets. that's what has been killing music since 2006
>>
>>72933276
also do not rely on sampling.
learn music theory, basic music theory.
major and minor chords. church modes. learn a few bill evans piano licks, transcribe freddy king/chuck berry licks to piano. learn and copy from the masters.

do not sample

learn to play and develop your own style from there
>>
>>72932337
desu I get inspiration to continue making shitty internet music because of frankjavcee. watching his videos gets me pumped to make uninspired millennial garbage
>>
>>72932365
Probably correct
>>72932376
Correct
>>72932411
Probably correct
>>72933210
Most correct in thread
>>72933213
Correct
>>72933243
Least correct in thread
>>72933276
Correct but don't get too many, find a good one and master it
>>72933303
Not very correct
>>
>>72933341
Hate to break it to you, but the music theory guys are absolutely correct. Samples are fine if you bend can bend and break them to your every whim but without theory (can be chords or you could just think about vibrations and ratios) you will not be able to form a cohesive whole.
>>
>>72933303
>do not sample

ABSOLUTELY WRONG
>>
>>72934105
make music people want to sample.
dont be a crate-digging, sample license-paying plébiscité boyo
>>
>>72934050
Wrong. You will never see me argue that knowledge of music theory doesn't help (sometimes astronomically) when writing music, but to suggest that it's a requirement for making good music is just flat-out incorrect.
>>
>>72934582
making good music is not about luck or talent. it's about knowledge. you can make good music (or bad music, sad music, suspenseful music, etc.) with knowledge of music theory. few people understand this and that is why most music sucks.
>>
>>72933276
how does one get acquainted with vsts without using a daw?
>>
I love writing music but dread recording.
What do?
>>
>>72934686
Get comfortable with recording and learn that if you're going to produce your own stuff, recording is part of writing music.

Or, find a producer.
>>
>>72934675
pick a daw.
any daw.
vsts are the most important element to recording on a computer.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.