[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/daily/ thread - deep fried edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 79

File: owls2.jpg (207KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
owls2.jpg
207KB, 600x600px
"B"

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

>make charts
https://www.neverendingchartrendering.org/

>listen to tunes
https://plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

>listenalong schedules, OP pics, etc.
http://daily-mu.blogspot.com/p/welcome.html

Previous thread: >>72900536
>>
bantastic bedition
>>
:ok_hand:
>>
Damn I have never seen this, nice pic
>>
>>72931094
yes I was :-(
>>
>>72931327
god dangit bobby
>>
File: Freeform.jpg (2MB, 1560x720px) Image search: [Google]
Freeform.jpg
2MB, 1560x720px
Whew, doing Roxy & Elsewhere next, then I've actually finished a freeform chart

[1/2]

Coin Locker Kid - Traumnoville

Definitely has one of the most unsettling atmospheres I’ve found in hip-hop. Really soul-crushing stuff, with a homemade, lo-fi feel. I couldn’t stop thinking of Daniel Johnston when listening to this. Not amazing, though it has some nice moments.

3/5

Snoop Dogg - Neva Left

Phew, Snoop’s solo discog has been a wild fucking ride.

Did it take Snoop this long to figure out how to make a good modern record? He hits everything I was hoping he would throughout this past decade. Old school beats, with that little “C.R.E.A.M” piano riff on the intro and a Tribe sample on “Bacc in the Dayz”. And at least above-average lyrics. It’s still a little long but at 60 minutes, it’s miraculously short for a modern Snoop record. He doesn’t rely exclusively on guest features but he doesn’t struggle on his own, bringing in features when they’re needed. There’s actually some quality control on here.

Musically, it’s a weird mix of super old school stuff and more modern trap. It isn’t the heavier trap production of Coolaid though (which still worked weirdly), it’s a lot lighter and poppier which I like a little better. There’s even some funkier cuts, with “Go On” (is that Pharrell?) and the “Vapors” remix.

If you expect this to be anywhere near his peak though, you’ve obviously paid absolutely no attention to my earlier reviews (wouldn’t be surprised). Snoop sounds kinda old and his flow is way slower than it used to - but he makes it work. He throws in some nice references too with the NFL references all over “Swivel” that despite being pretty corny, I loved.

Anyway, surprisingly consistent for a modern Snoop record.

>>
>>72931362
Leon Thomas - Blues and the Soulful Truth

If you were unaware, Thomas is the vocalist that does all the yodeling all over Pharoah Sanders’ Karma. On here, he’s surprisingly normal, with Thomas mixing it up between funk, blues and soul. The more standard tracks are groovy as hell - but the weirder ones are what make it stand out. The 10 minute “Gypsy Woman” is a wild ride, with avant-garde jazz instrumentals flying all over the place and Thomas’ vocals only adding to the weirdness. It also sounds like someone is setting off fireworks during this track? I wouldn’t be surprised if they were. Probably the closest I’ve heard to his work on Karma. “Shape Your Mind to Die” is also a nice slow-burning, afro-jazz track with some bizarre vocals as well. "China Doll" may have some bleh lyrics but the whole atmosphere of the track is pretty fantastic.

Honestly, the only track that doesn’t do much for me is the cheesy cover of “Boom Boom” but the rest of the album more than makes up for it imo.

Rainbrother - Tales From the Drought

A folky, almost slowcore-y release from this year. Super slow cuts, passionate lyrics and cool instrumentals. Definitely a great addition to this style, which happens to be one of my favorite sounds in music.

Not much about it is remarkably different than other music in this style but I really dug it.

>>
File: topsters2 (2).png (2MB, 1662x910px) Image search: [Google]
topsters2 (2).png
2MB, 1662x910px
sorry about posting your oc meme last thread luckily no one saw it
>>
File: ch.jpg (198KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
ch.jpg
198KB, 630x630px
whats good
>>
>>72931443
>whats good
pretty much all of it except naked city and fire orchestra
>>
>>72931443
sun ship
spiritual unity
eternal rhythm
electric bath
birth of the new cool
astigmatic

all great
lanquidity is good if a bit overrated
>>
>>72931421
>that paris texas score
pleb
>>72931443
my gifts, sun ship, godspelized, spiritual unity, swiss movement, awakening, sonny's dream, astigmatic, asante

chet baker sings is mediocre and it's a shame with all the other great stuff he has that's not as popular
>>
>>72931466
i feel like i'll probably like naked city, dunno about fire orchestra

>>72931470
what other sun ra would you recommend? i've not heard any records from him yet
>>
>>72931565
im pretty sure space is the place is great, i can't bring myself to rate it for some reason tho
>>
>>72931563
i think it was you that put me onto swiss movement and awakening, been meaning to listen to them for ages

and same question to you, what chet would you recommend?
>>
>>72931443
Some GOAT stuff here. Astigmatic is an undeniable display of genius, one of my all time favorite albums. Don Cherry and McCoy Tyner are always worthwhile. I do like Lanquidity, but it's in a way different style than his freer stuff he's better known for. Sun Ship is of course off the wall. I keep meaning to get to this damn Electric Masada album. Never cared much about Ayler or Zorn desu
>>
>>72931443
>>72931443
>whats good
all of it except the jazz LMAO XD

(hype chart tho)
>>
>>72931648
Depends on what you're looking for. My favorite is Chet's Choice, a very tight trio record full of great interplay with both frenetic moments and slower parts done beautifully. Chet in Tokyo, or Diane (if you're looking for a quiet austere duo) are also good picks.
>>
File: it pig.png (707KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
it pig.png
707KB, 960x540px
>>72931779
oop i shedded my trip
>>
>>72931648
>>72931783
In the end, I'm following this list and I also recommend it highly
https://rateyourmusic.com/list/hprill/chet_baker__the_essentials/
also yeah I think I put Pharaohs and McCann in some playlist I made you.
>>
File: 1495097693023.jpg (52KB, 500x299px) Image search: [Google]
1495097693023.jpg
52KB, 500x299px
>>72931466
>pretty much all of it except (...) fire orchestra

>>72931565
>>72931595
Space is the Place is very good indeed, check that one out.
>>
>>72930847
2.5 is average/boring, 3.0 is above average/enjoyable but not something id return to often, 2.0 is bad.
>>
>>72931665
>>72931910
i'll probably listen to space is the place too then since Lanquidity is different

>>72931779
agree desu, i'm just listening to all this jazz to keep up my cred as the music aficionado of my friend group

>>72931783
>>72931804
i'll check these out too

and yeah it was, Freedom Road has got so much play from me, dunno why it's taken me so long to listen to the album
>>
File: worse.png (2MB, 2600x2600px) Image search: [Google]
worse.png
2MB, 2600x2600px
movin slow but we movin
>>
File: 1495431062825.png (2MB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
1495431062825.png
2MB, 1732x1732px
>>
Lot's of work /daily/ but I still get to have a moment of musical escape every now and then.

Listened to the new Tony Conrad release. Liked the way the violin was surrounded by bass-like tools but it was way too long imo.
>>
>>72932619
*lots of, wew

Anyway, that was my shitpost of the day. Good night /daily/!
>>
>>72932671
lots of wew
>>
File: dailycore2.jpg (4MB, 2766x4155px) Image search: [Google]
dailycore2.jpg
4MB, 2766x4155px
thesound. Overall: 3.50
>Richard Abrams - Levels and Degrees of Light
I started off not being a huge fan. Didn't really enjoy the vocals of the first track, and it was just simply too slow. However, it really picked up the second, and eventually peaked the third. The combination of the bells in the third track (I think that's what those are) along with the birds chirping actually sounded pretty fucking cool, very light and brassy. I really wish the rest was like this, but it was still a great album overall. Really loved how free and airy it was.
4/5
>>
>>72933147
fuck pic didn't update, oh well
>>
>>72932263
siq
>>
File: 2016 clearout 3.jpg (1MB, 2848x2296px) Image search: [Google]
2016 clearout 3.jpg
1MB, 2848x2296px
>Lolina - Live in Paris
don't run away from that title. if there has ever been an album that isn't a live album, it's this. This plays more as a radioplay than an album, with Lolina splicing lo-fi field recordings of random British ramblings over top of virtually unaccompanied synth melodies. I've liked previous Hype Williams related projects in the past, but this is the first one to truly live up to the insane nature the duo has made for themselves.

>Looking Through Sheets -ghosts again
Was suggested this through my Deep Internet list. Electronic sound collage with a decent amount of thought put into it. I like how the artist plays with the differing audio qualities of the samples being used. Recommended.

>Bill Laswell and Terre Thaemlitz - Web
Very clean ambient that still manages to feel corrupted and dark. Perfectly summarizes the internet-user experience.

>Jim O'Rourke - Despite the Water Supply
The way the strings fade in, maintain their form just long enough to know them, and then instantly begin to fall apart, even before they finish fully emerging, is unreal.

>Eric La Casa - Secousses panoramiques
A collection of short field recordings. Weird to say this, but this was a very well made album, disregarding the quality of the field recordings. The isolation of imagery from the audio leaves the listener with what could be mistaken for a normal, great drone EP. There is a great level of restraint to each section, knowing exactly what to hold on in the semi-natural landscape. Really engaging release.

>Chip Shop Music - You Can Shop Around But You Won't Find Any Cheaper
not much happens. nice n bassy.
>>
>>72933822
>The Gero-P - s/t
One of Gero's most normal releases. "We Got Normal" was remastered into the one track everybody liked off Moen Hai. Fun release. If you know Gero, you know what you're getting.

>Loren Connors & Jim O'Rourke - Two Nice Catholic Boys
The two just never start working off each other well enough honestly. Never been big on Connors. I like the contrast used between the light and heavy sounds at points.

>Burkhard Stangl / Taku Unami - I Was
Unami tries to assemble a papercraft doll while submerged in Jell-O, soundtracked by Stangl.

>Prefuse 73 - One Word Extinguisher
Fun glitch hop record slowly fizzles off into boring instrumnetal hip hop record with some clicking sounds here and there.

Other stuff worth shouting out:
>夕方の犬 - Choir and Room
by the guy who did that one dog album. no samples on this album. blends new age choral synths with lovely piano compositions. truly the most modern of all classical.
https://apothecarycompositions.bandcamp.com/album/choir-and-room

>Poppy - Computer Boy
Her best single track since Lowlife prolly. Everything is excessively catchy while still feeling like more of a song than a jingle, which is an issue a had with a few of her recent tracks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ao5mg11xIk

>Dux Content - Snow Globe
One of those tracks that I just never got around to listening to. One of the most climactic pieces PC has ever released. The comparisons to Disney songs are appropriate.
https://soundcloud.com/pcmus/snow-globe
>>
>can't find the first album on the new chart
good.
>>
>>72933923
what is it

in fact post chart
>>
File: 2016 clearout 4.jpg (1MB, 3105x2540px) Image search: [Google]
2016 clearout 4.jpg
1MB, 3105x2540px
>>72934108
>>
>>72934196
>18 rhythmic studies for a pen, a cassette case and a korean cassette deck
i think it's best you dont find it....
>>
File: cha.jpg (199KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
cha.jpg
199KB, 630x630px
>Pharoah Sanders - Tauhid
Man I love that intro with Sharrock and the percussion, the slow build up with Sanders' sax bursting onto the album 10 minutes in, it's definitely the stand out track on the record for me. And Japan is a really pleasant interlude, I was kinda surprised when I saw reviewers complaining about it being racist or disrespectful, I didn't feel that way in the slightest. Coming out of that, the closer flows brilliantly between the whole band playing wildly and serene moments of Sanders' sax. I absolutely love Sanders from the few records I've heard so far, he puts such feeling into the music. 4+/5

>Pharaohs - Awakening
Yup the record lives up to Freedom Road. That track still blows away everything else but that doesn't mean the rest of the album isn't funky as shit. The tinges of free jazz just complete the puzzle. 4/5

good start to the chart but I knew I'd like these 2 anyway

>>72932597
nice, pretty happy with the response it's got
>>
>>72934268
shhhh
>>
that feel when there are sweaty men ripping up your bedroom carpet for the whole day so you cannot listen to Music (tm) in peece
>>
File: 51IBYrQFZML.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
51IBYrQFZML.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
what was O'Rouke thinking when he made this lmao

>>72934944
put on some Alcest ;)

>>72933836
I can't help but enjoy Snowglobe, even when the singer sounds like a Disney Princess
>>
>>72935075
>what was O'Rourke thinking
"i am a genius of jazz pop arrangement"
>>
File: 4tsament.png (2MB, 3136x1996px) Image search: [Google]
4tsament.png
2MB, 3136x1996px
>SSHX vs Kanzler
Neither of these albums did anything for me.

Novelty Condom wins.
>>
>>72935117
oh i can rec?
no restrictions right
>>
>>72935102
this desu
>>
>>72935131
yes
correct
>>
>>72935117
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/jim_orourke/united_red_army__soundtrack_/
>>
Moves Like Jagger
>>
>>72935117
>>72935182
joe henderson - inner urge
i think youll tortsally like it :^)
>>
anyone here been to Iceland? i'll be there Weds - Sun, trying to figure out some stuff to do
>>
>>72935580
Haven't been but it's p much my dream destination along with St. Petersburg so have fun man
>>
>>72935580
go see the northern lights and try to not annoy the huldufolk
>>
>>72935354
more like Jäger
>>
>>72931144
https://youtu.be/weDSliJBvuU
>>
dailycore2.jpg
4MB, 2766x4155px
Comet. Overall: 3.17
>Negativland - Fair Use: The Story of the Letter U and the Numeral 2
The story/ concept of this was amazing. It truly is a story of copyright, and the struggles artists like Negativland face because of the overwhelming weight of restrictions. It's eye opening, and it really helps you understand one dark side of the music industry. I think that was the purpose of this record, to show listeners like me a huge problem that we aren't aware of. We take music for granted, while so many artists are getting fucked by the record labels and all the big dogs out there. This is what they were trying to show us, and they did it very well through the use of tape recordings of those for and against copyright restrictions. You get to hear the intimidation and pressure from the voices of the oppressors, but in the same track you also hear the resistance towards these pressures. It's truly more like a historical narrative, rather then a piece of music you listen to for entertainment. Because of this, everyone will rate and view it differently, depending on how much weight he/she puts on concept and narrative, rather then the music itself. If someone was able to weigh a record entirely based on its narrative, then I would understand this getting 5/5s frequently. Personally, I think both should be considered, and while I think they told an amazing story here, the musical aspect of this record was decent-semi enjoyable at best. It is a sound collage/ plunderphonics album, and I won't say they did a bad job musically, but I wouldn't applaud them in this area either. Overall, it's an great record in narrative but a decent record musically.
3.5/5
>>
File: 7abb18c7.jpg (432KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
7abb18c7.jpg
432KB, 620x620px
this was super happy and cheesy

nothing great but I had fun listening to it so I'll give it a 6
>>
File: fish vs trip 2017.jpg (1MB, 1558x2700px) Image search: [Google]
fish vs trip 2017.jpg
1MB, 1558x2700px
>dedekind cut - the expanding domain
this is quite good. compelling musical ideas + varied/interesting textures = good electronic stuff.
>>
File: BreeBorm.png (3MB, 2540x1340px) Image search: [Google]
BreeBorm.png
3MB, 2540x1340px
back for another round of blapp loves every album
>Canaxis 5
super mindbending plunderphonic-type ambient stuff. rod has a rym review that sums it up better than i can.
>Unwound - Leaves Turn Inside You
ok.. i dont think i get it, guys. it sounds like something i should really like, but it just didnt click for me. its nothing like fake train. the long songs were awesome, but im trying to get a grip on the other songs. i just feel like im missing something. idk. ill keep listening.
3.0+
>Solex - Low Kick and Hard Bop
really fun album. i loved the mashup of different genres in its plunderphonic styles, and the vocals were tight too. it had a sweet groove throughout, and its really dense.
>Vaperror - Acid Arcadia
damn, this was more dense then i thought itd be. its super textured and layered and fun, im upset i missed this last year.
>Polly Bradfield - Solo Violin Improvisations
I got really lost in this album. I didn't even realize when it ended. I'm no violin player, but I was definitely racking my brain on how she made some of the noises on this album..
3.5-
>Don Cherry - Eternal Rhythm
Yeah, I can't pick between this and Mu for the better album, they both just kick so much ass. I love the addition of Gamelan on this album, and even though its free jazz, it finds itself in these awesome grooves so often, especially towards the end of the second part. Just awesome all around.
3.5+
>No Trend - Too Many Humans
yeah, its an alright album, but it absolutely reeks of Flipper. i dont see why i would listen to this over Flipper, in fact. i listened on youtube and the up next video was flipper. one of the "right now on ebay" posts on rym was flipper. moral of the story: just listen to flipper, like im doing right now.
>>
>>72936189
good post read it like the newspaper and I agree with everything you said, also surprised to someone else with similar taste noticed vaperror
>>
>>72936189
Shit I missed your thoughts on Mindly Rotten, glad you liked it though
>>
>>72936225
lol thanks
id say vaperror is decently popular with the other guys in this thread, at least acid arcadia is.
>>72936251
my thoughts were basically the same as the review u wrote for it. super fun album.
btw you should hear sadness will prevail by today is the day. ive been listening to it a lot recently and i think youd get a kick.
>>
>>72936189
i think leaves is a slow burner for sure, it was for me at least
there was just one listen where i realized something along the lines of "these are all great songs wtf"
>>
>>72936368
yeah fake train was kinda like that for me, now i love it. im just gonna keep listening to leaves and if it doesnt click after 3-4 listens or so, ill give up.
>>
>>72934196
>Hot Rats
no
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUTKTk60aGk

hmmmmm
>>
>>72937621
9/10
not even joking
>>
>>72937548
i love how good of a jazzlord repellant hot rats is
>>
>>72937621
half way through
best first impression im getting from a DG thing in a whiiile
>>
>>72937621
Holy fucking shit I had a dream that DG released something last night. It was vivid too.
>>
>>72937621
the ENERGY
>>
>>72937621
didn't this band "break up" a couple years ago lmao

great release though damn
>>
>>72937790
pls dream im rich or smthn thanks

>>72935580
i live here so shoot if you got questions
also depends on what kind of trip youre on
>>
>>72937979
its jst a casual vacation
any "insider tips" or "iceland essential sights"
>>
>>72937621
oh hey
neato
>>
>>72937621
>Crouching Tiger Hidden Gabber Megamix
best death grips title yet
>>
>>72938036
Aitt here are some pointers

Cool shit is mostly outside of reykjavik like gullfoss and geysir though they are swarming with tourists, still worth seeing but you can look into attractions around town to find stuff that looks interesting but isnt as popular if youre more into that since there are plenty.

I'd highly recc renting a car, if thats not possible some sort of bus trip could be worth it I imagine, blue lagoon is alright too but I can't say if its worth visiting cause I don't remember anymore how I felt about it initially. Skip anything to do with northern lights, its summer there aren't any at the moment.

Ask a local to add you to a facebook group called skuttlarar, its something like uber to an extent but through a big facebook group that like 1/3rd of the population is in. There's usually at least someone giving rides available and it's ~3x cheaper than taxis which are stupid expensive here.

In general everything is very expensive, like really really expensive. Don't buy any clothes unless thrifting and check trip advisor for dining places that won't bankrupt you. Also never buy in 10/11 stores they are tourist traps and if youre going to drink stock up on booze in duty free or better yet at home and bring a hipflask to hide in your jacket pocket when downtown, a shitty lager at a bar will run you 10 bucks here, maybe a little less on happy hour same with shots. Of course if money isnt an issue most of this isn't useful but some may be good to know.
>>
File: death grips without mcdonalds.jpg (379KB, 861x480px) Image search: [Google]
death grips without mcdonalds.jpg
379KB, 861x480px
Just remembered

>Named the album Cherry Bomb because Greatest Hits sounded boring

out of nowhere today and laughed out loud
>>
>>72938500
moz is a big boy
>>
>>72938500
>death grips without mcdonalds
huh
>>
>>72938696
he likes mcdonalds can u blame him

>>72938704
MC Donalds isn't there
>>
>>72938478
thanks a lot dude
super helpful
>>
>>72938863
np if you have some questions or something I know the town pretty well and am lurking here more again so shoot whenever
>>
>>72935580
Shit, been there for extended periods twice. Favorite place in the world. Golden Circle, Vík, Isafjordur. These are the places to see. Plenty of cool coffee shops to hang out in. Perfect place to relax, regardless of what you do
>>
>>72939330
sounds great
i've been really looking forward to it
>>
File: free6m.png (2MB, 1940x1940px) Image search: [Google]
free6m.png
2MB, 1940x1940px
Michal Urbaniak’s Group - Live Recording: Polish Jazz 24 (1971)
>Jazz Fusion, Jazz

Weird listen. It’s hard to place this album on the spectrum of free improvisation to elevator music, as it features a peculiar mix of ideas that often clash unusually. The songs on this set have an audible monotony about them, and I found it often losing my engagement. The improvisational elements come off as too calculated, and the lack of interplay unfortunately places this farther toward fusion than jazz. The band is perfectly capable, but their musical capabilities don’t shine through exceptionally well in this recording. The set certainly grooves, but it’s much too safe and subdued to reach any meaningful height.

5.5 /10
(*better than Hot Rats)
>>
Best new OP image oh my god
>Thotology
>>
http://i.imgur.com/zqhXdu1.jpg

Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds - Murder Ballads (1996)
>alternative rock, singer/songwriter

Judging by my love for Skeleton Tree and literally nothing else Cave has ever done, I adore him as a personal songwriter. He can make his voice really heartbreakingly gruff, and he knows the exact way to drop a line or change a melody so that it packs the most emotional punch. His character/story based songwriting is a lot more hit or miss, and this album is a whole lot of misses. If he played it straight it could be pretty good, but the attempts at vulgar humor are really lousy and they take me out of the worlds Cave creates. There is some really good storytelling here, but this humor and Cave’s various hammy voices really hurt the experience. The music is also pretty unmemorable, there are some decent melodies here and there but it’s mostly standard piano-based singer/songwriter. There’s a punky explosion on “The Curse of Millhaven” that’s really cool, but it’s the only memorable musical moment on the album. PJ Harvey and Kylie Minogue’s vocal appearances make me went them to do music in this style, because Cave’s performance is too damn hammy for me.

2.0+
>>
File: 1477978951807.jpg (58KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1477978951807.jpg
58KB, 720x960px
This Ukrainian singer/songwriter looks like that girl in the reaction image Comet likes to post

>>72939611
this kills the s
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUqH6Weyr2M

whomst bumping that good shit

>>72939611
>Murder ballads is the best cage album
STOP PERPETUATING THIS MEME

I M M E D I A T E L Y

>>72939804
everyone knows smegma has shit taste outside of 60s jazz
>>
File: Ciccolini.jpg (205KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Ciccolini.jpg
205KB, 600x600px
Does anyone on /daily/ happen to have a DL link to pic related? I checked Soulseek and the archives but searching for classical pieces frustrates the shit out of me for some reason
>>
>>72939927
It's on rutracker but only at 192kbps
>>
>>72939989
The Ciccolini version? Do you have a link? I can't seem to find it through the search bar
>>
>>72940160
https://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=99040
>>
>>72940188
Awesome thank you man!
>>
File: IMG_8209.jpg (55KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8209.jpg
55KB, 500x281px
When a NIGGER gon do it
>>
File: two good songs.jpg (628KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
two good songs.jpg
628KB, 600x600px
This has two good songs and otherwise is kinda bad.
>>
>>72940304
Yeah literally that. It's a step in the right direction though. Even for mainstream music, maybe
>>
>>72940459
for real like it's totally not that bad. I really liked Me and Your Mama and Redbone, but I just wish these Alt-R&B Neo-Soul artists could make an album with more than a couple good tracks because they're obviously really talented. Best Gambino album by far for sure though.
>>
>>72933147
Glad you liked it! You might wanna check out Anthony Braxton's stuff. Kinda surprised you didnt like the beginning since its very atmospheric and dark.

Now relisten to This Heat.
>>
dailycore2.jpg
4MB, 2766x4155px
>The Velvet Underground - White Light / White Heat
There are a lot of albums like this, "classic" and almost universally loved albums that I haven't heard for whatever reason, even while having over 1K ratings. These are the albums that people hear when they're first getting into music, albums that open the world of music to most people. This is just some weird opinion/ theory, so take it with a grain of salt.. but I feel like a lot of the time I don't love these albums as much because I hear them so late, after already being exposed to stuff that stretches and builds upon what these classic albums layed the foundation for. I really couldn't see myself having more than having a moderate enjoyment for this. There's noisier, there's punkier, there's more experimental. Would I have absolutely fallen in love with this, had I heard it when I hadn't already jumped into the medium, the time when most people first hear it? Maybe, at least that's my theory. I feel obliged to like it, because it's one of "those albums", the ones that, you know, are amazing right? To me, trying my hardest to not get peer-pressured into liking it.. I think it's very solid, not phenomenal. I don't know, maybe I need to relisten to it or something... I do damn wish I had heard it a long time ago anyway.
A quick clarification: PLEASE PLEASE don't interpret that "theory" as me saying that only people who haven't listened to much music can love this. I have a high appreciation and respect towards this album. From observation, it just seems to me that classics like these typically tend to be monumental turning points and eye-openers in someone's personal musical journey, and for me it just wasn't.
3/5
>Vladimir Spivakov / Sergej Bezrodny / Dietmar Schwalke / Alexander Malter - Alina
So light :) so airy :).. fuck I love this. Peaceful perfection.
4.5/5
>>
fuck, that was for Benny Profane. Overall: 3.33
>>
File: 1488722594339.jpg (60KB, 720x817px) Image search: [Google]
1488722594339.jpg
60KB, 720x817px
>>72941876
Oh boy, here we go again
>>
>>72940304
i agreed at first but gave it another listen
the only songs i would really call straight up bad are california and terrified
the rest are decent or really really good (especially me and your mama, redbone, stand tall, baby boy, and zombies)
>>
Y does coop look like Glenn Danzig in the new Twin Peaks

>>72941876
I wish you would've talked about the actual music in WL/WH so I could see what you liked/disliked. Even if you don't like the rest of it, I don't see how someone could dislike Sister Ray, especially someone who's such a big fan of '77 Live. Definitely not something I see as an objective 10, but I would strongly urge you come back to it at some point.

I'd love to hear onions on Duster, Future Days, and Terminus' other albums. All of those I could see you loving.
>>
File: 1489975529858.png (242KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1489975529858.png
242KB, 800x800px
>>72942015
HELLOOOOOOooooo-OOOOOOOOO
>>
>>72936327
I've been meaning to listen to it, but have been put off mainly because of its length
>>72941981
pretty much
>>72940988
I probably should relisten to This Heat huh
>>72942015
`77 Live was a lot more noisier, more raw, better vocals (all just my onion). I'll for sure come back to it eventually

I'll do Terminus next
>>
>>72942052
I really hope the rest of the plot of TP isn't driven by spoopy blacc lodgue majik that they never explain and they stop ruining great characters. Like I know Lynch isn't a lore/world-builder and probably doesn't want to be, but I just want some decent character interaction is that too much to ask for.

I was actually really sad how much I hated Andy and Lucy in the new show despite them being my favorites in the old show.

I wish the show had good music again too :/ least favorite part of the show by far is that it's just the title theme then a 50-minute shitty drone track in the background.

Idc if it's like the old show and I'm glad it's not constant fan service but I'm just a little disappointed after literally everyone had nothing but good things to say about it and I didn't really care for it.

>>72942068
if u are mean to Termi he will go poo poo pee pee pls be nice ;(
>>
>>72942183
Really? Most people I know hated it. It reminds me a lot of Inland Empire so far, which I liked.
>>
One thing about WL/WH, I feel like I might enjoy it if I blared it through speakers. My headphones don't play that loud, maybe I need to switch and just turn blast it
>>
>>72942240
I'm struggling to find anyone that disliked it at all. Were all those people previous TP fans? Definitely gives Inland Empire + Eraserheads, but I think it feels more hodgepodgey and less cohesive than any of those.

Even just searching online gives pretty much entirely positive reviews: https://twitter.com/search?q=%23twinpeaks&src=tyah

Idk I hope to like more of it and I certainly didn't HATE it, I was just a bit disappointed. Best think I can absolutely say is that 1) it thankfully isn't just fan service and 2) I have absolutely no idea what's going to happen next which keeps me really hopeful.

>>72942306
fucking BLAST Sister Ray bruv

it's flippin' DING DONG
>>
>>72942306
>just turn blast it
I'm really tired
>>
File: BIH.jpg (575KB, 1431x704px) Image search: [Google]
BIH.jpg
575KB, 1431x704px
>>72942395
BIH BLAST THAT JOINT RN
>>
>>72941876
>>72942015
added more to my rym review after realizing i didn't really discuss the music itself that much

Blogging aside, this is an important moment in music, and I would say, if objectivity existed in music, that this is a great album overall. These tracks were very solid, and something I would enjoy listening to in the car or as background music, but not something I would be encapsulated by when sitting down and just listening to. I do love the sort of degenerate and raw aesthetic this has, but I do think this aesthetic is better painted in many other records. Not to say I don't enjoy anything that isn't extreme, as this in my eyes definitely isn't, but the tracks simply weren't all that enjoyable to listen to. My biggest grips is on "The Gift", which felt like an 8 minute waste of time that was completely out of place.. was not fun at all to listen to spoken word in context of the rest of the tracks. High points included the title track and "Sister Ray", the former being something I could definitely jam to while driving and providing the peak of the aesthetic they were aiming for. It was fun, it was juvenile, and it was very catchy. "Sister Ray" was the noisiest track, which of course was what I was looking for in the first 5 tracks (it still could have been noisier, but whatever). The last thing I'd like to mention that I enjoyed was the rebellious and deadpan vocals of Lou Reed, not many can pull it off like he can.
>>
i made more "music" that's partially generative

https://clyp.it/2c3324cg
>>
>>72942388
Most of the people I know only liked the original because of the comfy, which is probably why.

My biggest gripe was that none of the new musicians compare to Julee Cruise. And the amount of locations it sprawls is a bit much, and the Black Lodge has lost too much mystery.
>>
File: ree.png (1MB, 1600x1150px) Image search: [Google]
ree.png
1MB, 1600x1150px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uhy_e5wIX44

i really like this remix
>>
File: miles smiles.jpg (2MB, 3000x2491px) Image search: [Google]
miles smiles.jpg
2MB, 3000x2491px
>>72942511
>mfw new TP season's music will just be theme + 50 minutes of drone + shitty indie pop band
angelo come back :(
>>
Hey, i finished AnCo’s main discog!

http://i.imgur.com/QSyDW0w.jpg

Animal Collective - Centipede Hz (2012)
>neo-psychedelia

It’s so damn formualic: psychedelic synths, tribal drums, screaming vocals from Avey, repeat a dozen or so times and bam, Centipede Hz. The opening couple tracks are pretty good, the powerful “Moonjock” and the frenetic “Today’s Supernatural” especially, but these two tracks lay out the foundation that the whole album rests on, and it gets insanely tiring and monotonous. Deakin’s vocal turn on “Wide Eyed” is nice, but the song goes on for too long, and Panda’s drumming is exceptional, but he pulls the same tricks on every track, it’s not as inventive or interesting as it is on Spirit They’re Gone, Spirit They’ve Vanished or Strawberry Jam. I don’t get /all/ the hate it gets, but it’s definitely one of their weaker efforts.

2.0+

Everything but the Girl - Eden (1984)
>jazz pop, sophisti-pop, indie pop

This is twee sophisti-pop, so it’s the chillest, most easy-listening album ever recorded. It’s not the most substantial record, or the most inventive, but it’s so gosh-darned /enjoyable/ in every sense of the world. Thorn has an incredibly pleasant, expressive voice; the instrumentation is cool, bringing jazz and bossa nova into the fray with ease; and the songwriting is simple and concise. There are some jammier tracks here and there that definitely eclipse the shorter tracks, but the shorter tracks are still so affable and pleasant.

http://i.imgur.com/BEZC8wL.jpg

(Sandy) Alex G - Rocket (2017)
>indie folk, indie pop

Half a simple, jangly, alt-country album, half a weird, hard-edged electronic album. Alex G’s electronic experimentation doesn’t work out all to well, it’s messy and it’s unfocused, but at least it produced a great, industrial-influenced track in “Brick”. The country is generic, but it’s well done and super comfy, boasting great guitar work. Probably the best album of Alex G’s so far.

>>
>>72942485
heeey this is p cool
>>72942512
heeey this is not so cool
>>
>>72942610
no mention of amanita baka
>>
Update to dailycore chart:
>Removed This Heat's rating (2.5), removing theSound's overall rating.
>Removed Down Colorful Hill's rating (2.5) from Terminus' three albums.
Felt like I needed to relisten to both of these albums, since it's been forever. I'll listen to This Heat tomorrow, and start (maybe finish) Terminus tomorrow as well. When I'm completely done with the chart, chances are I'll go back and relisten to at least a few albums, so your rating atm might not be final
>>
>>72942713
Amanita was alright, still thought it was kinda formulaic though.
>>
>>72942813
:( shame ya didn't like it more. the end of amanita always gives me goosebumps
>>
File: free.png (17KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
free.png
17KB, 1500x1500px
Hey /daily/, i've been really busy with real life stuff and ended up not really listening to any new music for the last few months. I started to miss listening to new stuff so i'm rejoining this thread and am gonna try out the freeform chart thing so I can just listen to whatever I want without feeling like I need to finish charts that I make.

>Duster - 1975 (1999)
I don't know why i put off listening to this thing for so long because it actually ended up being really enjoyable. There is a lot of experimentation with different electronic sounds which reminded me of Sideria, the final song on Stratosphere. The opening song, Irato, starts pretty bizarrely with a bunch of bleep bloop sounds that are almost comedic because of how simple they are. The guitar part then gets added in and it somehow blends super well with the beat the electronic sounds set up. I also really liked the electronic break in the middle of "The Motion Picture" and how it was still able to capture the spaced out Duster that I know and love. One complaint that I have is that the guitar tone on the whole EP is not as warm as on their other releases and it doesn't have as full a sound. Also, i wasn't a huge fan of the beginning of August Relativity that had a guitar part that sounded like it was being played in reverse. The end of the song started to feel more cohesive and really salvaged the song though. As always Clay's voice is just as amazing on this EP as it is on all their other stuff i've heard. [7/10]
Favorite Track: And Things (Are Mostly Ghosts)
>>
>>72942557
Yeah the soundtrack is the worst aspect of the new season for sure since it is so one note, but I guess it is fitting. Also, I kind of agree on the spoopy black lodge stuff. It was fun during the season 2 finale and shocking that it was aired on network television at the time. I think it has kind of lost its charm and doesn't work when too many scenes take place there. The talking backwards thing I always thought was cheesy as fuck. However, that tree thing is awesome, and I do love the aesthetic of the black lodge in general.

As for everything else, I have zero complaints. I adored the meta statement of the glass box. I love how Lynchian it is in general, with the acting styles, the sparse humor, the excruciatingly long takes, etc. I do somewhat miss the classic old Twin Peaks character interactions, but I can do without them.
>>
File: 2234187.jpg (81KB, 500x505px) Image search: [Google]
2234187.jpg
81KB, 500x505px
FUCK i cant get over how good this joint is rn
>>
anybody know any visual albums besides this and oddsac?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SDa_Jqmuiw&t=6s
>>
>>72945243
Beyonce's Lemonade.
>>
>>72945264
nice, forgot she did that her s/t is too i think
>>
>>72945243
Interstella 5555
>>
File: 2424635.jpg (23KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
2424635.jpg
23KB, 300x300px
Glad I came back to Walker, didn't care for his baroque period much and this flips things around nicely.
Especially had issues with the more typical 60's pop sounding songs that at times cropped up which is a non issue here and more often with the melodies certain songs were built on which is mostly a non issue here.

Its a far departure but works exceedlingly well. Scott's voice fits a phantom of the opera setting and the instrumentation keeps up. I love the moment the drums come in on the cockfighter and in general the drum machines across most the songs add to them.

Too bad about the lame underdone ending, there are also other misses especially the whole of Bouncer see Bouncer which doesn't have anything going for it but still runs for almost 9 minutes being essentially filler. Regardless even if a lot of it isn't flat out amazing its usually serviceable and often good with scattered moments of greatness which are also growing on me with each listen.

3.5- excited to hear his newer albums
>>
File: summer chart.jpg (2MB, 2369x1372px) Image search: [Google]
summer chart.jpg
2MB, 2369x1372px
not good with charts so I don't do them usually but its summer and I got more time so will try and start one
recc me what to listen to first
>>
>>72946113
Handy!
>>
>>72943845
dude weed lmao
>>
>>72942725
also update:
>replace Ruiner with Career Suicide
>replace TttS with A Flash Flood of Colour
of course everyone who'se've listened to the previous also has to listen to those xP
>>
>>72939927
its on spotify
>>
>>72942725
>2.5 for Down Colorful Hill
are you even sad
>>
File: relisten chart 3.png (2MB, 2151x1372px) Image search: [Google]
relisten chart 3.png
2MB, 2151x1372px
David Bowie - "Heroes"
Ambient tracks, while weren't necessarily outstanding, fit in pretty good. Everything else for me had some kind of a bittersweet impression - like I know it's good and it's catchy, but still there's something not quite right for me. Except the last one, it's my favorite song of Bowie's.

Mainliner - Mellow Out
It's decent, sounding good and all. Instrument proficiency is rather obvious. A little bit boring sometimes though.

PJ Harvey - Let England Shake
Ye, it's a timeless classic, etc. Weren't enough passion here for me, even though it's an album of outstanding quality for something so pop.
>>
>>72948443
let england shake that booty tho innit haha alright talk to you later
>>
File: 3140905-3476187341-the-m.jpg (74KB, 480x300px) Image search: [Google]
3140905-3476187341-the-m.jpg
74KB, 480x300px
>>72935974
>3.17
I'll take it! That's some good writing, my dude. Glad you liked it. Seriously, if you can get your hands on a copy of the book, it's fucking amazing.
>>
File: haha1.jpg (19KB, 209x211px) Image search: [Google]
haha1.jpg
19KB, 209x211px
>>72939804
haha she do
>>
File: ghetto spongebob.jpg (111KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ghetto spongebob.jpg
111KB, 1440x1080px
>>72936189
>ill keep listening.
yeah u should, it's not a very immediate album imo, takes some getting into but once it clicks it clicks hard

also, check out No Trend's Teen Love, better and more unique than TMH

>>72939611
>my love for Skeleton Tree and literally nothing else Cave has ever done
what the fucking shit how can you be this wrong, Skeleton Tree might be his worst album to date

anyway, judging by your RYM, you have avoided exactly those Nick Cave albums you would enjoy. No More Shall We Part, The Boatman's Call, Push the Sky Away, that stuff might resonate with you a bit more

>>72942052
M I S T E R J A C K P O T S

>>72942068
>I'll do Terminus next
;)

>>72942183
>if u are mean to Termi he will go poo poo pee pee
this is true, and not false

btw new twink peaks is good dont be a meme, altho i do hope autistic coop doesn't last a whole lot longer since you can only do so much with that. Just shove nostalgia aside and enjoy the new TP for what it is
>>
>>72948720
mh dk
>>
File: brian pillman gun 3.gif (2MB, 260x195px) Image search: [Google]
brian pillman gun 3.gif
2MB, 260x195px
>>72942015
>Glenn Danzig is in the new Twin Peaks
YOU BASTARD
>>
Can anyone recc me something similiar to this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QetWu1ayous
>>
Recc me some essential synthpop. only listened to dm so far. Also, are kraftwerk considered synthpop?
>>
>>72950151
Tears for Fears - Songs From the Big Chair
>>
>>72950151
Not exactly essential but good imo

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/washed_out/life_of_leisure/
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/strfkr/reptilians/
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/east-india-youth/total-strife-forever/
>>
>>72948802
outside of skeleton tree I'm going thru his discog chronologically, so I'll get to those soon.

>>72950151
Yeah kraftwerk are synthpop

try some new order
>>
>>72946389
I wasn't even talking about a weed joint, I was talking about the album in the pic
>>
>>72950151
Yellow Magic Orchestra - Solid State Survivor
Beach Boys - Love You
>>
>>72941876
nah you just have shit taste breh ;)
>>
>>72941876
i was joking but i can't really understand how anyone can think '77 Live is a 10 and have such a lukewarm response to WL/WH unless they're a weeb desu
>>
>>72950151
The Knife - Shaking The Habitual
>>
>>72948802
yeah i heard teen love on plug actually, i really liked that one.
term as soon as leaves clicks for me i will report to u
>>72941876
raises an interesting thought
do you guys think the time you listen to an album affects yr first opinion on it? i wonder if my favorite albums would be different if i had heard other similar albums before i heard them.
or like i was saying with flipper and no trend, would i have enjoyed no trend more if i hadn't heard flipper?
white light/white heat is amazing tho, objectively and subjectively.
>>
Last 2 days of hardcore 14 hour work days before flight to US on Friday. Total destruction during the weekend before 2 more weeks of suffering.

At least I got nice memes prepared for the flight!
>>
>>72948802
>Just shove nostalgia aside and enjoy the new TP for what it is
like I said, I don't care. The OG Twin Peaks isn't even THAT good, even though a lot of it is amazing. Remember that disaster of a 2nd season? I'm thankful the new one is completely under Lynch's control but it's just not entertaining to me. It's a lot of slow, pseudo-mystical, drone-filled bullshit.

The 4th episode had one scene I really liked in particular: The breakfast scene with music and character interaction and a set-up joke. It's like they tried or something.
>>
>>72951909
is it really onto episode 4 already the heck
>>
>>72952001
They dropped 4 episodes at once on Showtime, but I'm not sure what the release schedule is.
>>
>>72952026
jeez i'd seen they'd released 2 eps, need to get caught up asap

even though you're kinda shitting on it what you're saying makes me think I'll like it more than the original, I like the slow mystical shit a lot more than the character drama
>>
http://i.imgur.com/REQca39.jpg

Richard Harris - A Tramp Shining (1968)
>easy listening, pop

A kitschy as fuck pop album from a guy best known for being in Unforgiven and Harry Potter. It’s easy to see that Harris is a better actor than he is a singer, because his performances do absolutely nothing here. He’s the archetypal ‘60s orchestral pop singer, bombastic and powerful without showing any real emotion, more cheesy and corny than emotional. The songs are okay, there are some decent arrangements here and there, but they’re relegated to the shorter tracks, not the insanely fucking bloated “MacArthur Park”. If you like easy listening kitsch, check it out!

2.0+

Amnesia Scanner - AS (2016)
>glitch hop, UK bass

I’ll let an RYM review describe how I feel about this in a way better than I ever could: “...I don't really feel like it all comes together in more than a ‘vaguely interesting Soundcloud mix’ kind of way”. AS Truth, despite being a ten-minute long mixtape, feels more like a completed project than this EP, which is more a collection of cool sounds than anything else. I really dig the more danceable beats, but the industrial stuff isn’t abrasive enough to function well as good industrial and isn’t dancey enough to be good dance music. There’s so much potential here, and it’s a great thing that that potential has actually been realized on later releases.

>>
>>
http://i.imgur.com/CXGuKHj.jpg

Nicolas Jaar - Space Is Only Noise (2011)
>microhouse

Microhouse at it’s sparsest and most minimal. Jaar’s usage of samples is exquisite, and the best part of the album. The samples sound very old, decayed, and crackly, Jaar’s musical space is otherworldy and the samples back that up impeccably. I can’t give the same high remarks to the poppier aspects of this album, though. The vocals aren’t that great, and the tracks that fall under the downtempo/ambient pop umbrella are too sparse for their own good and just not interesting. Veering into more house-based territory does this album good, but the pop aspects (similar to Sirens, which I don’t care much for), hurt the album for me.

2.5+

Metá Metá - MetaL MetaL (2012)
>vanguarda paulista

Forty minutes of some sick jams. Starts off with some really abrasive, percussive stuff that I can’t get into, but it eventually works its way into becoming a really damn cool mixture of Brazillian music and indie rock. It has the abrasiveness of punk, but the instrumentation and the rhythmic nature of MPB. Really cool stuff.

The Pretty Things - S.F. Sorrow (1968)
>psychedelic rock, rock opera

It’s a fairly shitty rock opera when the story-based elements of it make no sense without the liner notes, but the music is good, so whatever. It’s about 10x heavier than I thought it would be, this thing blows the fucking roof off at points. The guitar tone is ultra-sharp and hard rocking, and the songs are pretty fast-paced and thrashy. The poppy songs aren’t as good, but they’re still decent. Concept be damned, this is damn nice.

3.0-
>>
ffss just found out John Cale is playing TVU&N at Liverpool Sound City this weekend and its sold out
>>
>>72953240
Could go down. Scalpers will be likely.
>>
>>72953300
i'm really tempted it's just gonna be pricey but i really want to see him sometime and playing TVU shit would be great
>>
>>72953321
Careful though. Check if the theatre/venue has ID checks for tickets. Some theatres are starting to put this in place, meaning that if you scalp a ticket & don't have the same ID as the person that bought it, you won't be able to get in.

AKA check if that is a thing at the venue before you go out & waste the money.
>>
File: crisp.jpg (40KB, 477x564px) Image search: [Google]
crisp.jpg
40KB, 477x564px
hahaha what a meme lmaaaooo (bump)
>>
>>72954317
holy freaking shit!
>>
>>72931144

I'm so happy owls are still a meme after all these years.
>>
File: IMG_2529.jpg (36KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2529.jpg
36KB, 600x600px
Alessandro Cortini and Merzbow collab

I'm hyped
>>
File: worse.png (2MB, 2600x2600px) Image search: [Google]
worse.png
2MB, 2600x2600px
slow day at the office today
>>
bump it up
>>
>>72955727
what the fuck happened
>>
File: IMG_2191.jpg (33KB, 500x479px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2191.jpg
33KB, 500x479px
>>72955727
>Nina Simone losing to French folk
>Luciano Cilio losing to Japanese art pop

Well now
>>
>>72955895
i dont know didnt have much to do slow day is all
>>
>>72955911
I ain't even made. Maison Rose is great.
>>
>>72955911
cilio was a hack
>>
>>72955925
I'll listen to it myself later

>>72955956
I forgot that /daily/ hates minimalism
>>
>>72946121
on eet

>>72956148
>/daily/ hates minimalism
where did you get that one from
>>
>>72956148
cilio has none of the elements that make minimalism worthwhile tho
>>
>>72955916
No I mean me losing, I think you made an large error >:8|
>>
File: ufokinwot.png (346KB, 443x379px) Image search: [Google]
ufokinwot.png
346KB, 443x379px
>>72956266
>>72955956
>>
>>72956373
ill ask my lawyer i dont think so though
>>
File: v_angry_piggo.png (222KB, 442x317px) Image search: [Google]
v_angry_piggo.png
222KB, 442x317px
>>72956266
>>72955956
>>72956557
>>
File: cat no banana.png (298KB, 402x404px) Image search: [Google]
cat no banana.png
298KB, 402x404px
>>72956632
>>72955727
>Cilio losing to a jap art pop/zolo album
>literally the most mediocre genre ever
hmmm
>>
>>72956681
more like literally the most mediocre composer
>>
File: v_v_v_v_angry_piggo.png (183KB, 442x317px) Image search: [Google]
v_v_v_v_angry_piggo.png
183KB, 442x317px
>>
>>72956819
why don't you listen to your elevator music to calm yourself down
>>
>>72956819
that was my lawyer i guess there was no mistake sorry
>>
>>72956681
For the /daily/ chart, what version does your minor threat pick reference? The first EP/Full Discog Comp/s/t comp
>>
File: maximum_anger.png (4KB, 442x317px) Image search: [Google]
maximum_anger.png
4KB, 442x317px
>>
>>72956929
oh thats a mistake, i recognize now that minor threat is all hype. actually swap it with chappie don cry thanks
>>
>>72957103
This seems like fraud...
>>
>>72957233
Yes, my 4chan account was hacked. It's actually supposed to be Otaku Hearts by LeetStreet Boys
>>
did I win terminus' tourney
>>
>>72956929
Full discog

>>72957264
>>72957103
:(
>>
bad jazz onions coming through
>Art Blakey - Free For All
had a lot of fun listening to this, really energetic and captavating listen. not much else i wanna say
>Astigmatic
yeah idk, i didnt really like this as much as other people on here seem to like it. it kinda bored me. i didnt find much to be unique about it personally, it just didnt grab me. too bad cuz some of the rym reviews put it up there with out to lunch and a love supreme. oh well.
2.5+
>John Coltrane - My Favorite Things
im gonna listen to olatunji as the last of the coltrane albums on this chart, and i started with this one. really love all the improvisations over some classic showtunes, really breathes new life into them. its a super enjoyable listen.
3.5-
next?
>>
File: jazzforyoursoul.png (3MB, 2496x1842px) Image search: [Google]
jazzforyoursoul.png
3MB, 2496x1842px
>>72957853
fuk
>>
>>72957871
Stances a Sophie
>>
>>72957871
Giant steps and Meditations
>>
File: meme5.png (142KB, 500x862px) Image search: [Google]
meme5.png
142KB, 500x862px
~HEY I NOW LIKE WL/WL MORE THAN I INITIALLY DID~

Updated to the dailycore chart:
>Bumped rating of White Light / White Heat to a 3.5, before was 3.0
>Benny Profane's overall score changed to 3.50
After relistening to this a few times, and playing it at a much louder volume, I enjoyed it more than I initially did. Track ratings: White Light / White Heat = Lady Godiva's Operation > Sister Ray > I Heard Her Call My Name > Here She Comes Now > The Gift
>>72946414
idk man I don't think I should change your albums just because I didn't like the ones you initially posted :/
>>72947634
actually yes, just don't really like slowcore

Katie Song is 10/10 though
>>72948708
thanks buddy
>>72951245
>:~(
>>72951344
is `77 Live an anime album or something
>>72951824
ty for acknowledging my thoughts, I thought they were pretty interesting myself
>>
>>72958038
it'll keep ticking up, just keep playing it louder until it's a 5/5

Lester Bangs is usually right
>>
File: Freeform.jpg (2MB, 1560x720px) Image search: [Google]
Freeform.jpg
2MB, 1560x720px
Phew, freeform done!

Frank Zappa - Roxy & Elsewhere
>Jazz-Rock

A nice ‘74 live release in the midst of Zappa’s great fusion era. There’s all sorts of great little dialogue snippets on here that just add to the bizarre atmosphere. He and George Duke (?) talk about smoking a high school diploma (& college one too which is actually hilarious), the ridiculousness of cheap horror movies on “Cheepnis” and the explains the turkey raising of “Village of the Sun”. Throughout the whole thing, there’s a real funky atmosphere, with plenty of weird instrumentation and awesome playing. The brass section is particularly impressive, jumping in subtly and only when it feels absolutely needed. I also love most of the little synth/keyboard passages as well. Zappa always manages to throw in xylophone at the perfect moments too - consistently my favorite part of his albums.

At some point, I almost forgot this was live, the quality is damn solid. A lot of what I like about Zappa’s fusion era is all over this, with so many ideas packed into songs like “Echidna’s Arf (Of You)”. “Don’t You Ever Wash That Thing” also has some phenomenal soloing/ridiculous drumming. And the closer “Be-Bop Tango” is just straight up bizarre but hilarious man. There’s some moments of zaniness but for the most part, they flow shockingly well. Even if it’s a bit much, there’s impressive playing all throughout. I recently tried drumming along with one of my friends as he was playing some odd rhythms and man I appreciate shit like this so much more now.

Overall, there’s some fantastic ideas packed into this one. The free-flowing feel of this is pretty unique, even for a live album, as the guys just segue effortlessly from one new idea to the next. As with most Zappa, there’s a bit too many eccentric moments thrown in the mix but it wouldn’t be the same without them. And maybe that’s just personal preference speaking. Great stuff overall though.

3.5/5
>>
>>72958038
yes Mizutani is a cute moe anime girl and the objectively best girl in the Hai-Hai Japanese Avant-Meme anime
>>
>>72958159
idk what any of this means desu
>>
im having a hard night and need something to cheer me up please
>>
>>72958326
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9FbvYFZZlE
>>
>>72958326
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/jorge-ben/africa-brasil/
>>
>>72958102
cool review ;3

>>72958326
THIS >>72958355
>>
>Jim O'Rouke - Eureka
>Chamber Folk

There's an undeniable cheesiness to O'Rouke in all of his music. Embracing major chord melodies, the lap steel guitar with it's Country connotation... you can't help but approach any sort of American Primitivism album WITHOUT any previous biases towards a white guy playing guitar. Combining that with the undoubtable negative view on people as a whole, and the glitter of the instrumentation feels a bit disingenuous.

Eureka takes the progressive melodies of Bad Timing and fills them with all kinds of orchestral features: the glockenspiel, string section, and SLIGHT touch of synth in the opening track is jubilant. The reversed guitar samples in the transition to the next track. The chorus that repeats the song's single line of lyrics is catchy... but those lyrics

not quite sure why he did that

Ghost Ship In A Storm's got a shaker, drum set, piano, and electric/acoustic, as a song about having a shitty day. It establishes the album's theme, but isn't much in terms of songwriting.

Movie on the Way Down is pleasant lounge jazz, whilst showcasing some of O'Rouke's electronic workings. It isn't really structured as a pop song, per se, as the guitar strums and pop lightly like a dying fireplace. The misanthropic lyrics aren't unexpected from O'Rouke's personality, black paint splattered over the light pastel of the album.

Through The Night Softly sounds like it comes straight out of some sort of teen love movie, and Please Patronize Our Sponsors is where I realized O'Rouke likes to use solo piano to quietly move between "movements" of each track.

[1/2]
>>
File: rip my curve.png (3MB, 2661x1680px) Image search: [Google]
rip my curve.png
3MB, 2661x1680px
I didn't know simply piano and guitar would make such a wonderful combination, but damn! I was expecting Undercurrents to only be well-known for its cover art, but the music backs up its reputation. Seriously, the interplay between Evans and Hall is something to behold. Could see this going up more in the future.

Idle Moments was some good chilled-out guitar jazz. Nothing to complain about here.

Speak No Evil was disappointing for me. Nothing jumped out at me and it just felt like a standard, boring bop album. I love Shorter's work on other albums but he doesn't stand out as a great leader on this album.

what next motherfuckers
>>
File: Cover.jpg (153KB, 600x595px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
153KB, 600x595px
>>72958326
>>
File: jazz.png (872KB, 855x1202px) Image search: [Google]
jazz.png
872KB, 855x1202px
Rate my meme
>>
File: DailyTOPAccel.png (2MB, 3168x756px) Image search: [Google]
DailyTOPAccel.png
2MB, 3168x756px
>>72958479
Something Big is a mindlessly happy tune (on purpose, of course) stroll down a suburban lane, midday. The eccentric female vocals with O'Rouke's reminds me of older Dirty Projectors; the tremolo they add to their lines keeps it barely above a Disney soundtrackc demo.

The album-titled track is probably the most genuine sounding piece of music on here, likely because how similar it is to some of O'Rouke's older body of work. And at that, Happy Holidays quickly finishes the album in a short paragraph, and O'Rouke's voice actually seems to reach above the tenor it has been comfortably sitting at for most of the album.

When O'Rouke was asked why he doesn't like Eureka:
>Well, it’s not like I like anything I’ve done. But I just don’t like how [Eureka] sounds. I know I had nothing to work with at the time, but it just sounds cheap to me. And I don’t think I was there yet with lyrics. I think they’re kind of clumsy. I know the record meant something to a lot of people, which is nice. But I rarely like anything of my own.

>I don’t think the reason to make records for myself is to like them. But I can’t comprehend why people like that one. I can, but I can’t. It makes me question what people are hearing. If they’re hearing things in a way that isn’t necessarily what I was trying to do, then I failed. In a way, that record represents a real failure for me.

In that sense, I can compare this album to Penguin Cafe - A Matter of Life. Ornate and empty, with an idea of direction.

6/10
>>
>>72958518
Hmm I'm not a meme expert but I would swap the last two.
5/10
>>
>>72958420
Thanks man, glad you liked it! Was gonna try to make it a more in-depth review but I've been so tired and burnt out on writing these past few days idk
>>
>>72958518
where's skronk
>>
https://plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

join the plug please
>>
>>72943027
Ay just noticed this. Welcome back man, I was wondering what happened you
>>
>>72958518
The universe one should be bleeps
>>
File: BacklogAccel.jpg (3MB, 2907x1680px) Image search: [Google]
BacklogAccel.jpg
3MB, 2907x1680px
new chart new chart

picked some stuff i knew people here liked already
>>
not gonna be depressed, gonna take myself out on a date instead. gonna get a nice dinner out and see what 33⅓ books are for sale at the local bookstore. thanks /daily/ boys

>>72958340
nice
>>72958355
heard it, like it
>>72958485
maybe later

>>72958518
burpz n fartz
>>
dailycore2.jpg
4MB, 2766x4155px
theSound part 2, after going back and relistening to This Heat's s/t. Overall: 3.67
>This Heat - This Heat
I heard this about a year ago, didn't like it, and gave it a 2.5/5. I enjoyed it more this time than I did initially, but fuck I STILL DON'T GET IT. To start, the most favorited track, "Horizontal Hold" (track rating of 4.5) left me confused as to why it was so loved. It just felt like an uninteresting groove that didn't pull me in, and I really did think for a decent amount of time what people are seeing in this track specifically that I am not. So I kept listening, and most of it continued to lose my interest, my least favorite parts being the kraut-y sections. There were moments that made me rethink my prevalent opinion of this album however, specifically the tracks "Water", "24 Track Loop", and "Music Like Escaping Gas". These were all actually really cool, especially as an idea. I genuinely preferred the tape music/ musique concrete sections, which I wish there was more of.
3/5
>>
japanese pro wrestling theme songs ar egood
>>
>>72959363
Wrestling is gay
>>
>>72959208
dude horizontal hold is far from an uninteresting groove, that track changes up like 7 times.
this heat is a tough listen, it took a few tries for it to click for me too, but horizontal hold clicked for me from the start.
that may be because i played xxx by danny brown really heavily before i discovered the album tho
>>
>>72959208
Hey at least you gave it another shot. I knew you'd have to like some of it, especially the musique concrete stuff since you love Not Available and both have suffocatingly dark atmospheres. And honestly I'm happy you like the songs you mentioned that you like because most people hate them and I don't see why.

As for not getting Horizontal Hold, I'm not sure how to explain it but that song is fucking nuts and there's nothing that comes close to it. I'm hesitant to use the word "deconstruction" because it's a meme word but I feel like it appropriately describes what is going on in that track. That goes for the whole album imo. It's so alien and otherworldly and absorbing. Almost has ASMR like effects to me but that's probably personal. It's a grower for sure but so are pretty much all of my favorite albums so again that's probably personal.
>>
>>72958038
i just listen to Career Suicide more atm :|
it's definitely better than this heat or velvet underground and you let yourself be peer'd into shooting those another time too!
>>
File: free.png (94KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
free.png
94KB, 1500x1500px
>Gas - Gas 0095 (1995)
What struck me most about this album was how layered the production was on all the songs. There is a ton of subtle stuff going on in the background that really helps to craft a spacey and alien atmosphere. I also really enjoyed how the tracks functioned well as ambient music while still being groovy enough to be danced to. I wasn't a huge fan of the vocal samples used towards the back half of the album and wish the whole thing had been instrumental. [6/10]

>>72958604
Thanks for the welcome, I had just gotten pretty burned out on music and 4chan in general and am just now getting back into it. Any must listen stuff you discovered within the last few months?
>>
>>72959208
it's also worth noting that this heat's s/t is another one of those "objectively good" albums like white light/white heat. it's tough, but it's so different and influential. deceit is way easier and more enjoyable though
>>72959577
>most people hate them
i know you probably don't mean this song, but i thought 24 track loop is a common favorite?
>>
>>72959641
Yeah mostly was referring to music like escaping gas 24 track loop is prob most people's 2nd fav
>>
http://i.imgur.com/MmLHfbl.jpg

Brian Wilson - Smile (2004)
>psychedelic pop, baroque pop, art pop

The songs are obviously good, but the produciton and the performances leave a lot to be desired, and this whole thing is pretty much rendered obsolete by The Smile Sessions. Wilson’s vocals are great considering how much they’ve deteriorated over time, and the arrangements are mostly intact, but the production is godawful, overly sterile and weirdly dated sounding, which is weird considering how timeless the Sessions sound. “Mrs. O'Leary's Cow” is done one better, but that’s the only track I can really see as having improved, every other recording here is distinctly, obviously inferior to it’s original version. The “Heroes and Villains” rendition is especially poor. Really cool as a historical piece, especially since the Sessions would’ve never been released without this album, but it’s pretty much worthless now.

2.0+

Teenage Fanclub - Grand Prix (1995)
>power pop, jangle pop

More bonafide power pop perfection. I fucking adore Bandwagonesque, and while this may lack some of the gritty, noisy undertones of that album, it more than makes up for it with some of the catchiest hooks ever written. I’ve made a point of how I don’t care for jangle pop, and while Teenage Fanclub are obviously a jangle pop band, their thick production gives them an element of power that no other band in the genre has. Basically, they’re just a modern Big Star. I fucking /love/ Big Star, and nothing here comes off as too derivative. It’s a loving, modern day tribute to a band and style I absolutely adore.

3.0+
>>
File: topsters2.jpg (412KB, 2739x1064px) Image search: [Google]
topsters2.jpg
412KB, 2739x1064px
>>72959634
Yeah man, glad to see you back! I need some mellower music in my life at times and you always seem to be into that

>Any must listen stuff you discovered within the last few months?

Hmmm.... Maybe? Here's some of my favorites from recently if you want to scope any out. Nothing particularly obscure but I've really liked the past few months music wise. Ice Cube and Snoop have become two of my favorite rappers and I've gone on a big Coleman/Zappa binge lately.
>>
>>72959852
Do Stand soon! Feel like you might dig it. Also I just noticed that Al Green score :/
>>
>>72960036
soon! I'll be ultra busy tomorrow so not then, but soon. and what can I say, it was just /too/ smooth for me. title track was great though.
>>
izzagate
>>
>>72960075
Yeah man no worries, just figured I'd shoot you a suggestion! Also not liking Al Green is understandable. Thinking his stuff is too smooth is a common complaint but man I really think he pulled off that style better than most
>>
File: IMG_0186.jpg (41KB, 500x511px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0186.jpg
41KB, 500x511px
Wow

How come this album isn't not a meme? Ultra-underrated.
>>
postan from Iceland
>>
File: thinking5.png (39KB, 728x728px) Image search: [Google]
thinking5.png
39KB, 728x728px
>>72961547
they have computers in iceland?
>>
>>72961675
no, but you can post with carrier pigeons or so I've heard.
>>
>>72959965
Cool stuff, I've been meaning to check out Dopesmoker and Moon Pix so i'll probably give those a listen in the near future. Ornette Coleman and Zappa are both artists i want to check out as well so we'll see how that goes. Thanks for the suggestions.
>>
what's the last album you heard and while listening you thought "hey, that's pretty good"?
>>
>>72962139
I have yet to experience this.
>>
>>72962139
itaots
>>
File: gay elvis cowboy pop.png (5KB, 468x80px) Image search: [Google]
gay elvis cowboy pop.png
5KB, 468x80px
guess the band

>>72935117
oh
wow
huh
interesting
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/slim-cessnas-auto-club/jesus-let-me-down-1/
>>
>>72957271
Yes, shamepai said he was gonna upload his rec but never gave me the link so he is a loser whom loses. Your rec was good btw, like 3.5-
>>
Hello?
>>
>>72962512
henlo ;)
>>
My chart up and died, I'm so disappointed in my computer
rec me things
>>
>>72962623
thee oh sees - castlemania
aaron dilloway - modern jester
albert ayler - lorrach/paris 1966
>>
>>72962623
I rec my smol bean ={}

Hit that Paavo - s/t joint rn
>>
>>72962623
Bowery Electric - Beat
The KLF - Chill Out
Paddy McAloon - I Trawl the Megahertz
>>
Still need more recs, this chart is going to be so hype
>>
>>72963325
Listen to the first couple Zappa albums that you haven't heard aren't his first two live albums, Chunga's Revenge, or Cruising With Ruben and the Jets

Any of João Gilberto's bolded albums

Golden Rain

Kuchu Camp or my Fishmans mixtape

Sabbath Vol. 4

Ces gens-là

New Moon by Elliott Smith

The Transfiguration of Blind Joe Death

Big Tyme II All Screwed Up

Blackout Dreamworld
>>
>>72963325
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/nomeansno/live-cuddly/
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%B6%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B8%D0%B9_%D0%B0%D1%81%D0%B5%D1%81%D1%81%D0%BE%D1%80/%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%BB_%D0%B0%D1%81/
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/yarn/%D0%B2%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B1%D0%BD%D0%B0-%D0%BD%D0%B5%D0%B4%D1%96%D0%BB%D1%8F/
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/%D0%BC%D0%B8%D1%85%D0%B0%D0%B9%D0%BB%D0%BE_%D1%85%D0%B0%D0%B9/ukrainska_lira/
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/unauth/jim-orourke/fast-car-live-in-japan-9_16_2002/
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/unauth/godspeed_you__black_emperor/05_14_03__nantes__france/
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/%D1%96%D0%B3%D0%BE%D1%80-%D1%86%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B2%D1%81%D1%8C%D0%BA%D0%B8%D0%B9/przyjdz-aniele/
>>
File: This is a chart.jpg (1MB, 2000x1441px) Image search: [Google]
This is a chart.jpg
1MB, 2000x1441px
BOOM
>>
File: wl:wh.jpg (36KB, 770x433px) Image search: [Google]
wl:wh.jpg
36KB, 770x433px
>>72942450
>"The Gift"
>which felt like an 8 minute waste of time that was completely out of place..
>>72958038
>still rating it as worst track
it's as if you ignored that vu jam. in general, paying closer attention to mo's and sterling's contribution to the record is what really helped the tracks click for me.

sister ray > the gift (instrumental) = i heard her call my name > wl/wh > lady godiva > here she comes now
>>
File: folder.jpg (777KB, 1699x1478px) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
777KB, 1699x1478px
This is pretty good
Haven't yet quite formed an opinion but Its definitely enjoyable, the violin and guitar add a lot to it. The grooves can go for too long dwelling on the same idea sometimes I find but thats not a really big issue since usually some instrument breaks through at those moments and delivers. Going to listen to it more today.

>>72959208
come back to it again in some years
also you'll def enjoy deceit more rn
>>
File: Cover.jpg (150KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
150KB, 600x600px
>>72962139
hey this is pretty good, easily 9/10
>>
File: dailychartrbe.jpg (4MB, 4231x6355px) Image search: [Google]
dailychartrbe.jpg
4MB, 4231x6355px
I'M FISH - 6.00

>Pale Cocoon - 繭
I really don't have much to comment on this but it was good, the cover for this is a perfect representation for the lush empty mood it gives.
7-/11

>The Mothers of Invention - Uncle Meat
I've never heard a Zappa album before and I've always been meaning to. The album really does sound like a pile of raw meat, very dense. Not too sure about the King Kong set of tracks.
7-/11

>Minor Threat - Complete Discography
Hardcore Punk

It was interesting hearing the minor advancements between each EP but everything still falls the same. There were two songs that stood out but they sounded like songs I had already heard before that I didn't like. There's no real sense of anything, Also loads of crusty angst.
4+/11

The pale cocoon rating will probably increase, I want to listen to that again soon.
Knocking off IceWizard's remaining album next.
>>
File: lca02rbf7rfaavlzlkmt-2.jpg (58KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
lca02rbf7rfaavlzlkmt-2.jpg
58KB, 640x640px
>>72965007
Hold up, 4+ for Slint?
>>
File: This is a chart.jpg (1MB, 2000x1441px) Image search: [Google]
This is a chart.jpg
1MB, 2000x1441px
>>72963786
Actually
What First?
>>
>>72965626
BLood on the tracks New York sessions
>>
File: IMG_1620.jpg (76KB, 639x479px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1620.jpg
76KB, 639x479px
>>72962507
Yessss
>>
>>72965647
Can you upload the /daily/ cover compilation?
I think the missing songs won't be done anymore
>>
File: IMG_0118.jpg (163KB, 750x830px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0118.jpg
163KB, 750x830px
>>72965719
Ok, we have everything but the asterisked people. We'll need cover art if someone's savvy here.
>>
>>72965769
Oops, I meant we only have the asterisked people
>>
>>72965769
shit i forgot about this
>>
>>72961966
No problem man, hope you end up liking some of em! If you have questions about Zappa, just ask Fish lol
>>
File: IMG_4091.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4091.png
1MB, 750x1334px
The Only Ones - s/t

A blend of punk and power pop? Sounds great, right?
It's 1978 and you're clearly influenced by punk, but not a full fledged punk band. Hopefully you've embraced punk and incorporated what you want, but transcended it on your way to new wave or post punk, right?
Not the case here. This sounds more like a band who wants to play punk but their parents keep knocking on the door to the garage and telling them to turn it down. Neutered. Bummer.
Some fun moments (sax biz on the last track), a handful of cool moments ("language problem" must have been worked out while the parents were on holiday) but mostly no better than an early 70s Rod Stewart played with an unconvincing Johnny Rotten sneer. 2.5/5
>>
>>72966131
no love for another girl another planet?
>>
>>72966162
>love?
Think we're better off as friends.
Nice enough tune, I get why it's the noteworthy one here I guess, but I was expecting more from its reputation and didn't really catch it.
>>
>>72965626
Kino or Tom Zé

I love how /daily/ is suddenly discovering my national treasures do we have another hue around besides me?
>>
>>72966295
The RYM Algorithm is noticing that I have been listening to Jorge Ben
>>
>>72966196
ah shame, i love that song, its one of the best power-pop/punk songs

i can see why it might be a bit disappointing after all hype because instrumentally it isn't absolutely amazing (still top tho) but the lyrics are great
>>
>>72965769
give my spot to someone who will actually do it :)
>>
>>72965626
do sun ra
>>
>>72966507
Ok will do Sun Ra, knew you were looking forward to shitting all over the synopses
>>
>>72966464
I'm doing every one the daily punks don't do
>>
>>72966359
Nah, You can call me a cBnt if you want to, man :D
So, bit of a meta-question, was the Only Ones review written decently well? Put forward and explained my opinion, not too vague or illogical, etc? I want to write more but I still feel like I'm shit at it, even for daily
>>
>tripfag: the thread
my first and last day on /mu/
>>
File: You_Doodle_2017-05-08T17_09_55Z.jpg (73KB, 139x267px) Image search: [Google]
You_Doodle_2017-05-08T17_09_55Z.jpg
73KB, 139x267px
>>72966643
Clearly your first day. Exit our containment thread please.
>>
>>72966616
i'm not good at reviews myself but it's fine, you actually gave some explanation for why you didn't enjoy it that much. while i don't agree with 'mostly no better than an early 70s Rod Stewart played with an unconvincing Johnny Rotten sneer. ' and feel it's a bit harsh it's still not far off.
>>
>>72966742
Cool, thanks man. This is comet btw. And the Rod Stewart thing isn't a strong diss, his early 70s output is largely 2.5 and he makes the music he wants to, it seems
>>
How do I chose what to listen to? Feel free to give me recs
>>
>>72966771
ah right cool. and yeah i don't mind early Rod either desu, especially the faces stuff. It's more the unconvincing sneer, i don't really feel they were trying that hard to be punk like sex pistols, more a band like television.

it's been a while since I've lsitened to the album and the general comparison is still pretty on point though
>>
>>72966800
I was wondering this too.
Kinda trying to "get" into daily for a while now, but like, how do you guys do it, do you pick the albums at the beginning of the month? Do you do pick them at the day. Do you just do whatever?
Am I overcomplicating?
I don't know!
>>
>>72966865
>1. Put up Trip
>2. Make Chart
>3. Begin Circlejerk
>>
>>72966865
You're overcomplicating, friend. Make yrself a list of stuff you want to hear and get through it at your own pace, preferably at a decently close to daily rate (don't be like comet, that guy's a cunt)
>>
>>72966944
>>72966957
Something like this?
Am I /daily/ now?
>>
>>72967254
Yeah now give them all a score from 0 to 5 based on how obscure they are I mean how good they are
>>
>>72967254
wat do u think of Banjo Gyro, Vuvuzela Concert and 11
if you can't answer this you aren't tru daily
>>
>>72967290
Shit, well, The Clash is a 0 then.
>>
>>72967254
Ignite shamepai

I meant to say ignore but autocorrect had a better idea
>>
>>72967314
>>72967314
Great game
I hate vuvuzelas 0/10
It's a nice number but I prefer 17 though.
>>
>>72967364
>17
That's, that's ridiculous.
>>
>>72967364
it's not even funny
>>
>>72967364
Do you know how many time zones there are in the Soviet Union, son?
>>
>>72967457
No idea, is that relevant to anything?
>>
File: demon passé.png (470KB, 279x430px) Image search: [Google]
demon passé.png
470KB, 279x430px
haha epic memes guys i too remember those things
>>
Excluding newfriends is fun
>>
>>72967553
Negativland - Escape from Noise
>>
Shall we play him Khana Rung Thawi too? [spoiler]I can't be the only one who still listens to this on the regular[/spoiler]

>>72967598
>I too remember those things
>doesn't even have a trip
That's ridiculous
>>
hey guys i havent slept in about 28 hours/
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (16KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
16KB, 1280x720px
Innocence, by I Am A Lake Of Burning Orchids

Closest album I can think of is Sunset Mission, the sense of an odyssey through the city (like the film Naked), except I've grown tired of the noir aesthetic. Would really appreciate recommendations with a more modern feel. Love the part with muted club music, the stabs of harsh noise, like panic, thunder. Burial's kinda similar, but I'm looking for something more "cold" than melancholy.
>>
>>72958518
it's Yass not Jass
you fucking hack
>>
>>72968020
>not recognising the faggest of the oldfags instantly
shig dig!
>>
>>72968242
Yass is the Polish movement but Jass was also a name used for Jazz in its early years
>>
>>72968050
only like 20 more hours and you'll start hallucinating
keep it up lmao
>>
File: fish vs trip 2017.jpg (1MB, 1558x2700px) Image search: [Google]
fish vs trip 2017.jpg
1MB, 1558x2700px
It was okay. I'd probably like it less if I didn't already find the genre interesting to begin with.

>>72965626
I specifically told you not to do Chunga's Revenge because it's not good but whatever

don't do that

Screw soon.

>>72963835
to be fair everyone thinks that about the gift

>>72965007
neat. I'd suggest hearing Freak Out if you wanna hear more zappa.

>>72965769
I started to cover E L E V E N but I just lost interest because I'm basically re-recording spoken word scripts with my 18-21 year old friends so everyone sounds like a child and it's kind of bad. Maybe I'll just do Drink it Up since it's more interesting and easier to create.
>>
>>72968316
i thought "yass" was a hyperbolic "yes"
>>
>>72968352
yass queen slay
>>
>>72968320
Yeah at this point anyone can just cover anything
>>
>>72968239
>Closest album I can think of is Sunset Mission,
odd take, but i like it.
i get kinda similar vibes from this:
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/lionel_marchetti_pierre_mottron/citydarkcity/
>>
>>72967619
:(
>>
>>72960481
dude does have an insane voice

>>72968239
first ep by them was alright, gotta check this out
>>
new thread when
>>
>>72969412
Trying to think up a good "edition"
>>
>>72969445
Trying to think up a good "edition" edition
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 79

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.