[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone please explain me why is this potato looking faggot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

File: Ed-Sheeran-Rex.jpg (378KB, 2048x1538px) Image search: [Google]
Ed-Sheeran-Rex.jpg
378KB, 2048x1538px
Can someone please explain me why is this potato looking faggot so famous?? His songs aren't even catchy!
>>
>>72927975
He makes good music, he's a modern day Bob Dylan
>>
Elliott Smith wannabee that got lucky
>>
>>72927975
Women who buy into the latest fad and obsess over it with their little coven.
>>
He's the Mac demarco of pop.

He doesn't write good songs at all, but has a quirky, likable, trustworthy personality. Revenue comes from people trusting the brand

Ed sheeran brand + current pop trends = $$$$

Mac demarco did the same thing with a smaller audience
>>
>>72927975
For touring with Taylor Swift and being literally a man-child.
>>
>>72927975
OP, just forget this guy exists. Just pretend you've never heard of him, works for me most of the time.
The more you find out about Ed Sheeran the more you hate humanity.
>>
All the fat white girls at my school like him. Maybe that was the key.
>>
>>72927975
He's not all that bad compared to some other artists in his field.
>>
>>72928002
This.
>>
File: 1491185191984.jpg (92KB, 436x413px) Image search: [Google]
1491185191984.jpg
92KB, 436x413px
>>72927975
He sings like some nigger Justin Timberlake wannabee.
God I hate him.
>>
>>72927975
NOTHING on the radio in 2017 is catchy anymore

It's all watered-down depressing-sounding shit by le quicky "relatable" artists

Pop isn't as fun as it was in the early 2010s
>>
his voice/accent
>>
>>72928002
>he's a modern day Bob Dylan
Have some decency.
>>
>>72927975

Some folks (mostly women, if we're being honest) just really dig Ron Weasley's heartfelt chavfolk stylings.
>>
He's an average looking ginger guy who started off busking on the streets wherever he went. That makes people relate to him more than the typical manufactured pop star. He's also got a decent voice and has a very good grasp on what to write to get played on the radio, both lyrically and musically.

He understands his qualities, understands the mainstream music industry and used what he has to get the most out of what he can do. I'm not a fan of his music, but I respect the way he earned his fame
>>
File: meme picture.jpg (422KB, 1000x640px) Image search: [Google]
meme picture.jpg
422KB, 1000x640px
>>72928002
>>
>>72928319
Yeah he's worse
>>
>>72930589
tfw we're getting stupider as a society to enjoy progressively stupider more simple art.

Poetry on the left, fucken email quality narrative on the right. Also his eyes gimme anxiety lmao
>>
Why wasnt he sued for that Steve Earle rip off?
>>
I tried out tinder for a few days recently and the thing which turned me off the most was the realization that a huge proportion of people are blind followers of this month's top track. I am not exaggerating when I say at least 1 in 5 grils had this guy's latest hit as their favorite song. Other common winners were related topical radio hits.
>>
>>72927975
Why are his eyes so fucked up?
>>
>>72931672
Ikr
>>
File: meh.jpg (1MB, 2048x1538px) Image search: [Google]
meh.jpg
1MB, 2048x1538px
>>72927975
I've had an idea here but lost interest 40% through.
>>
>>72932186
i love this board sometimes
>>
>>72932186
It almost looks like its not shopped
>>
>>72927975
He's so bad. His songs are not catchy at all and his lyrics are just awful. Yet every time I'm in an Uber >>72930589 this fucking song comes on. I hate it. One time even the Uber driver said "ugh I hate this fucking song" but then didn't change the channel.
>>
Safe, shallow and simple music with easy to memorize, simple and insincere lyrics about love and relationships in a time where songs that dare to be romantic are considered cringe and cheese. He found a hole in the market for young girls falling in love for the first time and lonely women who are having a hard time surviving in an increasingly detached world. He's also not super handsome but also just cute enough with his ginger hair and droopy, lost dog eyes, so he looks down to earth and attainable.
>>
File: 1421435404116s.jpg (7KB, 250x243px) Image search: [Google]
1421435404116s.jpg
7KB, 250x243px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGwWNGJdvx8

I listen to this song everyday
>>
>>72932429
You might be retarded.
>>
>>72932319
What part of
>lost interest 40% through
you don't understand?
>>
>>72927975
Are girls sexually attracted to him though? He isn't the type of guy teen girls would like based on looks alone so I find it kind of strange how he became so popular with them in the first place.
>>
>>72932439
He is
>>
>>72932574

He's inoffensive and non-threatening, so girls find him endearing. Being able to write love songs and sing automatically propels you from a 5/10 to a 9/10 in the eyes of most females.
>>
>>72932574
They're sexually attracted in the sense of him being nonthreatening and hence more sincere and credible. Almost like a cute friend you would trust and feel connected to.
Fits the theme of his music and overall brand image.
>>
>>72932429
That's it, the song every girl on Tinder likes best.
>>
>>72932663
>>72932683
Wow females sure have low standards. That only means all the bitching of "tfw no girlfriend" you see here a lot is only an excuse to cope.
>>
>>72928002
Wow, can't remember the last time I cringed this hard
>>
it's all marketing op, nowadays good music isn't as necessary as good as having good marketers
>>
When was the last time there was a solo pop artist who was this popular and wrote/performed all their material and could actually sing
>>
>>72932791
We accept the love we think we deserve dawg. Modern Western society already killed the concept of Romantic love and "standards" back in the 60's so forget that. In a sense, it's good though, because it means you have to work that much harder to create something authentic amid this delirium of insincere plastic garbage relationships with no semblance of any meaning.

And yea "tfw no gf" is just a meme for the avoidant autists residing here. You want one bad enough, you can get one.
>>
>>72927975
His songs are bad but they're undeniably catchy.

>>72928056
Mac DeMarco is a far better songwriter. I'm guessing you don't actually know very much about composition.
>>
>>72932863
Kanye prolly.
>>
>>72929975
This. I feel like people are gonna look back on the late 2000s/early 2010s as a sort of golden age for pop.
>>
>>72932863
writing your own songs =/= good songs.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.