[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When i play any note on the E string of my bass, it rattles like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: fgjjb-5r-bk_2.jpg (70KB, 600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
fgjjb-5r-bk_2.jpg
70KB, 600x1600px
When i play any note on the E string of my bass, it rattles like shit no matter how hard i press on the fret. this doesnt happen on any other string ples help im shit.
I have the fgn J standard.
>>
>>72925509
It's probably an issue with the nut friendo
>>
>>72925509
it sounds like your action is way to low on the E. also how much did the bass cost?
>>
Your action is fucked.
Neck bowed concave.
>>
>>72925521
True..
Also check the nut to make sure the string isn't grinding way down lowering the action. That string is fatter so when it vibrates, it has more of a chance to hit the frets. Although, it wouldn't explain you holding down another fret and getting the same rattle.
That's why I'm thinking it's the neck being bowed, raising the action. You need to tighten your truss rod a little everyday for a while and then take it to a pro to see if it's back to normal after a while. Maybe two weeks.
>>
>>72925556
When I say a little I'm talking not even a quarter turn. Every day for a couple weeks. You don't wanna force it, or you'll have to replace the whole neck.
>>
>>72925522
I didnt buy it, but from the place it was from its around $1,400 Aud
>>
>>72925608
If your not keeping it in a climate controlled room as much as possible, you're gonna get warppage. One or two days max in the car or garage may be fine, but you gotta take better care of your instruments brah
>>
>>72925630
Whenever i dont use it, i leave it in a bag in my room.
>>
>>72925608
have you ever done any set up to it before? if not then take it to a local music store and ask for a set up. that's too nice to fuck up experimenting. if they ask how you want it set up, tell the genres you want to use it for and that you don't want fret buzz. if you dont want to take it to a shop you can try adjusting the height of the saddle of the E string first. on second thought just do that first and see if the problems gone.
>>
>>72925556
I doubt it's the rod, I've had this les paul for 17 years and I never touched it.
Just raise the action.
>>
>>72925659
I like this idea.
>>
>>72925659
No. But i will do now.
>>
>>72925556
>>72925573
The neck is at the right angle. I think its probably the action then from what everyone has said
>>
File: 1438.jpg (56KB, 622x384px) Image search: [Google]
1438.jpg
56KB, 622x384px
>>72925767
If it was the neck ALL strings would buzz.
Just raise the string at the bridge using the two screws just until it stops buzzing.
>>
>>72925750
don't fuck with the neck though. just the saddle of the bridge. if it doesn't work go to a shop.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.