[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm literally trying to catch my breath right now. I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: scott-walker-the-drift.jpg (85KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
scott-walker-the-drift.jpg
85KB, 600x600px
I'm literally trying to catch my breath right now. I've never heard anything so unsettling and unforgiving until now. What can I expect from Bish Bosch? Are there any similar artists and albums? Swans perhaps?
>>
>>72912581
bish bosh is average mate, sorry. the drift and tilt are both fucking masterpieces, and reveal so much new shit with every listen.
>>
>>72912695
>the drift and tilt are both fucking masterpieces
I think I can agree. When I heard Clara I felt like I was Mussolini's corpse getting spat on, kicked and urinated on. I'm in awe. Can I expect the same from Swans?
>>
>>72912801
Yes, but most Swans is a bit more immediate and traditionally enjoyable imo, depending on the album
>>
>>72912861
I've heard that their live album Public Castration Is a Good Idea is one of the most unforgiving, loud and hard to digest albums. Is it really? And which albums compare to The Drift and Tilt?
>>
>>72912695
bish bosch is really good

certainly better than anything swans has put out. swans is dull compared to this shit
>>
>>72912581
Loved Tilt, Farmer in the city was become one of my favourite pieces of music. Currently trying to get through the drift and I'm loving it so far. Has anyone got any other recommendations for experimental music like Walker's?
>>
>>72912957
Public Castration is a lot more industrial and minimalist than Walker from what I know, but I've not listened to any Walker outside of Scott 4
>>
>>72912801
>>72912581

you need to watch the doc about scott walker, it shows the making of the drift, you will like it even more.
>>
>>72912989
>swans is dull compared to this
Really? And I thought Swans were the peak of this feeling:
>When I heard Clara I felt like I was Mussolini's corpse getting spat on, kicked and urinated on
>>
>>72913035
Thank you.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0486541/?ref_=nv_sr_3
This is the one?
>>
>>72912989

i personally don't like the swans, but bish bosh is still average to me,

for me its

the drift
tilt
scott 4
scott 3
walker brothers nite flights
bish bosh
soused
>>
>>72913076

>This is the one?

yes, it is a bit circlejerky with all of the other artists praising him. but the behind the scenes stuff is awesome, and his history is told well.
>>
Any recommendations for similar albums?
>>
>>72913020
Look up Iannis Xenakis. A lot of the arrangements on Walkers newer stuff remind me a lot of Xenakis' Stochastic music
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.