[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me at the bank this afternoon >walk up to the teller,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1494719226309.png (333KB, 394x352px) Image search: [Google]
1494719226309.png
333KB, 394x352px
>be me at the bank this afternoon
>walk up to the teller, say I want to deposit a check
>she decides to make small talk
>"So how has your day been?"
>"Good, haha.."
>she notices I'm wearing headphones
>"What are you listening to?"
>"Neutral Milk Hotel"
>"Um..."
>"They're indie folk. They're a 90's band."
>"oh...haha"
>gives me my receipt without saying a word
>>
Faggot.
>>
This is why you just say The Beatles or something.
>>
i know that feel

>be me in 2010 in college first year
>be listening to Teengirl Fantasy on the way to library to meet classmates and study
>get to library and cutie classmate asks me what im listening to
>stutter out "t-t-tuh-teengirl fantasy. its like a techno group that just two dudes"
>she just says "uhhh...okay"
>forever felt awkward around her for the rest of the semester
>haven't seen her since
>>
File: IMG-20170517-WA0000.jpg (40KB, 484x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170517-WA0000.jpg
40KB, 484x750px
>not listening to radiohead
>>
Man I wish it was more of a faux pas to ask people with headphones in what they're listening to or to talk to them in general. I love talking to people about music but I really like to get immersed in what I'm listening to and I find it hard to do that when I'm constantly worried someone is talking to me and I'm not hearing it.
>>
I feel you OP. I hate that shit too.
>someone asks you about your interests
>they get uncomfortable when you tell them and stop the conversation
Then why bother asking you fucking retard? God I hate normalfags.
>>
>>72899610
You should have told her you were listening to "Touch My Tooter" by Ween.
>>
>>72899659
:( sorry. Thats not a good feel.
>>
PROTIP: If you tell someone what you're listening to and they act weirded out because they don't know what it is, it's them who have the problem, not you. Most well adjusted people know how to roll with an answer like that.

Have a little confidence in yourselves, my dudes.
>>
>>72899740
then stop worrying.
>>
You all worry too much about image in relation to music. It doesn't matter if someone else thinks it's weird if you actually fucking like it. Not to mention everyone remotely into music is aware of NMH.
>>
I think your guys' problem is not that you're listening to what's normally considered weird/obscure, but that you're not confident about your answers. I have the same problem.
>>
>>72899777
But anon, if no one singled you out for your taste in music then how would you maintain your false sense of superiority over others?
>>
My students asked me what kind of music I liked once. It was kind of uncomfortable.
>>
>>72899777
It's not what you say but how you say it.
>>
Just fucking ask them what music do they listen to instead letting the conversation die. People love to talk about themselves.
>>
>not asking every single person you meet if they have an aotysf
Wew lad
>>
>>72899610

They're experimental fuzz folk, she was probably just judging you for not knowing how to describe their genre properly. Also

>caring what strangers you'll never see again think about your music
>>
>Not to mention everyone remotely into music is aware of NMH.

It's possible u don't get out much.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.