[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some bands that shit on Hipsters and despite hipsters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

What are some bands that shit on Hipsters and despite hipsters and almost all alternative subcultures?

Also, are you hipsters, /mu/?
>>
>>72895894
Basically Zappa did exactly this with everything there was at his time
Unfortunately I can't think of any modern day equivalents, maybe Mark Kozeleck stuff?
>>
“Hipster” is a term co-opted for use as a meaningless pejorative in order to vaguely call someone else’s authenticity into question and, by extension, claim authenticity for yourself.

It serves no conversational function and imparts no information, save for indicating the opinions and preferences of the speaker.

Meanwhile, a market myth has sprung up around the term, as well as a cultural bogeyman consisting of elusive white 20-somethings who wear certain clothes (but no one will agree on what), listen to certain music (no one can agree on this either), and act a certain way (you’ve probably sensed the pattern on your own).

You can’t define what “that kind of behavior or fashion or lifestyle” actually is, nor will you ever be able to. That’s because you don’t use “hipster” to describe an actual group of people, but to describe a fictional stereotype that is an outlet for literally anything that annoys you.

The twist, of course, is that if it weren’t for your own insecurities, nothing that a “hipster” could do or wear would ever affect you emotionally. But you are insecure about your own authenticity - “Do I wear what I wear because I want to? Do I listen to my music because I truly like it? I’m certainly not like those filthy hipsters!” - so you project those feelings.

Suffice it to say, no one self-identifies as a hipster; the term is always applied to an Other, to separate the authentic Us from the inauthentic, “ironic” Them.

tl;dr: if you believe hipsters exist, you are a plebeian.
>>
>>72895927
this unironically
>>
>>72895927
>>72895937
Good to see r_thedonald found its way to /mu/
>>
>>72895894
i'm gonna start a black metal band that calls out nu-males by name. i can play drums, who wants to do guitar?
>>
>>72895927
This.

Cunts still exist though. Same thing.
>>
>>72895958
whatever boogyman helps you sleep better
>>
>>72895927
this
>>72895958
haha this nigga got jokes
>>
>>72895927
>that kind of behavior or fashion or lifestyle
it's a pretty solid definition. someone who enjoys relatively obscure or niche things (at least in their eyes) not because they actually enjoy it, but as a fashion statement or a way to identify themselves. at least that's how people use the word.
>>
>>72895961
Don't do metal do something that will make the insults in your lyrics more striking when combined with the music

Shouting insults to metal isn't controversial, if you do it in like a singer-songwriter kind of way that would be much more effective
>>
>>72895958
ooga booga alt right!!!
>>
>shit on Hipsters
>and almost all alternative subcultures

But isn't that what (supposedly) defines a hipster? Hipsters deliberately try to like things that other people don't. If you make a point to oppose subcultures, you're just being an even bigger hipster
>>
>>72895894
Just about everyone I've met who can be called "hipsters" have been cool people.
>>
>>72896093
>you're just being an even bigger hipster
Maybe that's what I am. I just hate people that shit on the "establishment" just for the sake of it, or put themselves intentionally on the margin of said "establishment"
>>
>>72895925
Mark Kozelek is the defintion of hipster in denial
>Singer-songwriter
>Tries to be Bob Dylan
>Tries to crossover unsuccessfully to other genres
>Whines
>Tells people that they should live in the now and not on their phones and that he isnt a sheep
>Collabs with Justin Broadrick for cred
>>
>>72896109
>brandon thinking he knows cool people
>>
>>72895961
>>72896025
Also don't use "numale", nobody knows what that means yet and it would just make you stick out in a bad way, for now stick with non-specific terms and general deragatory names that everyone already knows and uses (don't even think about saying sjw, the only people that say that out loud now are all edgelords just as ignorant as actual sjws
>>
>>72896119
What about the hipster that's even bigger than you that'll cringe at your posturing? Maybe it's better to fight the (things you interpret as) posturing by trying not to posture.
>>
>>72896154
Sorry. It's just stronger than me. Can't help myself

It's an eternal war to see who can be the greatest poser
>>
>>72896143
>don't be controversial
yeah thanks for the advice shithead
>>
>>72896180
Too much /mu/ senpai
>>
>>72896129
>thinking you know me and who I know
I used to have a life at one time ya know, I want it back
:(
>>
>>72896011
>Enjoying obscure or niche things is a single unified culture

Do you people not believe in individuals anymore?
>>
>>72896224
Subcultures don't
>>
>>72896248
Thinking that is a sure sign you're a part of a subculture, imo. Subcultures praise the individuality and agency of their members but dehumanize other subcultures (of course yours isn't a subculture, it's just normal people, contrasted by all the weirdo sheep that do different things...)
>>
>>72895958
REEEEEEEEEEEEEddit
>>
>>72896189
How about you fucking read what I have to say before you assume that's what I'm saying, faggot
Be controversial but don't be an autist about it by spouting a bunch of insults hat only make sense on a Taiwanese cow milking site
>>
>>72895927
>>72895937
>>72895969
t. butthurt hipsters
>>
>>72896213
> I'll be a thorn in Brandon's side until he dies
what did she mean my friends?
>>
>>72895894
I don't even know what the fuck you're saying.
>>
>>72896750
that shes going to remind him he can't have her for the rest of his life even though she thinks of him from time to time and takes some sick pleasure in his despair
>>
>>72896121
have you ever seen a hipster without a phone in their hand?
>>
>>72896655

>>72895927 is right though
>>
>>72896121
This is so far off what the Koz has done with his career. not even a sensible parody of his career choices.
>>
>>72896224
did you not read the rest of the post or something?
>not because they actually enjoy it, but as a fashion statement or a way to identify themselves.
>>
>>72897080
You can't know this about someone unless they actually told you.

Assuming someone ONLY has their specific taste to put on a persona for others, really you're just projecting your need to delegitimize them for being a more complete inner life than you.
>>
>>72895927
B T F O
T
F
O
>>
>>72895894
People on /mu/ aren't cool or social enough to be "hipsters." They are, however, thin-skinned faggots who only do things ironically and generally avoid open, sincere enjoyment of things because there's a level of vulnerability involved in that.
>>
>>72895958
That pasta has been posted before the election, newfriend.
>>
File: lol2.png (141KB, 780x347px) Image search: [Google]
lol2.png
141KB, 780x347px
telling
>>
File: 1401052417844.jpg (38KB, 400x350px) Image search: [Google]
1401052417844.jpg
38KB, 400x350px
>>
>>72896872
i've been called a hipster and i choose not to use a modern phone senpai
>>
File: Dandelion_gum.jpg (320KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Dandelion_gum.jpg
320KB, 1680x1050px
>>72896750
>>
>>72898003
>>
>>72898003
>>72898021
he needs help
bad
>>
>>72897617
how do you know you can't tell that about someone? they can enjoy whatever they want, and i don't give a shit, but if they are super image obsessed and only listen to trendy p4k approved music or contrarian anti-p4k music and constantly talk about how different they are for their taste, i'm gonna assume it's a fashion statement. and don't act like you can't read into people without it being "projecting" or whatever.
>>
i guess i am this punk guy was screaming at me as i walked past him "i fucking hate hipsters!!!" lmao. i was just wearing a striped shirt and shorts too lol.
>>
>>72895927
It is wrong though.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.