[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be Brian >Known forever as the man who made Pet Sounds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1189.png (2MB, 1038x1021px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1189.png
2MB, 1038x1021px
>be Brian
>Known forever as the man who made Pet Sounds
>Has never made anything that came close to Pet Sounds
>Will stay like that forever
Lmao.
>>
>known forever as the man who made the greatest pop album of all time
anything but feel good
?????????
>>
>>72889295
The Beatles did that five times.
>>
I think if pet sounds wasnt made the beach boys would be completely irrelevant.
Brian was the one who gave them some depth and still has people talking about them in 2017.
>>
>>72889312
>Unironically think that any of the Beatles albums is better than pet sounds
>>
>>72889358
Old grandma's would still be singing surfer girl and fun fun fun

Those songs are eternal granny jams
>>
>>72889273
Surf's Up and Smiley Smile are both better than Pet Sounds though. Maybe Sunflower as well.
>>
>>72889312
beatles did 5 good albums ; beach boys made one great album and glimpses of another one which were also great
>>
>>72889551
Sunflower is definately better than Pet Sounds. Every song in Sunflower practically invented a genre of music
>>
File: 81jJC1Wl02L._SL1432_.jpg (336KB, 1428x1432px) Image search: [Google]
81jJC1Wl02L._SL1432_.jpg
336KB, 1428x1432px
>he still thinks Pet Sounds is better than Smile
>>
>>72889312
Yeah and the Beach Boys made: Pet Sounds, Today!, Surf's Up, Sunflower, Love You, Smiley Smile and the Smile Sessions which are all great. Adding some other ones that were okay like Friends, 20/20 and Holland, they have the same amount of great albums than the Beatles, maybe a few more.
>>
>>72889295
>Thinking Pet Sounds it's better than Revolver, Ruber Soul, Sgt Pepper, Abbey Road, The White Album or A Hard Days Night
>>
Brian wilson is so good at pop music he makes self hating white hipster liberals break their cognitive dissonance enogue to realize that he is a genius

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_TcWUslfvE
>>
>>72891236
it's easily better than all of those albums

>>72889312
[citation needed]
>>
>>72891859
i wonder what made brian use his falsetto so much
>>
>>72892392
An obsession with this group
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XkbErI_7EU

There was nothing strange about using so much falsetto in the context of the vocal groups he would've grown up hearing. Any vocal group is gonna have the guy with the highest voice sing high a lot.
>>
>>72892368
>abbey road
>sgt pepper
>revolver
>rubber soul
>white album
>>
>>72892574
the four freshman didn't seem to use the falsetto as the melody though like brian did.

plus other groups do it to nowadays (tame impala)
>>
>>72892612
>the white album

fucking lmao.

but the other albums are good but nowhere close to either pet sounds or smile. good albums though
>>
>>72892574
brian grew up listening to black pop and rock music, classical music, and the production of phil spector.
Which he combined to great effect by making the first art pop album and proving pop music can be more than garbage just for teenagers
>>
It's sometimes hard not to laugh when listening to Sgt. Pepper's opening track. It's so straightforward, the guitar overdone for a mediocre riff, and the orchestra used in such a predictable marching band-esque manner. It makes me wonder what went wrong when the Beatles were trying to convert the inspiration from Pet Sounds into their own music.

She's Leaving Home, Getting Better, When I'm 64, and Lovely Rita are on the money though, so good job Paul.
>>
>>72892618
The Four Freshmen weren't writing pop songs with catchy hooks either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mnr5PhmyOE0

This doesn't really prove my point, but is an example of their influence on him. Check out Girls On the Beach at 11:05. It sounds like it's going to be a straightforward ballad like Surfer Girl at first, until the last two chords of the opening sequence at 11:17. Then the key change(?) at 11:33 followed by several others throughout the track. To me, it sounds more like if The Four Freshmen had produced an arrangement of a rock ballad than something you'd expect from a surf/rock/pop group of the time to be putting out.
>>
>>72893118
no they totally had a giant influence on him, i'm not disputing that.

i'm just saying the idea that the falsetto would take the melody seems like brian's idea
>>
>>72892911
this desu
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM5UVal1u2g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GN4OF89PlM

I highly recommend this documentary, even though David Marks and Carol Kaye come across as retarded a lot of the time. I couldn't say whether they have a grasp of music theory or not, but they certainly don't come across as having such. More input from intelligent, coherent musicians would've been nice.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.