[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Danny patrician? >namedropped Swans >namedropped Failure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 4

File: jriednnfgd98gfd8.jpg (88KB, 663x834px) Image search: [Google]
jriednnfgd98gfd8.jpg
88KB, 663x834px
Is Danny patrician?

>namedropped Swans
>namedropped Failure
>namedropped The Avalanches
>>
>>72881546
>>namedropped Swans
>>namedropped Failure
>>namedropped The Avalanches
Where?
>>
He also likes Rush and MGMT.
>>
File: Sneaker Pimps Becoming X.jpg (110KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
Sneaker Pimps Becoming X.jpg
110KB, 460x460px
>namedropped my favorite album
I'm not really into 80s cheese though, so :/
>>
>>72881554
>Swans
https://youtu.be/Cqpu9yUuo94?t=98
>Failure
https://youtu.be/1M66YIS5KK8?t=412
>>
>>72881641
>Industrial Metal group
>>
>>72881641
also came here to ask
>>
He also dropped Gentle Giant and Jethro Tull not that you fags care.
>>
he also dropped The Mars Volta for like a millisecond on an episode of Silent Hill: Shattered Memories.

(Ngl, that's how I discovered TMV, and by extension, At The Drive-In. Thanks, Dan)
>>
>>72881546
Not really hes a 38 year old man who grew up on rock music. His favorite band is Rush, not really patrician.
>>
>>72881546
I remember him namedropping At the Drive-In and impersonating Cedric, was funny.
He's a pretty cool dude, just sucks that he's on such a shitty channel with a fat retard.
>>
>>72882183
but his favourite Rush album is Caress of Steel

also, he introduced the world to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ4Ff_D4xZA
>>
>>72881546
>namedropped Herbie Hancock and did an accurate 2 minute long recreation of what he remembered what Chameleon sounded like

I'll never watch a video by them because there's just no reason to ever but he has decent music taste. his band is cringeworthy haha funny internet :) shit though
>>
>>72881641
>Industrial Metal group
>name drops shoegaze
>>
>>72882183
Rush is the greatest band of all time.
>>
>>72882214
NSP can be funny but yeah most of the time it's just 'hahah dicks lol'
His older more serious stuff was pretty damn decent though
>>
File: fa1.jpg (118KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
fa1.jpg
118KB, 800x800px
>>72881546
Anyone who namedrops Failure is instantly patrician, so yes
>>
>>72882291
i never heard his first band northern hue or something
>>
>>72882208
Arin is a pretty cool dude as well. Not that their videos are any indication of that.
>>
I just dont get this whole Patrician, pleb, and contrarian shit on this site. Some people will say liking Carly Rae Jepsen is patrician, while others say shes for plebs, and others will say shes contrarian because its not taylor swift.

Either make up your mind or stop using these dumb terms to justify your taste in music.
>>
>>72882449
It was alright, had some gems though. Had potential.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmOsB_1HVX4
>>
>>72882499
the trick is to make up your on fucking mind and meme around if you feel like it

we need upvotes so i know what to think
>>
>>72882499
Go to RYM, if an album has an >3.60 score then just say it's patrician, if it has a 2.80-3.40 score, say contrarian. Pleb is relative and mainly just used for shitposting. In fact all of it is shitposting.
>>
>>72882591
I dont use this site to justify my own taste in music, ill like my shitty bands if i want too regardless of /mu/'s opinion. Its just a stupid way of defining ones taste using words like patrician, pleb, and contrarian that are contradictory. my beef i guess is lots of people use these terms unironically.
>>
>>72882653
I dont want to use these terms, i want people to stop using them. Theyre pretentious and dont actually say anything about the music, its just a way to shit on the listener.
>>
>>72882560
This is actually surprisingly good. a bit boring but good.
>>
>>72882717
You sound like a pleb.
>>
>>72881641
No one calls them an industrial metal group, but Cop is basically an "industrial metal" album.
>>
>>72881546
he and arin both mentioned listening to Sigur Ros in one of the Katamari episodes
>>
>>72882717
there's just always going to be music fans who use music as a way of trying to be shitty to other people. if you took them out then there wouldn't be enough people to keep music supported, so you just gotta accept it's going to happen.
>>
>Arin Hanson
>He is also said to own a guitar signed by the band Neutral Milk Hotel
>>
as if namedropping the avalanches means literally anything
>>
>>72882683
if you like those bands than they're patrician to you anon
>>
Danny saved Game Grumps. That is all.
>>
>>72883392
i'm pretty sure he listens exclusively to Jamiroquai
>>
>>72883774
he also killed it though, i wont lie when Jon was on it was getting dull, but with Danny it got dull in like 2014, i pretty much just watch oneyplays now
>>
he mentioned yoshimi in an episode once
>>
He may have name dropped some entry level /mu/ core bands but he also makes terrible music, so on balance I'd say probably not
>>
>>72884003
so does mike patton but people still suck his dick on here all the time
>>
>>72882208
jontron isnt on gamegrumps anymore.
>>
He's dropped tons of names. Swans, Mike Oldfield, Frank Zappa, QOTSA, not too mention he loves Gentle Giant. But Game Grumps completely lost steam in 2013 and the only reason I stayed subscribed up until a few months ago was because they were playing TTYD (which they inevitably stopped play). Like >>72883854 said, I just watch OneyPlays (and beardbros because they're mad comfy).
>>
>>72883854
>>72884038
Oneyplays unironically browses /b/
he drops every fucking game after three episodes and complains about how the games "aren't made right" when he dies constantly
he's everything wrong with gamegrumps but exponentially concentrated
>>
>>72882211
>>72882288
A Rush of Dubs to the Head
>>
>>72884063
>watching lets plays for the gameplay
fair critique though, although every game they play that they do like they play well and finish (a few of them at least)
>>
>>72884063
Yeah Oney is funny and all but they think whatever game they suck at is terrible game design or whatever other excuse they can make
>>
He's in his mid to late 30s and makes music so chances are he's listened to alot of good and bad shit to know what is good and what isn't
>>
>>72882857
No, no it's not actually
>>
>>72881546
no one is patrician until they name drop either Bach, Schoenberg or Palestrina
>>
>>72884063
um, i don't think i recall any of that in OneyPlays, they usually play games for more than 3 episodes, they just released like episode 30 of their kingdom hearts playthrough yesterday and while Julian does blindly hate a lot of games, Chris tends to blindly love them, and Ding Dong is an aspiring game designer so usually his comments about games are pretty well thought out and even then he rarely just completely hates a game, he points out good stuff when he sees it like in Resident Evil 7 or Gex.
>>
>>72881546
rip chris connell
>>
>>72884911
Schoenberg single handedly destroyed art
his atonal nonsense is what kickstarted "subversion" being the main lynchpin of every single fucking work since
don't even get me fucking started on his pupil Adorno
>>
Dan seems like a pretty cool guy. He's the only reason I gave up on GG three months ago instead of a year ago. I can only stand so much of Arin shouting about "POOPY ASS DICKS THIS FUCKS MY PUSSY" before I break
>>
>>72882214
Skyhill, his old band, is alright. He has a great voice. NSP isn't the epitome of culture, but he's having fun doing what he loves, and I have huge respect for that.
>>
>>72884912
NICE TRY ONEY
BACK TO /B/
>>
>>72882499
It's just a meme
>>
>>72881641
He just named dropped to name drop.
>>
>>72881546
he's not partrish if he doesn't name drop unwound
>>
>>72881546
he also namedropped Tool and Mastodon, so not really
>>
>>72882717
A lot of people here are insecure about their tastes and need to feel some sense of superiority over others, so you're gonna get that a lot. It's shitposting all the way down.
>>
>>72883854
>>72884109
>watching lets plays
shiggy
>>
>>72885820
ur 2cool4me bro
>>
>>72883854
>>72883774
Jon kept things in flux and didn't let things get stale, it may have been from the constant tension between him and Arin but at least it was always fresh from the factor of uncomfortability they had
Danny is a genuinely awesome guy but he cares way too much about not pissing people off and this along with the fact that Grumps has become so much more streamlined (which Danny's politeness has to some extent contributed to) make the show so much less than it was with Jon. Also Arin does way too many voices now for cheap jokes and it's fucking annoying
>>
>>72885915
yeah, some of the series' near the end of Jon's time on the show were great (Chulip, Shatterhand, Super Star Wars)
>>
>>72885820
go sage some eceleb thread on /v/
>>
>>72881546

Skyhill is really fucking good. NSP is funny but it's kinda lame after 1 listen.
>>
File: 1448750184480.png (276KB, 586x634px) Image search: [Google]
1448750184480.png
276KB, 586x634px
>watching nu-Grumps
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.