[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/daily/ - Mario Smoking Weed Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 74

File: mario smokig weed.jpg (6KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
mario smokig weed.jpg
6KB, 480x360px
lmao u see this pic? lol wtf

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

>make charts
https://www.neverendingchartrendering.org/

>listen to tunes
https://plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

>listenalong schedules
http://daily-mu.blogspot.com/p/welcome.html

Previous thread: >>72838764
>>
mario is chill
>>
tupac alive in serbia!
>>
MARIO SMOKING WEED
>>
bepis on that beat
>>
File: IMG_0032.jpg (22KB, 257x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0032.jpg
22KB, 257x250px
>>72872697
>post yfw
>>
dude i never tuch drugs before but now I going to go and OD

Thanks mario
>>
File: 1489596817818.jpg (183KB, 500x562px) Image search: [Google]
1489596817818.jpg
183KB, 500x562px
>>
I wanna smoke wede with mario
>>
>>72872746
yeah this
>>
/daily/
>>
File: Tuco Abandons Yet Another Chart.png (3MB, 1500x1073px) Image search: [Google]
Tuco Abandons Yet Another Chart.png
3MB, 1500x1073px
Cluster - Zuckerzeit
Conflicted on this, it's really quite standard, even boring in parts, but god damn if Caramba isn't a fkn great track.

The Dubliners - The Dubliners
Anybody who hasn't listened to The Dubliners should go about seeking them out, it's like being at a drunken christmas sing-song with several cousins, five uncles and a great-grandfather who won't fucking die already.

Gang of Four - Solid Gold
It's fine, completely serviceable, which seems to be a theme with this chart

Ty Segall Band - Slaughterhouse
This guy seems a bit boring, either a trendsetter who does nothing really interesting or a trendhopper who does nothing really interesting, one can only listen to so many bands that are like, so intense or whatever man, Wave Goodbye is a fucking chune tho
>>
>>72873199
What Ty have you listened to? I'm a massive fan of his
>>
>>72873238
Just Emotional Mugger and Slaughterhouse (that I'm aware of, I'm told he's really prolific)
>>
>>72873270
Emotional Mugger is kinda shit even as a big fan. But yeah he has a lot of albums, Emotional Mugger is a bit of a departure from his usual style and Slaughterhouse is a bit noisier.

You should give something like Melted a go if you want to try his more usual garage rock stuff before giving up on him. Or Manipulator if a bit more glam rock sounds like your thing.

He's not anything incredible like I just really like garage rock and with him being prolific he tries different styles so he's always interesting to me.
>>
>>72873270
>>72873377
I haven't been too into his psych stuff from what I've heard, but I love songs here and there. This one's so great: https://youtu.be/Ek55T19hxmQ
>>
>>72873030
this desqu
>>
>>72873533
Yeah he can be a bit hit and miss with being so prolific but I enjoy most of it anyway and he nearly always has a few belters on every record

every solo record from his s/t through to twins is worthwhile if you're into garage rock imo plus some of his side projects
>>
File: thatsamightyfinechart.png (3MB, 1960x910px) Image search: [Google]
thatsamightyfinechart.png
3MB, 1960x910px
>Sophiaaaahjkl;8901 - Toilet Abstraction Tapes
>abstract hip-hop, plunderphonics, bandcamp-core, tmt-core

An interesting and entertaining listen for sure but suffers from being unfocused and lacking cohesion. This is unsurprising since the bandcamp description says the album is comprised of various songs from various times. Such is the nature of many a bandcamp release.

It is not without its moments though, especially the first track which got me to listen to it in the first place. It samples one of my favorite songs from one of my favorite albums: Child Soldier by Oneohtrix Point Never. Thus the track is a sample of a sample that is completely recontextualized. The beat changeup is insane. If you're a fan of OPN, I recommend listening to this song. It's the first track. Everything else while being relatively good did not capture my interest as much, and I can't really recommend checking it out unless you're really into this whole scene. I'll be keeping tabs on this producer, and I hope they continue to release cool shit.

>Cornelius - Fantasma
>Shibuya-kei, Psych-pop, Prog-pop, Plunderphonics
I always had this guy on my radar, and I loved the new track he released. This did not disappoint and was very fun to listen to. As many albums from this genre are, it's the auditory equivalent of a sugar rush. My main criticism would be that while there was a lot of sonic variety, the album could have used some variety in tempo as well. He's definitely capable of making strong, mellow songs, and this record's pacing would have seen improvement from it. Also, there is a lack of any real emotional impact. Almost every track has a candy coated gloss, but it is hollow on the inside. If I were to go off of his new single alone, the new album seemingly will fix these problems, so I'm very much looking forward to it.

Alright guys, which one of Shamepai's 5/5s should I pan first?
>>
>>72873706
plz do Dreams
>>
>>72873706
spiritual unity, ofc
>>
File: topsters2 (1).png (2MB, 2860x1052px) Image search: [Google]
topsters2 (1).png
2MB, 2860x1052px
Beat Happening - Beat Happening

>Twee Pop, Lo-fi Indie

This review is for the 23-track CD version

I get what they're going for, and I don't really have a problem with that, but it's just not usually done well. Not in that the production is bad, but the singing, the playing, even most of the musical ideas and melodies aren't particularly good.

However, there are a couple good tracks, namely Bad Seeds and Foggy Eyes. That, and the album is cute, which is an interesting aesthetic to go for. But that's about it.

>2/5
>>
>>72873768
Get Slanted and Enchanted out of the way because I'm certain you will hate it
>>
>>72874148
Alright

Also I have no idea what to expect out of it except for that one guy with the Hawaiian shirt
>>
>>72874193
LOL great meme
>>
>>72874193
>guy with the Hawaiian Shirt
that's a meme

expect lo-fi slacker rock, with all the good and the bad that that schema brings
>>
>>72874193
also keep in mind that at this point their drummer couldn't play so good, so they have a guy bashing a cymbal and shouting hype phrases like "I'm Trying", which is something I don't think a lot of people appreciate
>>
>>72872713
No he's fucking not.
>>
Hello?
>>
DUDE
U
D
E
>>
Thanks to my cat for keeping me company while I do laundry and listen to Slanted and Enchanted
>>
>>72874805
Don't forget us!
>>
>>72874815
You're not as cool as my cat though
>>
>>72874884
Oh, I think you're cool though
>>
>>72873706
really need to listen to TAT. i was just on a comp that has Sophiaaaa on it.
>>
>>72875039
Yeah I know! I just listened to it. Fantastic comp, really happy with it.
>>
>>72875082
haven't heard it yet myself. excited to give it a listen tonight!
>>
>>72873199
>>72873270
emotional mugger kinda blows, check out melted. track after track of bangers.
>>
>>72872616
Please keep relistening to mine and Tuco's albums until my average is greater than flippin Tuco's.
Thanks,
-Jangle
>>
>>72875099
Your track was real cool. I'm loving this growing trend in glitch music. Very hard hitting.
>>
File: 1450755393444.jpg (32KB, 360x345px) Image search: [Google]
1450755393444.jpg
32KB, 360x345px
Nothing that great really :/

>David Thomas Broughton vs. 7 Hertz – s/t
MMMMM this dude’s voice makes wanna N U T. He’s a fucking master at making these drawn-out avant-folk pieces that I feel stretch on for a really satisfying, realized amount of time. Except, on this album he doesn’t really execute it as gracefully. Most of these songs really just felt like loops like the track’s first half was just mirrored and there wasn’t much progression at all, especially the last two tracks. I’d say give this a shot if you’re really into this whole avant-folk thing or you’ve enjoyed this guy’s previous work.

>Del tha Funkeé Homosapien - I Wish My Brother George Was Here
Del’s flow sounds straight out of an educational video from the 90s about fractions or some shit, so I have absolutely no idea why I like it so much. It might have something to do with the fact that he’s an expert at owning that sort of articulation, and he’s popped up in so many different projects I love. For sure one of the best “golden-era” MCs. This album really shows a lot of his chops well, and if you’re a fan of the dude’s features I’d highly rec this, but there’s undeniably some shitty filler in the middle, and about 1/3 of the album’s hooks are just abysmal. Still a fun listen though.

>Discordance Axis - Jouhou
Much less consistent than their latter album, which is really unfortunate. There are basically zero reasons for EVERY song to be good on a grindcore album and if it’s otherwise you fucked up big time buddy. Definitely worth the listen if The Inalienable Dreamlessness was your jam. Otherwise a pretty easy pass.

1/5
>>
File: 1450755401689.jpg (41KB, 317x342px) Image search: [Google]
1450755401689.jpg
41KB, 317x342px
>>72875198

>Voo Voo - Sno-powiązałka
For a polish post-punk album, this certainly didn’t satisfy me as much as I’d hoped, but it does a lot of things right. The jazz fusion + post-punk vibe really adds to an eerie atmosphere that I enjoyed the shit out of living in for about 40 minutes. There just weren’t too many tracks that were that memorable or satisfying by themselves. A good album nonetheless if you’re interested in a pretty expansive album for post-punk.

>目黒将司 - Persona 5 Original Soundtrack
Haven’t played the game yet, but I’m digging the SHIT out of this soundtrack. WARNING: only for people who have unironically jammed to Jamiroquai in their life (this is me). The Acid Jazz genre is something I see done well so rarely, so a lot of this was refreshing to hear. Nearly every theme and general song kicks so much ass, that it makes me sad that I’m rating this much lower than I want to. Because, ultimately, it has SO many OST-isms that really make it not work too well as an album. Like, okay, the title theme is great, but the four separate versions are not really needed. No one cares. People that make soundtracks listen up: JUST PUT THE SONGS PEOPLE LIKE ON AN ALBUM. YOU DON’T NEED TO REPEAT YOURSELF. NO ONE CARE. AAAAAA. Virtually zero filler, but waaaay too much repetition that I can’t recommend this to anybody who isn’t already somewhat familiar with the series or the music.

>Boredoms – Chocolate Synthesizer
Really I just view this as a collection of really awesome moments. It’s all over the place and probably the least cohesive thing ever, but it works really well for itself especially when paired with Boredoms’ attitude. They’ve done much better, especially when they stick to a few ideas thematically over the course of an LP-length, but there’s a couple good songs here.

2/5
>>
File: 1450750518259.jpg (100KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1450750518259.jpg
100KB, 960x720px
>>72875216

>Morton Feldman - Rothko Chapel; Why Patterns?
Feldman is the master of crafting eerie, empty soundscapes. I really do enjoy how he uses silence to his advantage, but overall it has the disadvantage of losing my interest out of being just so empty. However, I did enjoy a really good chunk of it, especially the last half of the first piece. Rothko Chapel definitely is > Why Patterns for my money.

> Priests - Nothing Feels Natural
For a post-punk album in 2017, this does a lot of things very right. For starters, JJ and the s/t track were all great. “Suck” is probably one of my favorite tracks to come out this year. The singer overall really didn’t do it for me, and nearly every song I didn’t just mention was either just wasn’t good or had some defining bad moments. Proud of this album for the ambition it has, but “Life Without Buildings” is an example of a band that does this type of thing much better.

> Republika - 1991
Last time I reviewed a Republika album I said “When does this band start getting BAD??” and I’ve clearly found my answer in 1991. There’s a few alright pop-rock tracks, but none of it really stands on it’s own, and it’s 1000x less interesting than any album they put out before this one. The energy and the pacing were all here, but it was just more boring in general.

> Ricardo Villalobos - Achso
Idk what makes this an “EP” really. It’s fifty minutes long, although only four tracks. Perhaps it has about half of the effort as something like Alcahofa? It seems like it, as for something decently shorter, only half the tracks (1 and 3) really interested me at all. The rest had very long stretches of bland moments. Pretty passible, even if you are a bleep boi.

> Michael Gordon – Decasia
Definitely see what someone could get out of this, but after a while it just got tiring and repetitious.

3/5
>>
File: 1471146772797.jpg (42KB, 500x316px) Image search: [Google]
1471146772797.jpg
42KB, 500x316px
>>72875237

> サディスティック・ミカ・バンド - 黒船
Not bad at all. In fact, it’s just pretty passible psych/funk stereotypes stretched out over the course of an LP length. Nothing extremely memorable save for tracks 2 and 5, and the B-side was extremely bland.

> Chelsea Wolfe - Ἀποkάλυψις
Very very okay goth music. It’s kind of just slower, less edgy (sadly), and less to-the-point version of early Nick Cave. I think the “atmosphere” is really shallow and doesn’t really do much for me at all honestly.

> X Japan - Art of Life
Over the course of about 29 minutes, it’s basically just a collection of some really cool moments and a whole lot of nothing in between. Butt-metal works at it’s best when it’s just unapologetic and high energy ex: Bat Outta Hell. Just listen to that song twice instead of hearing this once because that shit bangs, right?

> Jay Munly - Jimmy Carter Syndrome
See, THIS is the shit I’m talking about. I want to love Goth-Country, but so much of it is just bad to me. This is a little worse than their album just after, but all in all it just sounds like slowcore + Americana. Idk I can’t get into much of this though I really wanna.

> Univers Zéro - Ceux du Dehors
I’m not huge on Avant-Prog, but I can definitively say that the first song on this album is one of the genre’s greatest accomplishments. It’s complex, yet has an underlying sense of melody and clear progression, which is all I ask from something in this genre. The rest of the album is a giant snoozefest though. Ranges from passible to off-putting.

> Why? - Oaklandazulasylum
“Early Whitney” is uncharacteristically good. It’s pretty much one of the best emo/AnCo-esque songs out there and I’d highly recommend hearing that one track. However, I really can’t get into this style of indie-hop. I think even though I didn’t enjoy it that much, it was done much better on Alopecia. Pretty bad, but holy goddamn is that one song astounding.

4/5
>>
File: may chart.jpg (3MB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
may chart.jpg
3MB, 3000x3000px
>>72875252

>Jónsi - Go
Not THAT terrible or anything. In fact, it’s some of the greatest car commercial music put to wax. Instrumentally sound pop music, but predictable as hell, and plays itself like a nightcore post-rock album, with every song just pretty much being a faster post-rock song.

> Faxed Head - Chiropractic
Avant-Metal fronted by Strong Bad. Honestly, I didn’t even mind the second track, but the vocalist was laughably terrible and nothing instrumentally really peaked my interest. Kinda bad just stick to Gorguts or something dude.

Whut next
>>
>>72875271
Laurel Halo
>>
>>72875271
Dungen - Haxan
>>
>>72875271
narrowing type
not pasteboard though
>>
>>72875281
>>72875287
k love you

>>72875309
do the 2017 chart bich
>>
>>72875271
geez you did this one fast
>>
>>72875325
im on it i swear i had a busy day yesteray
>>
>>72875358
daily > life
>>
>>72875367
yes but tbf anything > life
>>
>>72875337
Usually I'll take a few days breaks with charts, I just didn't do it much here.

>>72875367
tha motto
>>
File: untitled.jpg (13KB, 500x571px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
13KB, 500x571px
>>72875394
damn..
>>
File: 2016 clearout 3.jpg (1MB, 2848x2296px) Image search: [Google]
2016 clearout 3.jpg
1MB, 2848x2296px
>Giovanni Lami - Bias
It feels like a standard ambient record is being drowned in tape hiss, still just below the surface. very interesting style. Feels like it will grow on me with more listens.
7/10

>Leyden Jars - Heat Death
Standard ambient dub. Think I heard a voice for a few seconds. Kinda spooky. Meh.
5/10

>Lil Yachty - Lil Boat the Mixtape
"Man, Lil Yachty is really obsessed with getting fucked, isn't he?
The crude lyrics doesn't suit the colorful production at all."
~Bishopboy1999
7/10

>C L E A N E R S - Real Raga Shit Vol. 1
Sound collage record. Lots of cool moments, but it never really finds its footing or turns into anything very interesting. Effective use of sampling though, especially that one that was some giant monologue against women that sounded like it was from a 40s movie.
6/10

>Yuka Ijichi - Peanuts Butter
Instrumentally bad. Technically adorable. Sadly not adorable enough for me to give a huge rec to. If you're into indie pop, this is probably worth the little under 30 minutes.
5/10
>>
File: a3759696365_10.jpg (159KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a3759696365_10.jpg
159KB, 1200x1200px
>>72875431

>Jim O'Rourke - Long Night
some people think too much about too little
some people think too little about the little things
some people don't need to sleep to get good grades
some people don't sleep and still get very bad grades
don't find a balance
don't learn from it
some people hate music
it's 3AM
spoken for the future
8/10

Some other stuff i wanna shout out from the last few days (not on the chart):
>DJ Del Monte - 80s POP TRAX
addictive footwork enfused jungley stuff, found on the backend of bandcamp. really addictive and surprisingly well produced.
https://dj-del-monte.bandcamp.com/album/80s-pop-trax

>ofthebears - am
Solid, short noise record made using the sounds of AM radios.
https://ofthebears.bandcamp.com/album/am

>空隙 - 魂
Another contender for the title of "the end of plunderphonics." starts as a kinda standard experimental vapor record. ends with your laptop melting.
https://voidvoid.bandcamp.com/album/--9

>Constanza Castagnet - 33443286
Electroacoustic stuff from Argentina. Good if you're getting into the genre and want something more challenging, since the vocals aren't too abstract and the sampling is fairly simple to keep track of while still being captivating.
https://constanzacastagnet.bandcamp.com/album/33443286

>>72875178
Thanks! Probably gonna have something out on that label within a few months. Expect that to be a lot more ambient though. Like, a lot more ambient. And better produced.

>>72875198
>MMMMM this dude’s voice makes wanna N U T.
Broughton should just front a band at this point. Would solve most all issues i have with his music.

>>72875237
at this point, an EP is a record the artist wants you to take on a different scale then their main work. it indicates smaller amount of ideas being expressed, disregarding how good those ideas may be.
>>
>>72875431
nice opinions dipshit
>>
>>72875442
thanks fullbody
>>
>>72875438
I'll probably still be interested. I tend to enjoy music dealing in either extreme: really loud or really quiet
>>
>>72875505
this new thing is p quiet.
>>
>>72875438
>noise record made using the sounds of AM radios.
hey i have some songs made that way. me and that person's executions are quite different though, from listening to that first song.

https://soundcloud.com/roezlf/transmission-3
its here if anyone wants to listen
>>
>>72875808
those female vocals are really interesting.
>>
I miss the days when whenever I was bored, I could just go on 4chan and find hours upon hours of entertainment. Now I just come here to make a shitpost and then barely look at the responses. And I'm so bored.
>>
>new Burial review

I have recently been thinking of Burial records as of phantom memories of different locations that reverberate in static and surrounding sounds. It sort of does work better with his latest materials, where it is more about the ambience and not about the nightlife echoes that have been loaded all over his post-garage material up to Rival Dealer.

Well Young Death/Nightmarket didn’t really work that well.

Subtemple, however, seems to find a certain ground of hypnotic simplicity (the clock ticking, the three-note toy piano) and the standard ghostly vocals of various artists. The two major minimalist elements make this track memorable unlike the previous ambient effort by Burial and it is a pleasant feeling. It's a great track.

Beachfires spends some time searching for some purpose, sounding like some transitional sections from his older material. The reverberated vocals give it some sense of majesty, but it falls short of establishing anything memorable. Then it just seems to follow a copy-paste technique of hollow ambient. Just feels like he was gasping for ideas. It still has some emotional depth to it, but Burial always managed to flesh out a sense of progression in his symphonies of loneliness. Kindred EP, Truant/Rough Sleeper and Rival Dealer jumped from one soundscape to another with a sense of purpose. Feeding me with Beachfires after that just seems tasteless.

I enjoyed the first track very much, the second was just hollow in terms of content.

Interested to see where he goes next though.

6-/10
>>
File: me irl.jpg (120KB, 436x700px) Image search: [Google]
me irl.jpg
120KB, 436x700px
>>72876136
hahahaha have you seen this lol
>>
MAC NIGGER
>>
>>72876136
Just stop being lazy hamp and read something, go Garden, record an onkyo album for the memes, meditate, sleep, etc
>>
>>72876136
cry me a river faggot

/mu/ is a million times better now that it's all trap and shitposts rather than indie pop and actual bad posts
>>
>>72876136
Steeeek
>>
>>72876174
>I have recently been thinking of Burial records as of phantom memories of different locations that reverberate in static and surrounding sounds.
Holy fucking shit what a word sallad lmao.
>>72876189
Hilarious.
>>72876198
>read something,
I don't feel like reading anything in my book shelf right now.
>go Garden
what?
>record
Too late for that, my neighbours will be upset. Also my amplifier isn't here.
>meditate
Boring
>sleep
Depressing

>>72876206
It's funny because I didn't say anything about /mu/ at all.
>>
>>72876136
What's it like having a country being overrun by muslims?
>>
>>72876252
I don't know, but I'm sure you're really eager to tell me!
>>
>>72876241
You're a word salad
>>
>>72876241
thanks man talk to you later alrigth
>>
>>72876174
hey doggy! I got to see Jandek live last week, it was fucking crazy

how r u
>>
Dog wander I'm so glad you loved partites for violin, have you heard the cello suites? You should check out the ones done by Fournier
>>
As much as people meme him, I think it would be really interesting to drone AntiWarhol. I like all the dub techno he likes and I'm sure I'd like more of it.

>>72876136
Do you think maybe people are just baited a little less easy?
>>
>>72876439
Not at all, I think it's entirely on me. I've changed, and I'm just not amused by the same things as /mu/ anymore.

I guess I am literally growing old.
>>
File: IMG_2487.gif (1MB, 355x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2487.gif
1MB, 355x200px
>>72875271
>with every song just pretty much being a faster post-rock song.
>implying that this isn't a good thing

>>72875438
What do you think I should check out first? The plunderphonics one jumped out at me but are these all decent

>>72876136
Rip

>>72876439
I'm beginning to believe that dub techno is the worse serious genre in electronic music
>>
>>72876478
Del Monte is my favorite of the bunch. do that and the plunderphonics one first. should be about 50 minutes combined between the two.
>>
>>72876478
yeah dude dub techno sucks. also 22 a million is a 10/10
>>
>>72876394
I loved Partitas since i was a kid cause the second one is my mom's favorite practice piece for violin :) this specific version was awesome

I haven't, will add to my backlog!
>>
>>72876439
Also of course people don't get baited by me anymore, since I've "come out" as a baiter. People are simply on guard more.

I've considered getting a new tripname and starting anew to see if that's more fun.
>>
>>72876392
That's awesome, jelly! Did he do a solo guitar set?

I'm ok, just depressed a lot lately but there's always some light to everything so I just keep on moving
>>
>>72876136
There is honestly no excuse to be bored ever.
Take up a hobby or read a book idiet.
>>
File: fish vs trip 2017.jpg (1MB, 1558x2700px) Image search: [Google]
fish vs trip 2017.jpg
1MB, 1558x2700px
>endon - through the mirror
i really don't like noisecore/grindcore/screamy aaaaaa music and this isn't any exception. there's some melodic motion throughout but it doesn't do enough to redeem how boring it is.
>>
File: IMG_1981.jpg (168KB, 1063x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1981.jpg
168KB, 1063x1600px
>>72876524
22, A million is not a 10/10

Its just very enjoyable

>>72876519
Will do
>>
>>72876584
See >>72876241

Also I'm a normie now, I'm usually bored when I'm alone. I'll post a photo of my bookshelf in a moment, someone can pick a book from that.
>>
File: 1492735810084.png (272KB, 485x489px) Image search: [Google]
1492735810084.png
272KB, 485x489px
>>72876614
o shit
my bad for thinking that you considered an album you rated 5 stars out of 5 a 10/10
>>
>>72876640
Actually nvm, I tried and even with my DSLR the spines aren't really readable on all books.
>>
File: IMG_2461.jpg (56KB, 661x811px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2461.jpg
56KB, 661x811px
>>72876647
There is no 10/10 album ya stupe

And there never will be because nobody can completely objectively rate music
>>
>>72876747
that doesn't make any sense
>>
>>72876563
Poor doggy :c
hang in there

he had a full band. Bass, guitar, guy programming drums/noise stuff.
It was really bizarre funk stuff with like 90's club rhythms. but all the songs were super long and he would just ramble off key for a while, do an interpretive dance, then sit down in a chair on the side of the stage. There was also a girl he did duets with that was p good.

not what I expected at all
>>
>>72876747
who cares about objectivity lmao
>>
>>72876640
Yes clearly that list exhausts every possible option, have fun staring at a wall then I guess.
>>
>>72876792
My main redirect was that it's too late at night now, I can't really do anything that makes sound. I was considering hitting the pub, but I don't really have money for that.
>>
>>72876781
I don't which is why my "10/10" albums are just albums I enjoy unconditionally

>>72876763
Mhm
>>
>>72876819
why dont you just call them 10/10 without the quotes then
>>
>>72876778
I'm trying

That was probably Sterling's wife. Sheila has been partying with him for a couple of years now. She's pretty cool
>>
>>72876819
oh shut up
>>
File: IMG_4224 copy.jpg (362KB, 1078x1052px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4224 copy.jpg
362KB, 1078x1052px
>>72876815
Since you're a wannabe Engineer now, design something and draw up some schematics for a shelf or wooden record crate or something, and build it.
I spent literally all day at work drawing trebuchet cross-sections and doing optimization calculations.
>>
>>72876852
They don't have quotes on my profile, where it says they're essentially albums that I can't help but enjoy each song individually and the package they come in

Though some of those 9/10 albums have fucked up ratios of opinion:composition

>>72876870
my b for being pretentious
>>
>>72876978
hahaha nerd
>>
>>72877297
hahaha nerd
>>
>>72877297
This
>>
>>72876978
>tfw just got off from my mechanical engineering design final
>wasn't even hard
>i got stuck with the shit instructor, did above average (considering averages were high Ds) meanwhile averages with good instructor were low Bs
>just couldn't give any real fucks to go HAM on my studying plus I got sick af yesterday

nigga design is gay as fuck. thermo or mechatronics is where its at
>>
>>72877793
k
>>
>>72878095
but it is, can't even come up with anything to say lmao
>>
>>72878230
p sure there would be no point

just like in bumping this thread
>>
File: backlog 1.jpg (1MB, 2808x1640px) Image search: [Google]
backlog 1.jpg
1MB, 2808x1640px
quick, about to head off on a longish drive to stay at the girlfriends folks house, pick something from my backlog to bump in the car
>>
>>72879167
Lucinda Williams
>>
>>72879167
harvey milk so ppl will think ur a bulldozer
>>
File: download.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
MAD niiiceee!
>>
>>72879167
Wolfman.
>>
>>72879167
but really tho, judee sill
>>
anybody here like to fonk a bonk?
>>
>>72879576
yes hi
>>
>>72879700
my man!
>>
>>72879576
not me
>>
Let's see what's going on in /kpg/ >>72879999 >>72880000
>>
File: IMG_8870.jpg (208KB, 1024x773px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8870.jpg
208KB, 1024x773px
Who on /daily/ knows the most about music?
>>
>>72880200
duh me

probably hampus tho
>>
>>72880200
me, obviously
>>
>>72880200
my dog appreciates Onkyo he is very patrician
>>
>>72880200
me
>>
>>72880200
dickevillage
>>
Just took a nap for the first time in months. Shit was blissful, but I'm drowsy now and I'll probably sleep worse tonight. Now I remember why I just drink coffee instead.

>>72880200
Very few of us have a good, formal, in-depth music education besides transgod I think. Maybe him?

>>72880222
does hampus have 4000+ RYM ratings tho???? THAT's what really counts.
>>
Also, that electronic + experimental music class I told y'all about is really interesting and cool, but I feel like it's all very surface level and based on stuff I already knew. I wouldn't recommend taking something like that unless you want an easy A.
>>
>>72880673
>does hampus have 4000+ RYM ratings tho???? THAT's what really counts.
tru...
>>
>>72880673
>besides transgod I think
well guess we have to keep looking then
>>
>>72880761
I am the king of /daily/

All hail fish

for real tho there were a couple guys who came and went like Patch Rat and Kubera who had plenty more RYM ratings than I. I could totally see myself hitting 10k in a few years and being done with RYM forever.

>>72880835
Is there anyone on /daily/ with a really good background in music other than "I play tha geetar I done listened to lotsa albums exdee"?
I'm unaware of anyone but him.
>>
>>72880861
I only took ap music theory and played percussion for 7 years but I don't know shit about history
>>
>>72880861
I can play kazoo.
>>
>>72881003
Kazooma Kazooma
>>72880861
Im classically trained in a meme instrument.
>>
>>72880965
I mean that's far more than most people in /daily/.

>>72881003
KING LETOV
>>
Which does /daily/ prefer?

The Money Store
Or Yeezus
>>
>>72881217
tms
>>
>>72881217
I know Yeezus is the more "cool" answer and I totally think the claim that Kanye bit DG's style is BS but TMS is a million times more creative. I like Ye a lot, but Yeezus is really really weak minus New Slaves and Black Skin head.
>>
File: rym.png (40KB, 922x515px) Image search: [Google]
rym.png
40KB, 922x515px
update to my rating system
>>
File: 1466984628830.png (3MB, 1672x1724px) Image search: [Google]
1466984628830.png
3MB, 1672x1724px
@triangle

It is not a problem, here is my half of the chart if you ever feel like finishing it. I can repost onions as well.

>>72881065
Do not post this ever again
>>
>>72880673
Napping ain't right
>>
File: 1475392087300.png (2MB, 1398x1052px) Image search: [Google]
1475392087300.png
2MB, 1398x1052px
>>72880673
>>72882360
i take a 1.5-2 hour nap everyday
>>
>>72882360
I kinda agree. It's nice every once in a while but I don't wanna get in the habit of it.

>>72882426
that's fucked. How well do you sleep?
>>
>>72882437
during classes 5-6 hours a night.. during weekends and breaks 10ish.. both not including nap
>>
>>72882426
>>72882437
Just makes you more tired
>>
>>72882685
It makes you feel more tired AND makes it harder to sleep. Miss me with that shit.
>>
File: 1470548105036.jpg (619KB, 1959x1469px) Image search: [Google]
1470548105036.jpg
619KB, 1959x1469px
>>72882838
i can't function/ can't get shit done if i don't take a nap
>>
>>72882870
I know it might taste like shit to you right now, but try coffee for the moment at least.

If you find you have trouble sleeping for a consistent period of time try taking melatonin, but don't get addicted to it like I was for a bit.
>>
File: women.jpg (73KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
women.jpg
73KB, 500x500px
RESPECT

WOMEN
>>
Fuck around,,,

geta bepis
>>
Can someone please recommend me some Cymbal accounts or spotify playlists focused around hiphop tracks that have a sort of intimidating sound?

pic related
>>
>>72875155
haha get fooked Jangle
>>
fuckkkk who had a first better five albumz than black sabbath,,, can maybe???

>>72883731
u heard ugly mane bruv

uneven compromise bumps

also dreamworld by blackout and also three six mafia
>>
>>72883787
Unwound if you conveniently ignore their self titled debut
>>
>>72883880
but i dont,

future of what is kinda lame

and their last is thair best

sabbath n can r the kinsg
>>
>>72883948
if u don't think future of what is the tightest shit get out of my face
>>
File: bye.jpg (20KB, 284x282px) Image search: [Google]
bye.jpg
20KB, 284x282px
>>72883981
aye,,,

i'm out then
>>
File: dailychartrbe.jpg (4MB, 4231x6355px) Image search: [Google]
dailychartrbe.jpg
4MB, 4231x6355px
zane - 7.00

>The Residents - Not Available
This is absolutely my taste. I didn't like Duck Stab so I wasn't quite sure what I would get but It's great. Amazing piano work and that overarching melody that keeps re-appearing nails it. It lost a bit of focus on part 3 but immediately was back on track.
9/11

>The Gerogerigegege - Instruments Disorder
While it's essentially the same throughout my emotions changed a lot through the course of this. Absolutely off the wall drumming with some great noise while the name of each part is screamed in different ways followed by "ONETWOTHREEFOUR" over and over. I couldn't stop giggling every time it happened. Which eventually faded away into "i am listening to something" and then it turned into a cold feeling against my bones.
7-/11

Sozialistiches Patienten Kollektiv - Leichenschrei
I was feeling this for the first half with the percussion and atmosphere, however it lost what it had going for it by the second, the slightly longer songs didn't help it.

I don't get how you claim this as the scariest album you've ever heard? It's definitely dark but I wouldn't call it scary at all.
5/11

Nice job, will be listening to Not Available a lot more. People were telling me I'd probably pan you the most.
blapp next.
>>
>>72883787
TMBG niBBa
>>
>>72884249
need to change to my new trip on this comp before i forget
>>
>>72884355
wait shit
>>
>>72884262
THIS

also i switched to legacy captcha recently and its sooooooooooo much better i would highly recommend it
>>
>>72884249
do meee,,

>>72884262
>>72884393
thee firs three tmbg albums are some of the best pop albums ever but the fouru and five are ehhh
>>
>>72884483
how are u gonna say that when fingertips exists
>>
>Disco album without Nile Rodgers on guitar
name a worse thing in all of music :0
>>
>>72884664
>name a worse thing in all of music
michael gira on a song
>>
fuckkkk disintegration is great "i miss my gf" music

>>72884647
that's one good song the album is eh tho

>>72884694
y u h8 swans

like i know it's cool for /mu/ now but i never got that
>>
>>72881217
TMS
>>
>>72884787
Liking music on /mu/ is just uncool in general.
>>
>>72884787
i disliked swans way before mu thought it was cool, shaking my cabeza

their music is all sweaty muscle mean anger blah and thats not my kinda thing
volcano is an amazing song tho its the opposite of all that
>>
http://i.imgur.com/rF7s8YU.jpg

The Church - Starfish (1988)
>jangle pop, neo-psychedelia, dream pop

Really nice and chill album. It operates from the psychedelic end of jangle pop, not unlike albums such as Underwater Moonlight, and this style of the genre is generally a lot more palatable to me than anything else. The guitar work is immaculate, sometimes riffy, sometimes ultra-psychedelic and soundscape focused, but no matter what it never misses a beat. The tracks focused on soundscapes are definitely really damn pretty, like the rest of the album, but they’re admittedly aimless, drifting away without much of a care for real song structure. Nevertheless, and atmospheric jangle pop classic.

3.0-

OMD - Dazzle Ships (1983)
>synthpop, new wave

The experimental genre tags got me really excited for this, but what I was presented was a half-baked mixture of synthpop tunes and weird attempts at sound collages. The collages are mostly little vocal things or recordings of fanfare. They’re uninteresting alone and they’re uninteresting within the context of the record. Luckily, OMD still pulls out some great tracks (“Telegraph” is incredible), but even their pop songwriting isn’t as fine-tuned as it was on Architecture & Morality. Still a fun album, and the experimental elements, while half-baked, are quite interesting.

2.5+

Meat Loaf - Bat Out of Hell (1977)
>rock opera, pop rock

Perfectly reflecting Meat Loaf as a person, this album is bombastic and admittedly cool, but still hilariously over-the-top, pointless, and a little bit gross. The title track is great, Fish was totally right. Damn fine riffage, a pompous vocal performance, and, shockingly enough, a total lack of pretentious. The rest sucks, though. It ranges from more rock & roll ballads in the style of the title track to softer piano ballads, and they’re all done poorly, and the camp value wears off by the last track. I’m glad I finally gave this a listen, even if it’s kinda lousy.

>>
>>72884483
I'll do you after transgod, who is after blapp.
>>
fuck around,,,

might give tuxedomoon a 10 tomorrow,,,stay tuned

>>72884874
tru

>>72884931
>their music is all sweaty muscle mean anger blah and thats not my kinda thing
fair enough

everything they made after 1995 is like that though

idc if you dislike them go ahead I just never really got the extreme hatred for them but maybe it's cuz I'm a post-punk/no wave dick sucker

>>72884972
the title track is legit one of the best rock songs ever written.

The rest is...eh....

>>72884997
thanks love u
>>
>>72885082
>after 1995 is
***isn't !!!
>>
>>72875237
ive seen two actual good futa subway vids.....

>>72882608
>>
File: Angery.jpg (131KB, 1212x1256px) Image search: [Google]
Angery.jpg
131KB, 1212x1256px
>>72884694
>>
Good morning /daily/!

I'm in Madrid, listening to The New Year. Hopefully I will get to meme up with s today :)
>>
File: IMG_5728.jpg (19KB, 164x124px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5728.jpg
19KB, 164x124px
>>72885198
its no use to cry over..................... spilt milk
>>
Weirdly enough, pretty much everything the Kadane brothers touch turns into an 8/10
>>
>>72879215
>>72879238
>>72879382
Cheers cobbas, we bounced some Screamin Jay and The Fall, smoked a j with her dad then spent a while hitting golf balls off the hills. Nice times.
>>
File: dfw 13.png (953KB, 946x662px) Image search: [Google]
dfw 13.png
953KB, 946x662px
>>72885622
>smoked a j with her dad
I have several questions
>>
>>72885622
Lol
>>
>>72885082
>might give tuxedomoon a 10 tomorrow,,,stay tuned
drone termi find new 10s, i swear why arent more people doing this
>>
>>72880861
where'd you get the idea i have more background than that? i said i'm taking a few music courses once but so did you, co, a few others i think?
boggle or trish would probably the most knowledgeable, they never post anymore tho. oh yeah mtg
>>
>>72887027
>mtg
jtg
>>
File: topsters2 (1).png (892KB, 1980x1064px) Image search: [Google]
topsters2 (1).png
892KB, 1980x1064px
good morning im sad

>>72880861
>Is there anyone on /daily/ with a really good background in music other than "I play tha geetar I done listened to lotsa albums exdee"?
i took music courses for a year bc it was free but my teacher was pretty bad and didnt come to the courses half of the time so nah

>>72887039
i didnt forget about common dreads i will listen to it in the afternoon
>>
>>72883241
agreed
>>
>>72885707
Ask away. (J means a cigarette containing the devils lettuce)
>>
>>72880861
>calling trishah patch rat
newfag
>>
>>72880861
ive been singing classical since elementary and took ap music theory but i don't think that's too impressive since im just graduating hs and don't know much history either
>>72884997
i have a feeling yr gonna hate all my albums haha
>>
>>72888982
wait not since elementary that's bs
since freshman year ig
>>
File: mornin_pigger.png (248KB, 600x463px) Image search: [Google]
mornin_pigger.png
248KB, 600x463px
Good morning /daily/!

>>72882923
>I know it might taste like shit to you right now, but try coffee
lmao, forgot there are children in these threads
>>
File: smilin_trane.jpg (19KB, 644x399px) Image search: [Google]
smilin_trane.jpg
19KB, 644x399px
I got my $5 broken garage sale tt working 100%
feelsgoodman

Question: are you better off selling a turntable with a broken needle or replacing it first?
If replace, a cheap one or a good budget one?
>>
>>72890172
don't cheap out on needles, I think red cartridges are like $20-25, it's a small but worthy investment
>>
>>72890320
idk what I'm smoking I meant $80-85
>>
>>72890320
I'm selling it immediately tho, are you saying it adds more than it's value to the table?
I have a good needle on my main tt.
>>
>>72887347
oh heck you liked Najebawszy
sicc, i thought it'd be p meh without understanding stuff
>>
>>72890347
I guess it depends on how old the turntable looks. Adding a modern needle to an old turntable might not do much actually. I guess it depends how knowledgeable the person you're selling it to is. How much of a profit are you looking to turn?
>>
>>72884249
>It lost a bit of focus on part 3 but immediately was back on track.
Aww that is my favorite track off it. You didn't fall in love with the "ships a goin down" x50?

Instruments Disorder is just so cathartic. Wish you would've liked Leichenschrei more. I might get your albums done today, not sure.
>>
>>72890394
I'm in about $20 at this point (bought a new belt), can prob get 80-100 for it on local classified ads.
I guess I'm asking if it'd be beneficial to the buyer's market to see a complete product, or to have one malleable to cartridge they want.
Like, if I bought a used table I'd replace the cart anyways, so a new needle is not worth anything, but if I was a newbie looking at LP120's and I saw a good fully working used alternative that's better and cheaper, i'd appreciate the addition.
I can get a cheap replacement needle for ~$20CAD.
rlly makes me think.........
>>
+++LISTENALONG+++
The Amazing Snakeheads - Amphetamine Ballads
>Punk Blues, Garage Rock, Psychedelic Rock

youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8NBXYzlvLE
spotify
https://open.spotify.com/album/0aC2T3GbkyhsAc4BUWd2vP
>>
File: 1476046754164.jpg (61KB, 589x604px) Image search: [Google]
1476046754164.jpg
61KB, 589x604px
Lots of tunes.. For singles:
>ちょろゴンず [Chorogons] - イシュカン・コミュニケーション
Fuck this is good
4.5/5
>소녀시대 [Girls' Generation] - Gee
4/5
>Denzel Curry - Ultimate
3.5/5
>emamouse - Tiny Mice Rice
3.5/5
>Nina Simone - Mississippi Goddam / Sea Lion Woman
3.5/5
>(Sandy) Alex G - Sportstar
3/5
>Felicita - thanks/bye
3/5
>HEALTH - Tears
3/5
>Move D - Got Thing
2.5/5
>Valerie Dore - Get Closer
2.5/5
>きゃりーぱみゅぱみゅ [Kyary Pamyu Pamyu] - なんだこれMix
2.5/5

Non-singles:
>Reinbert de Leeuw - Gnossiennes; Gymnopédies; Ogives; Trois sarabandes; Petite ouverture à danser
Holy fuck, why'd it take me so long to hear this. The piano has always been one of my favorite instruments, the aesthetic here is 10/10, and I love melancholic music.
4.5/5
>The Avalanches - The Album
Definitely better version of SILY, although I thought With My Baby was going to be a lot better than it actually was.
4/5
>you c + foresteppe - Seven Sleepers
4/5
>Burial - Subtemple / Beachfires
Felt directionless
2.5/5
>Citrus - Wispy, No Mercy
2.5/5
>>
>>72886693
cuz yer a stinky boy ;))

>>72887027
idk maybe I had you confused x/

>>72888535
I've just had more contact with him on RYM than /mu/ so that's how I know him as

>>72888982
to be fair that's more than most of us have

>>72890093
I'm just saying that because when I started drinking coffee a couple years ago I hated it

>>72890526
ohboyohboy
>>
yall ever play with one of these ߷
>>
File: cat no banana.png (298KB, 402x404px) Image search: [Google]
cat no banana.png
298KB, 402x404px
>>72890637
>>
Got a tick while taking a walk today, music for this feel?
>>
>>72890935
Eric La Casa - Secousses panoramiques
>>
>>72890947
are these field recordings of usual walking environments? that'd be p mem
>>
>>72891050
kind of. it's field recordings of industrial areas edited down and recorded as to sound like a hellscape.
>>
>>72891072
that doesnt sound tick friendly
oh well
>>
>>72891135
i was thinking more from the perspective of nature slowly leeching off your own body.
>>
File: jpg2.jpg (2MB, 2439x1680px) Image search: [Google]
jpg2.jpg
2MB, 2439x1680px
ゲルニカ [Guernica] - 新世紀への運河 (Shinseiki e no Unga)
[1998]

Theatrical mix of pop and classical. The vocals are cool, and there's some compositionally very interesting songs, but it really shouldn't be this tiring given its 30 minute runtime. Still pretty good.

Electric Wizard - Dopethrone
[2000]

Damn the sound these guys are going for is cool. Killer riffs and killer vocals, only problem is it's very samey but that's ultimately ok.

>>
File: Jelly Tones.jpg (58KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Jelly Tones.jpg
58KB, 500x500px
>album with under 300 ratings is on the /mu/core chart
hmmmmmmmmmmm......
>>
>>72891609
it p wahtevs
>>
>>72891609
It was a forced meme a couple years ago
>>
>>72891687
listening to it now and youre right

>>72891700
whats so meme about it besides it not being very good
>>
>>72891798
forced memes don't have to be memey
>>
>>72891609
My guess is it was done in an attempt to keep bleeps less eurocentric? Bad album tho.
>>
>>72890935
Bikini kill, le Tigre, anything Kathleen Hanna
>>
File: 1495297023150.png (393KB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
1495297023150.png
393KB, 1732x1732px
Listenalong is alright actually.
>>
File: IMG_20170519_151301.jpg (1MB, 2860x1052px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170519_151301.jpg
1MB, 2860x1052px
>Pavement - Slanted and Enchanted

Sometimes so regular and mediocre it's laughable. Has a place in the staggering heap of washed out, uninspired and uninteresting albums.

The only thing I really appreciate here is the noisier parts, but that's about it.

>1.5/5
>>
Also, no idea what it has to do with that Hawaiian guy
>>
File: IMG_7114.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7114.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
:ok_hand:
>>
>>72892769
who's the italian guy
>>
>>72892769
Who is the guy on the left?
>>
>>72892769
>s for small
>>
File: topsters2 (2).png (2MB, 1662x910px) Image search: [Google]
topsters2 (2).png
2MB, 1662x910px
ken ishii more like ken is shiit

>>72892769
viva.....
>>
>>72892701
I fucking knew it

now listen to it again
>>
>>72893063
fkn
watch stager already
>>
>>72893182
i watch what i want when i want

if i have to deal with another person asking me to watch stalker already im gonna swap it out
>>
>>72893457
I highly recommend watching Stalker. You should watch it next.
>>
File: IMG_7115.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7115.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>72892769
I relooked at the picture and Mr. S is not smiling :/

Here is one where we both are smiling.

Thanks a lot for the help, you're a true bro s !
>>
>>72893707
how are u guys standing sideways
>>
>>72893718
It's a mirage
>>
>>72893774
when was the wedding?

Congrats you two!
>>
>>72893798
Can't remember
>>
this release has probably the worst review page i've ever seen on rym
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/the_crainium/a_new_music_for_a_new_kitchen/
>>
>>72894046
>sellmeagod
>:|
>awesome
beautiful
>>
>>72894046
That's nothing compared to the Ben Stiller on drums one
>>
>>72894086
No shit.
>>72894046
there's also the reviews for quadrant dub/phylyps trak
>>
>>72892769
fire emoji
>>
>>72894046
not possibly worse than any of the bottom chart-toppers'
fastro being fastro doesn't bother me anymore
>>
what pops into your head when i say "pathetic old man" ?
>>
>>72894325
me
>>
>>72894325
keiji haino
>>
>>72894046
looks like a trans 5/5
>>
>>72894294
oh nvm, i just realized what you were talking about
>>72894380
>no wave
hmm
>herkyjerky 5
maybe, i'll give it a try
>>
File: listen.png (404KB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
listen.png
404KB, 1732x1732px
>>
File: Freeform.jpg (2MB, 1560x720px) Image search: [Google]
Freeform.jpg
2MB, 1560x720px
Hey everyone.

Too tired to write reviews today but here's a quick chart bump. AMA if you wanna know something I guess.

Gonna scope out Roxy & Elsewhere and the new Snoop before probably moving onto a new chart.
>>
>>72894584
>acid arcadia 3.5
>nail 4.0
>chinese nu yr 4.0
i always forget how good your taste is. thoughts on the books?
>>
>>72894697
Hey thanks man!

The Books album was definitely one of the more interesting albums on the chart, not gonna lie. Loved the combo of organic instrumentation and the electronic textures (not sure how else to describe it). The banjo and little dialogue snippets in particular made for a super unique atmosphere.

The whole sound collage thing is still quite strange to me though, so I'm not sure how much I'll come back to it. And as a whole, it's a little too... cold for me if that makes sense

Very cool listen though
>>
>>72894816
>it's a little too... cold for me if that makes sense
try zammuto's s/t record. he's one half of the books.
>>
>>72892149
I'm SO hype for you to hear Roxy. Ya might not love it entirely, but it's definitely filled with some of Zappa's best moments.

>>72894816
dont give up on the books pham. They have stuff that's way more subtle like Lost and Safe and stuff that's more bombastic and straight-forward like The Way Out. Maybe it's just not your thing, but they're for sure one of the most worthwhile bands from the 00s.
>>
>>72894937
>>72894969
Yeah, I still need to check out more by the Books. I've heard great things and I definitely thought that album had some incredibly unique ideas going on.

>>72894969
Yeah man I've been excited for that for a while! Leaving it for the end of the chart though, I want to cap it off with something cool
>>
File: torts listens.png (443KB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
torts listens.png
443KB, 1732x1732px
Meh.
>>
>>72895646
lul thats a good review
>>
File: help.png (97KB, 1112x796px) Image search: [Google]
help.png
97KB, 1112x796px
guys please help how do i make it so that rym gives me albums that have specifically two genres? or did i pick a combination with no results? please tell me i didnt
>>
File: 1395657.jpg (8KB, 170x170px) Image search: [Google]
1395657.jpg
8KB, 170x170px
just a reminder that this is actually perfect
>>
File: hmmplant.png (63KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
hmmplant.png
63KB, 512x512px
>>72895946
is Yamir screenshot posts the best meme in /daily/?

Hmm.
>>
>>72895946
unfortunately you can't do that
I also wish you could search secondaries
>>
>>72895946
wait for sonemic
>>72895975
most underrated, for sure
>>
>>72895992
>unfortunately you can't do that
can sonemic do it though.....

>>72895975
maybe not the best one, but certainly the darkest one
>>
>>72895948
I'd rip my copy if I could and if my player wasn't shit
>>
>>72896090
do u srsly have that on vinyl
i'd pay an unseemly amount of money for such an item
>>
>>72895948
perfect for ants, maybe
>>
>>72896232
hb this
>>
File: rip my curve.png (3MB, 2661x1680px) Image search: [Google]
rip my curve.png
3MB, 2661x1680px
Sonny Sharrock - Ask the Ages
Impressive lineup considering this was released in the 90s, and the first half was pretty great. I loved the psychedelic rock-esque guitar sound. The second half was a bit weaker compositionally, but the performance on the track Many Mansions was killer.

WHAT NEXT
>>
>>72896414
Idle Moments
>>
>>72896538
got it
>>
>>72896414
shorter!
>>
File: 4679330.jpg (10KB, 170x263px) Image search: [Google]
4679330.jpg
10KB, 170x263px
Changed my mind about Montgomery, after another listen. Effective when you're in a certain state of mind, but weary outside of it.

>Acrania-Totalitarian Dystopia
>Deathcore Metal

I admit that the cover looks kinda neat with the people feeding themselves to the fatty, but the logo is still stupid.

Them drums got that really nasty fake sound to them that I can't help but despise. They aren't booming, they don't have any satisfying thump to them-- they're muted to keep vocals and guitar up front. The band feels much more in-your-face because of this, but they have less impact. Which may also have to do with the fact that the guitars are always playing the same 4 notes.

The vocals can go from guttural to squealing in seconds, making for a more engaging listen. The album title track was my favorite in that regard.

Otherwise, sleep-inducing and very flat. Kinda like young children dabbing very quickly-- it's kinda stupid to look at, they're all below 4 feet in height... but one of them is dabbing with both arms, occasionally shuffling his feet, and is somehow maintaining eye contact with passerby.

3/10

>Ihor Cymbrows'kyj - Przyjd? aniele
>Singer songwriter + electronic

Without understanding the lyrics, the voice is sultry and ambiguous in gender-- the highlight of the album. Behind it is a simple piano, flexible in its range and playing. There are some great moments in this album to make it memorable for a non-speaker, such as Tracks 2 and 5.

This guy could be singing about how Fishmans is the worst band, and it would still sound lovely. (Not true, by the way)

7/10

>>72895948
seconding this

>>72896414
do undercurrent for that neat album art
>>
File: FirstCharAccel.jpg (2MB, 2911x1988px) Image search: [Google]
FirstCharAccel.jpg
2MB, 2911x1988px
>>72896702
>Rubber Sole - Neu Balance
>Ambient House

This album is strange, in that its theme doesn't feel clearly designed, aside from the seemingly capitalist statement of its album cover. It falls through stages of minimalism, before becoming gravel-like in texture.

Better off alone is an excellent starting track, and it grabbed me from the initial gentle sirens and busyness. From there, some of the songs seems to have a lot of establishing introductions before settling into house grooves-- get up being a good example, going from a skittering bug to panning the camera around a cavern. Other tracks stick to the traditional house formula, albeit it with comfy soft synth textures and off-kilter rhythms. trsx moon in particular is a good track.

This album SHOULD be grabbing me, since its got the more than a few colours and textures. Maybe its because the sounds are pleasing, but don't explore new melodies-- just new patterns. So basically because it's house.

6/10

>Vangelis - Blade Runner
>Progressive Electronic, Film Score, Ambient

so i saw there was an "ESPER" version, listened to it

and THAT is an 8/10

>Archie Shepp - The Way Ahead
>Free Jazz

A very cool-headed approach to free jazz; wouldn't be sure if I could even call it that, without Archie's saxaphone wails. There are a lot of small moments, including Ron Carter's precise bass plucks in Frankenstein and some fantastic drumming from Beaver Harris. Walter Davis Jr. adds another layer of conflicting feelings between the lead instruments, and isn't afraid to take subtle roles.

Harris, specifically, is great at keeping the entire drum set busy underneath the isolated calls of sax. With the complementary brass, the atmosphere for this album can only be described as dream-like. Very natural-sounding for free jazz, with a lot of character.

8/10
>>
>>72896746
>that Can score
do suicide next
>>
>>72896897
this works on multiple levels
impressive
>>
File: 1494258717560.jpg (161KB, 503x524px) Image search: [Google]
1494258717560.jpg
161KB, 503x524px
bitch i am ultimate behold my awesomeness narcissist part time an arsonist
>>
>>72896897
I liked this post. It made me laugh.
>>
File: anger.jpg (74KB, 940x736px) Image search: [Google]
anger.jpg
74KB, 940x736px
>>72897165
>>
>>72896746
Come on...keep listening to Can. The big three Can albums are maybe the only albums in the world I'd have the tenacity to call objectively great
>>
>>72897256
>>72896925
newbies
>>
>>72897772
no u
>>
>>72896746
More importantly keep listening to Slam.
>>
join the plug

https://plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>>
>>72898143
:|
>>
>>72898157
don't yuck other people's yums
>>
>>72898193
i didnt yuk nuthin niBBa
>>
too...legit

too legit ribbit
>>
File: listenalong.png (525KB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
listenalong.png
525KB, 1732x1732px
>>
File: fldsa.png (610KB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
fldsa.png
610KB, 1732x1732px
>>
File: 1470003323743.png (680KB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
1470003323743.png
680KB, 1732x1732px
Oops, I did it again.
>>
File: Listenalong Snakeheads.png (703KB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
Listenalong Snakeheads.png
703KB, 1732x1732px
>>
File: IMG_2497.jpg (30KB, 400x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2497.jpg
30KB, 400x360px
Who was the trip that liked Momus

Should I listen to this
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/momus-john-henriksson/thunderclown/
>>
>>72899823
jimmy jazz iirc
>>
>>72896925
better rev up your daily meme knowledge ;o)
>>
>>72899884
how do stick know a meme i dont :(
>>
>>72899823
me
that album is good i wouldnt make it ur first momus album if you havent heard any b4 though
>>
File: 1491251974025.jpg (12KB, 299x272px) Image search: [Google]
1491251974025.jpg
12KB, 299x272px
Mods are asleep
Post David Thomas

>>72896746
>>72896702
Acceptable opinions
>>
>>72899926
rev
get it
martin
>>
>>72900011
o
nice
>>
>72900000
>72999999

I swear to god if it's K-pop General again
>>
>>72900037
Shit

>>72900000
>>72999999
>>
File: 1483015094513.jpg (46KB, 325x484px) Image search: [Google]
1483015094513.jpg
46KB, 325x484px
>>72899992
>>
File: 1467195724474.jpg (25KB, 308x450px) Image search: [Google]
1467195724474.jpg
25KB, 308x450px
>>72900062
>>
>>72899841
anyone seen him?
>>
File: 1482792206270.jpg (2MB, 2002x1402px) Image search: [Google]
1482792206270.jpg
2MB, 2002x1402px
>>72900111
Fun fact: David Thomas was a Jehovah's Witness during the late 70s and early 80s
>>
>>72899978
does it not sound like thom yorke drunkenly singing on skype

>>72900050
im ok with that quint

>>72900122
he just went to sleep
>>
File: 1476356030442.jpg (15KB, 400x333px) Image search: [Google]
1476356030442.jpg
15KB, 400x333px
>>72900145
>>
File: 1489437951583.jpg (41KB, 770x685px) Image search: [Google]
1489437951583.jpg
41KB, 770x685px
>>72900177
*tips fedora*
>>
>>72900159
lol no momus isnt anything like radiohead
he's a very funny humourous smart electronicy folk singer songwriter
>>
File: 1483051457722.jpg (74KB, 552x604px) Image search: [Google]
1483051457722.jpg
74KB, 552x604px
>>72900536
>>72900536
>>72900536
>>72900536

kot
>>
Medium rear chicken straps
>>
>we never found out why mario is smoking weed in that pic
what the fUCK
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 74

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.