[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's discuss the new (Sandy) Alex G album that is finally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: a2445358277_10.jpg (359KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a2445358277_10.jpg
359KB, 1200x1200px
Let's discuss the new (Sandy) Alex G album that is finally out now. I think it is an AOTY candidate
>>
go to bed Alex its past midnight
>>
>>72863366
AOTY candidate for sure.

structure is perfect. somehow sounds like a collage of Beach Music, DSU, Trick and Rules without feeling like he's just redoing things because he's out of ideas. somehow goes through americana, psych pop, death grips/smtb-core, remnants of the blond sessions, gothy lo-fi and jazz fluidly and cohesively
>>
Why does he always do the one word song and album titles?
>>
/thread
>>
>>72863554
Beach Music is two words
>>
I love it. Definitely seems like he is fleshing out as an artist and experimenting with new sounds.

I really enjoy the bedroom pop stuff he's been doing but it's sick to see him moving forward and changing things up.

Really interested in where his career goes from here.
>>
Incredible. Easy AOTY candidate for sure
>>
>>72863366
listening now woooo
>>
tfw Alex Gs old band The Skin Cells played your best friends basement back in 2011 and Alex G himself gave you a homeburned copy of Race

I wish I took it out of my Jeep before I sold it, if only for the memories ;_;
>>
>>72863822
>>72863890
im actually really surprised at mu's reaction to rocket. i feel mu hates the bands that play with alex g and his whole scene
>>
>>72864199
/mu/ has changed
>>
>>72863366
His disparate songs fit in very well in the context of the album. I'm really enjoying this record. I like all of his stuff especially DSU and Beach Music, but this might be better.
>>
Why the hell did he add a (Sandy) to his name?
>>
>>72864566
It was always Sandy Alex G in order to differentiate between him and some bad YT singer but he dropped it for a few years in the middle for the sake of simplifying it. He probably brought it back at the recommendation of Domino records
>>
>>72864566
im pretty sure he had 13 year old girls and their mothers buying tickets to his shows thinking they were seeing the youtube alex g so he changed it
>>
>>72864607
>>72864638

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGdfSm3tsdo

he did those thirteen year old girls a favor
>>
>>72864607
from my understanding the YT Alex G lawyered up and pretty much forced him
>>
>>72864607
>>72864638
>>72865387
lmao that's hilarious
>>
>>72864243
mu always liked DSU fuck off
>>
>>72863366
listening right now boyoooooooooooooooooo excited for the second half n these new songs to kick off. Liking what I've heard so far but the jazz solo section in County was weird as fuck.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.