[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does Neil Cicierga do? I feel like it'd be easy to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: file.png (237KB, 591x435px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
237KB, 591x435px
What does Neil Cicierga do?

I feel like it'd be easy to make his music. I mean.. take Centerfold.

>My blood runs cold
[clap]
>My blood runs cold
[clap]
He could loop this
then play "My memory has just been sold"

Then fucking base the sound around that phrase, changing it completely. Then he'll mash it with something like Blondie - Heart of Glass

Am I wrong? Is there more to it? I mean his music's entertaining and he's done mixes that are not as simple (this is going to be the most overlooked line of text in this post) but boy most of them are just mashups right?

Girl Talk goes even further and its' almost like he is just playing a long playlist with a huge crossfade

pic related, supposedly a genius
>>
>>72858016
The only track of his I'm familiar with is his take on Wonderwall which I love. Its just silly enough, but also he has some really good, interesting ideas on how to change up the song, keeping it familiar but making an updated, unique new version.
>>
So what? It's still music.

Some people listen to hip hop music and focus on the samples and where it came from. Some listen to the music, take it all in, and enjoy it. Same thing here. Don't be beta.
>>
>>72858075
What if I do listen to music like someone who wasn't born in a Catholic Church, and I take it all in, and I still don't like his stuff?
>>
>>72858016
I think most of the praise comes from having the vision to find totally incongruous tracks that work really, really well together. Crocodile Chop is probably my favourite example of this, but there are lots. The Doobie Brothers/Linkin Park mashup is stellar also.

There are definitely tracks that really don't work. The End of the World As We Know It x We Didn't Start The Fire mix is an almost irredeemable clusterfuck.
>>
>>72858069
^^

Anyone can learn the tools of his technical trade and figure out how to mix and mesh tracks together. However, Cicierega's got just enough of an absurd sense of humour and style to pull off what he does with such grace. Dude uses more of his cultural smarts than any proficiency he has with music-editing software to pull off what he makes so well.
>>
>>72858122
Just to add, the more complicated mixes are just as impressive. Piss in particular. It's brilliant and I won't stand for anyone saying otherwise.
>>
>>72858179
Also Annoyed Grunt fits this description
>>
Obviously Neil C is a fucking joke and there's the whole Fantano 9/10 circlejerk but Spirit Phone is a seriously amazing album. One of the best from last year, no question.
>>
meme music for meme people
>>
>>72858484
The final version of Reaganomics was butchered. The demo was miles better.

Man Made Object is a belter though.
>>
>>72858016
Just don't take it too seriously. He has a knack for making probably the most interesting mash-ups of anybody on the internet, but they really are just that: mash-ups. He cannot exist without decades of musicians who wrote original material before him. He's kind of kitschy yes but it's just meant to be funny, and it has made me laugh before. It's not high art of course but it's still sort of neat to hear the rhythms, melodies, and chords of songs reworked and combined.

I will never understand anybody who thinks his albums are like, among the best of their years. Imagine how poor your taste has to be to think that lol.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly3EJbzRPjc

He's arguably better than Neil Cicierga when it comes to skinny white guys making YouTUbe music
>>
>>72859408
That guy's an actual musician though
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.