[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not interesting enough to be an indie musician. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: pd2h9flg9fmy.png (239KB, 780x438px) Image search: [Google]
pd2h9flg9fmy.png
239KB, 780x438px
I'm not interesting enough to be an indie musician. I'm not enigmatic like Jai Paul or Burial and I don't have a cool backstory of a "troubled childhood" like King Krule. I should just off myself right now.
>>
Make it all up
>>
>>72854076
If you're that damn bothered then create a character and play that.
>>
julian casablancas was a rich kid growing up and it worked out for him in the end
>>
File: Dylan-770.jpg (96KB, 770x433px) Image search: [Google]
Dylan-770.jpg
96KB, 770x433px
>>72854076

This guy was an upper middle class Jewish kid from Duluth Minnesota but he made a persona that made him famous. he probably even fucking permed his hair

Don't dream it, be it
>>
Why does troubled chilldhood get a quotation?
How could you patronize something like that?
>>
>>72854076
turn gay and everyone will fawn over your 'innovative' and 'unique' music.
>>
>>72854580
until you baselessly get accused of rape and your career ends
>>
>>72854324
everyone wants a bullshit 'troubled childhood' so it looks like they rose from the ashes or whatever when in reality its just because they were immature and now theyre older
>>
>>72854614
how would thay happen if you say youre gay
>>
>>72854680
SJWs will find a way
>>
>>72854152
this.

op you can always play on how much of a little bitch you are you faggot. there now you got pitchforks approval
>>
>>72854076
you're a whiny little pissbaby, try to work with that. gotta play the cards you're dealt know what i'm sayin nigga.
>>
>>72854838
This
Just be like 90% of female artists and go off of artifical struggle like relationship problems and self-diagnosed anxiety
>>
>>72854076

>Frogposting

You're already retarded, just make your career off of that.
>>
>>72854288
Nah, looks like pretty standard Jewish hair if he had no care at all.

>>72854153
The entirety of The Strokes were a bunch of rich kids, mostly from all sorts of corners of the world that ended up in New York for various reasons.

Anyway, anon, if you're worried about being an indie musician for the image, don't worry about it. There's never been a defining restriction for music, and while everyone wants to be the working class hero of sorts, not everyone is going to be.

Get out there, make quality music, show it to people, get contacts - I'm not saying you'll make it big, but anyone can pass off their life as interesting if you've got good material and the right connections. If you want to make it big, anyway, you'll need to try to actually do something. Wallowing in your own woe-is-me on Afghan Goat-Herding Radio isn't going to do much for you.
>>
File: 1486090113880.jpg (309KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1486090113880.jpg
309KB, 2000x2000px
>>72854076

>tfw too vapid and dead inside to write introspective music
>also too vapid and dead inside to write happy music
>too low key to write pissed off music

basically being dead inside isn't great for music
>>
>>72854076
you don't need to be interesting dude. just make music about shit that bothers you. like that fact you don't think you're interesting. make a banger bout dat.
>>
File: 1401062817927.jpg (98KB, 504x470px) Image search: [Google]
1401062817927.jpg
98KB, 504x470px
>tfw fucking terrible childhood and chronic illness
>breddy gud at coming up bass and synth parts
>can't write lyrics to bind songs together because I have no poetic talent despite having plenty I wish I could say

JUST

also my illness means I can't stand or walk for more than 20 mins without collapsing from exhaustion so even if I could write great songs I couldn't perform a set without stims and/or heavy painkillers
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.