[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What bands/artists did you have a good fun going through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1495121040246.jpg (80KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
1495121040246.jpg
80KB, 500x498px
What bands/artists did you have a good fun going through their discography?
>>
>>72849760
I had basically not listened to any pink floyd in my life until a couple months ago, just never got around to it. It was interesting going through their discography and seeing the evolution

Also ween
>>
He no like the banana
Angery
Cat no banana
>>
>>72849798
>also ween

definitely, probably the funnest to go though because just as you think you know the band they just do something totally random like La Cucaracha

My pick is probably Kinks- although you might not like them the evolution of the band from 64-71 is super interesting.
>>
Stereolab. Basically every record is complete gold
>>
>>72849760
Cat Power & Blonde Redhead
>>
At the drive in
5 6 7 8's
Alec Empire
>>
>>72849760
I may be cheating; but for me it was the Grateful Dead

I'm not referring to their studio albums though, because one doesn't listen to the Dead for their studio albums. They have three albums which are genuinely great (Workingman's Dead, American Beauty, From the Mars Hotel), the rest are meh.

The most fun is listening to their live shows. The Dead were the original jam band. Every show is different. Every solo is different. Every set list is different. Some nights the band was ON FIRE, other nights Jerry was nodding off from heroin; but when they were on, they were easily the best band of their time. The best part: most of their shows are available for free online. The Dead played over 2,300 shows, and that means hours upon hours of must-listen material just waiting to be heard.

https://archive.org/details/gd69-03-01.sbd.16track.kaplan.4030.sbeok.shnf

https://archive.org/details/gd1977-05-18.sbd.miller.79012.flac16
>>
>>72851746
That's pretty tight, ill have to check those archives out, my dad is a pretty big dead head.
>>72849760
Bowie's discog was fun to jump through. Its fairly diverse
>>
>>72849760
He no like the banana
>>
motorpsycho, still going through it
>>
>>72851746
I appreciate these links
>>
>>72849885
it's a good day to have a good day
>>
>>72849760
he not like the banana. angry cat no banana.
>>
I've tried several times to go through Bob Dylan's entire catalog and each time came close to eating a bullet. How the fuck does that man have the worshipers that he does?

With that being said I'm a huge Chris Cornell fan. Going through his music when he first hit the scene up until his last album is a pretty interesting trip. Soundgarden evolved several times during their reign. Then when they broke up his first solo album I think shocked all his fans (including me) but I loved it. Audioslave was also an interesting ride and I wish they would have done another album or two just to see what they could have evolved to.

After Audioslave he went back to solo stuff. The only stuff I didn't like was the album he did with Timbaland. I tried to get into it but it just didn't seem like Cornell to me even though he wrote it and was singing.

My favorite though was the Songbook era. It wasn't even the album I loved it was the actual tour. I saw him several times and saw countless bootlegs. The songs he covered every night just were amazing. To see his spin on classic songs was just amazing. I wish he would have just an entire album of covers.

RIP Chris. I'm sad to see you gone but glad you don't have to battle whatever demons you were fighting for all these years anymore.
>>
>>72849885
NO
BANANA
>>
File: Voltaire.jpg (65KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Voltaire.jpg
65KB, 500x500px
>>72849760
Voltaire. Most of his albums were light-hearted and had a sort of sing-along feel to them since the lyrics were so clear and at the forefront. I feel a bit immature for liking him, but I can't deny that I had fun listening to his songs.

If anyone could recommend an artist similar to him, I'd appreciate it.
>>
A U T E C H R E
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.