[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

But instead of tapping into kids' natural innocence and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: christgau4.jpg (24KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
christgau4.jpg
24KB, 300x225px
But instead of tapping into kids' natural innocence and idealism, the music industry decided to target all that was cowardly, stupid, and brutal in the rock audience. Heavy metal for all its symphonic bombast is a real rock-and-roll style, but with very few exceptions, its content is egotistic at best and nihilistic at worst. Meanwhile, schlock merchants and nostalgia-mongers of every stripe turned AM radio into the refuge from intelligence that cynics had always believed it to be.
>>
Christgau was a pioneering nu male decades before the term was coined.
>>
>>72839057
So much of criticism is just nonsense. Literally, nothing is said there. Strictly speaking, it's not even criticizing music itself (i.e., sounds) as it is image, lyrics, culture, style, people, etc. Wew, lad.
>>
His review of And Justice For All didn't tell you anything useful except that the songs were too long.
>>
File: 1470267007435.jpg (21KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1470267007435.jpg
21KB, 400x300px
>Reading, watching or listening to music critics
>>
>>72841086
Thurston Moore hated the piss out of Cuckgau because back in the 70s-80s, he controlled what artists got big in NYC.
>>
>>72841086
There's a few informative, coherent and knowledgeable critics out there but they're buried beneath the garbage this imageboard frequently cultivates.
>>
>>72841119
Thankfully not a problem anymore in the Internet age.
>>
>>72841374
>Fantano
>p4k
It's the same as it ever was.
>>
>>72839193
I'm really trying to get a grasp on the dichotomy between nu males being the epitome of "fuckin' white males" while also despising things that are extremely white and male...like metal and prog rock. Self-hatred doesn't fit the bill to me. At least not 100%.
>>
>>72841624
there a difference between being white and male, and being a nu-male, i.e. being unabashedly masculine in the case of metal
nu-males arent necessarily white, but just men who, for lack of a better explanation, dont really act like men
>>
>>72839057

I don't care what Glenn Beck thinks about music...
>>
>>72840430
No he isn't. I'm not saying I agree with him, but he's clearly saying that Metal is wanky and not really evocative or meaningful in the way xgau believes music should be. And the people who celebrate metal are generally vapid tryhards.
>>
>>72839057
based bob
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.