[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's been almost 32 years since Hounds of Love was released

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: Hounds_of_love.jpg (9KB, 316x316px) Image search: [Google]
Hounds_of_love.jpg
9KB, 316x316px
It's been almost 32 years since Hounds of Love was released and no album released in the context of popular music has been able to surpass or even come close to this beautiful masterpiece.

Although that's understandable, considering how incredibly high Kate raised the bar here, it makes me sad that there will probably never be an album as good as this, not in my lifetime at least.
>>
>implying Grimes hasn't surpassed Kate Bush
>>
>>72838053
was killing the thread part of your plan?
>>
i'd like to cum in kate's bush
>>
>>72839595
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>72839595
delete this right now
>>
An exemplary 8/10. Mother Stands for Comfort and Watching You Without Me are just OK, Jig of Life isn't great.
>>
>>72838010
do you mean literally popular music, pop music, or 'things that are not classical music'
>>
>>72839763
>Jig of Life
Jig of Life is great dude
>>
>>72839763
Mother Stands for Comfort and Jig of Life are some of the better songs though. It's Cloudbursting and Running Up That Hill that have rather subpar lyrics and the accompanimental vocal layering in the latter song is unnecessarily jarring.
>>
>>72839804
>unnecessarily jarring
almost as if he hasn't Kate Bushed.
>>
>>72839823
Every other song in the album is fine though. Actually there's a short section in The Big Sky that is unnecessarily jarring but it works in context with the lyrics so I'm cool with it.
>>
>>72839796
>>72839804
Jig of Life is just like, a genre exercise. It isn't undercut with any wit, it's so generic.

Cloudbusting is the best song on the first side. Half of what the songs say aren't legible on the lyric sheet, it works emotionally with the music and enunciation. Running Up that Hill I can take or leave, it's a decent pop song, nothing more.
>>
>>72839823
if any kate bush album is full of jarring noises, it's this one
>>
>>72839872
>a genre exercise
No Irish folk song has a chorus hook like that, you fool. Or a false ending followed by a verse of bardic toasting.
>>
File: The Dreaming.jpg (67KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
The Dreaming.jpg
67KB, 300x300px
>>72839888
You got your images mixed up.
>>
>>72839872
I don't think wit would make Jig of Life any better. At that point in the story, she's fighting for her life and it's supposed to be pretty serious, which is reflected in the fact that it's almost dirge-like compared to the small amounts of Irish folk music that I've listened to.
>>
>>72839997
Yes, it's nothing like Irish folk, it's a Kate Bush arranged for for Irish folk musicians.
>>
>>72840039
*song
>>
>>72838053
fpbp
and The Dreaming is better than Hounds of Love
>>
>>72840191
Dreaming is too zany, and the mix sucks.
>>
>>72839804
Those literally are the finest lyrical showings on the album. What the fuck? Running Up That Hill is an outstanding love song and Cloudbusting is a damn tear jerker.

>On top of the world, looking over the edge, you could see them coming.
>You looked too small in their big, black car, to be a threat to the men in power.

>Every time it rains, you're here in my head, like the sun coming out. I just know that something good is going to happen. I don't know when, but just saying it could even make it happen.
>>
>>72839909
>No Irish folk song
Kate's English and Jigs originate from England. Stop giving them credit.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.