[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy shit. I just found this album last night and was blown away...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: sun-kil-moon.jpg (106KB, 1200x1104px) Image search: [Google]
sun-kil-moon.jpg
106KB, 1200x1104px
Holy shit. I just found this album last night and was blown away... I need more like it, the spoken word and the no cryptic bullshit lyrics. Straight to the point, rambly but I need more of it.
>>
File: DareToBeSurprised.jpg (16KB, 200x196px) Image search: [Google]
DareToBeSurprised.jpg
16KB, 200x196px
Folk Implosion - Dare To Be Surprised
>>
>>72836326
Thank you, I will check this out tonight!
>>
>>72836257
Mount Eerie - A Crow Looked At Me

My AOTYSF, I actually prefer it to Sun Kil Moon but the lyrics and instrumentation are reasonably similar.
>>
>>72836257
Have you listened to the Benji album? I like it better..
>>
>>72836422
I listened to a bit of it when it first came out but it never clicked so I turned it off after the second song. Will have to revisit it.
>>72836413
ACLAM was my most anticipated release, but all the songs were so similar. I'll listen again though and find the deep meaning.
>>
>>72836257
Benji is like a more accessible version of that album but just as good even better IMO cause it's more focused and less "filler". Notable tracks and must listens on Benji are "Bens my Freind" and "Michelin"!!!!!

ALSO the new mount eerie album i agree is amazing and better. defs give that a listen.

So yeah Benji and the new mount eerie. Also I would listen to Sun Kil moons Ghosts of the great highway Which is a personal 10/10
>>
>>72836257
i'm sure you've heard it already but if you haven't you must listen to Benji, it's better
>>
>>72836506
Does Benji have the hip hop esque spoken Word sections that have the aggression?
>>
>>72836560
just listen to it senpai
>>
>>72836476
I kinda approached it more as one long statement than as a collection of songs, in the same way that scenes in a film function better together than they do individually.
>>
>all these plebs saying Benji is better

jfc
>>
>>72837024
seriously, universal themes and CAL are both way better than benji.
>>
universal themes underrated af also. get that.
>>
>>72836476
Common as light is way better than benji desu. Common as light doesn't have any songs as bad as I love my dad or I can't live without my mothers love. I would definitely try the new jesu/sun kil moon album 30 seconds to the decline of planet earth. It feels like an extension of common as light, at least lyrically.
>>
>>72837024
>>72837137
Thank god there are some sensible people here benji is way overrated
>>
>>72836257
lol well you're in luck because kozelek is shitting out this stuff every 10 minutes

pretty sure he just released another fucking album with jesu
>>
>>72836560
Benji doesn't really have any hip hops beats on any songs like CaLaLaRRoB but there's a couple tracks where it kind of sounds like Mark is rapping.
>>
>>72839155
There's a new collab album with the front man of Parquet Courts coming in July too.
>>
>>72839155
which is sick btw. hes also releasing an album this summer with the bassist from parquet courts
>>
Why does nobody ever talk about the Sun Kil Moon albums between Ghosts of the Great Highway and Benji?

April is a solid 8/10 and Admiral Fell Promises is good too. Even Among the Leaves has a few tracks I still go back too.
>>
>>72839213
*bassist
>>
>>72839269
My bad. I don't follow Parquet Courts, just kind of assumed the collab was with their front man.
>>
>>72839282
That would make more sense this collab seems a little random but it's mark so I trust him
>>
>>72839261
Well I just got into sun Kil moon so I've only heard ghosts, Benji, the collab with jesu (which I thought was super great) , the new album which was great too.

Then I went to his stuff with red house painters which is like even more great stuff so I'll eventually check out the rest of his sun Kil moon stuff but for now I'm just enjoying red house painters
>>
I really like the almost hip-hop beats on Common As Light...

What next? Should I just work my way backwards or is there a /mu/ chart someplace?
>>
>>72839484
Working your way backwards might not be a bad idea if you started with Common as Light.

Listen to the new collab with Jesu that just came out, Benji, Universal Themes, and Perils From the Sea. Then check out Red House Painters and pre-Benji Sun Kil Moon.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.