[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a point in learning this when things like the Hao

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: grand_scale.png (201KB, 688x364px) Image search: [Google]
grand_scale.png
201KB, 688x364px
Is there a point in learning this when things like the Hao staff exist?
>>
File: 400px-Piano_staff.png (10KB, 400x177px) Image search: [Google]
400px-Piano_staff.png
10KB, 400x177px
i ask because i just got a cool yamaha piano as a gift and I want to learn to play it but this shit looks hard as fuck
>>
It's not really that difficult anon, with a bit of practice you can do it.
>>
Also do this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH-wJZQI0jY
>>
>Bass clef
lines, from bottom to top are G, B, D, F, A. Good Boys Do Fine Always.
spaces, from bottom to top are A, C, E, G. All Cows Eat Grass
>Treble clef
lines bottom to top are E, G, B, D, F. Every Good Boy Does Fine. don't confuse this with the bass clef one, but even if you do you can fact check it with...
spaces are F, A, C, E. FACE. very easy to remember

all it takes is some memorization at the beginning and then it becomes second nature
>>
>>72825023
>>72825042
>>72825133
is it still used today? thank you though, anons, I will give it a shot regardless.
>>
>>72825042
just tried that video. wow I played some really nice stuff. the pentatonic scale is amazing.l
>>
>>72825680
almost all music today is written using this staff, and this probably will continue for the forseeable future. if you're interested in learning & playing music it is pretty much a necessity to be able to read this notation
>>
>>72824581
Learn your Circle of Fifths. It's indispensable.
>>
>>72828598
Watched a couple good Youtube videos on it, I understand it. Just every notes perfect fifth. But I still under understand how it's useful? The notes do harmonize well. Are you supposed to use it for writing melodies?
>>
>>72828693
Circle of fifths is mainly useful for two things - functional harmony and key signatures. For your key signatures, sharps or flats are added going in order around the circle of fifths, so if you can count the accidentals and then go around the circle of fifths you can find the key.

It's helpful for functional harmony in that if you have a dominant seventh chord, it will tend to resolved to the tonality a fourth below it. Often times this only happens for one key, but it's a potentially infinite process - see Giant Steps, where dominant resolution means the song is cycling through 3 keys constantly. The V-I is basically the agreed upon "fundamental unit" of musical progression, and the circle of fifths helps you to make better use of it.
>>
>>72828774
>it will tend to resolved to the tonality a fourth below it.
You mean a 5th below it, or a 4th above it
>>
>>72824581
Hao staff only applies to keyboard instruments.

maybe you don't care about that. maybe you just wanna play your favorite anime theme song. so you go online and find free sheet music. it will most likely be written the normie way so just stick with what's tried and true.
>>
>>72828852
sorry, you're right. was thinking of a 4th above and wrote a 4th below
>>
File: 20170517_140132.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170517_140132.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>72828774
>>72828852
Thanks guys. I'm having a lot of fun. Just learned about chord inversions. This shit is deep.
>>72828942
Yeah I'm just gonna stick to the most effective way of learning. not necessarily the easiest.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.